Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here in 'Fly Over Country', a/k/a Iowa, there has been quite a few going on this fall and winter. I haven't made any as the ones that interested me have been a no-go since Jan 1 due to terrible road conditions, snow, sub-zero temps. Did make one in Des Moines (prob biggest in state) back in late October. It recurs about every 5-6 weeks or so. Have three in mind the next three weeks or so, Fort Dodge, Mason City (stone throw away), and Des Moines. Wife and I had China Flu back mid Nov through early Dec that caused me to miss some big shows. Another one in Cedar Rapids is coming up also in March. 99's are few and seldom seen in my state. Of the three I have one was from a rare area collector and the other two were purchased from member's from this 99 forum.

Gun shows, while I like to attend and browse, are not what they used to be-a place where components, ammo, and firearms could be purchased at better than retail prices or not readily found. They've become a harborage unfortunately for to many scalpers and those wanting to make their life savings off of every sale. Not all, but too many. Still enjoy attending them, beats having to do walk throughs at antique places with my wife that contain dishes, do dad's, and all kinds of other junk. We go in one of those places, takes me about a ten minute walk through to check the place out and she isn't 10 feet from the door. Has to check out every plate, trinket, old kitchen utensils, you name it---I'm a good sport and deal with it--amuses her. She does like gun shows though, attends every once in a while with me if I don't go with a few of my old shootin and huntin associates.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Went to one in Carlisle Pa about a month ago. About 150 tables. Bought a Savage 110e in 7mm mag for $350. Primers and powder prices were crazy. This coming weekend is York Pa, probably not going to that one.

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BLR358WIN
Im heading to the Bloomsburg Pa show on saturday

I had a good time at the show yesterday. Only saw one 99 but met up with a bunch of guys from the club and i had the chance to meet Eric ( BLR358 ). It was nice talking with you Eric. Im sure i will see you there again.

Joe

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Went to a small show yesterday at a VFW hall in Detroit suburb's. Not a single 99, and ammo prices were little higher than usual. Nothing I couldn't live without. FIL and I for years got tables at a local show, and from that I knew most of the venders there. I genuinely missed the comradery. Bunch of great guys.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
I'm heading to the Bloomsburg Pa show on Saturday

I had a good time at the show yesterday. Only saw one 99 but met up with a bunch of guys from the club and I had the chance to meet Eric ( BLR358 ). It was nice talking with you Eric. I'm sure i will see you there again.

Joe

Joe and I stood in line for an hour yesterday to get into a small gun show in VA. Not much to look at once we got inside though. The best part of the experience was the Brew Haus we visited after.

How was attendance in Bloomsburg? I lived in Bloomsburg for 9 1/2 years from 1988 to 1997. A nice little town.

Randy

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was pretty busy Randy. I ended up coming home with some powder and Speer bullets and 7 boxes of old Remington 22hp ammo.

Joe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was pretty busy Randy. I ended up coming home with some powder and Speer bullets and 7 boxes of old Remington 22hp ammo.

Joe

whistle That was good show for you.

York, Pa was his past weekend too. That's usually a decent show. Anybody go?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Im heading to the Bloomsburg Pa show on saturday

I had a good time at the show yesterday. Only saw one 99 but met up with a bunch of guys from the club and i had the chance to meet Eric ( BLR358 ). It was nice talking with you Eric. Im sure i will see you there again.

Joe

Joe, everyone social distancing and wearing masks?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They were as far apart as could be. I only saw maybe 5 or 6 people without a mask.

Joe

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice meeting you to Joe. My daughters boyfriend went to the Bloomsburg show today. Sounded just as busy as yesterday

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Went to the show in Kansas City last weekend - it was absolutely packed Every demographic having a good time together. I saw two 99's - a pretty nice 303 for $895 and an ok 308 for $700. Ammo prices were current with the market.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The big show in Tulsa is next weekend. The last 2 were cancelled but they say this one is still on. It is the biggest show in the world with 4500 tables. This one will have huge attendance because everyone is scared there may not be another due to Joe and the Ho. I have 2 tables and hope to pick up a few 99s and doubles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, I'm getting my second shot the day before Tulsa. I'd be going, but know too many folks who have felt lousy after their second shots for a day or two. Really don't want to do 7 hours of driving while feeling lousy.

Hit a small gunshow here last weekend. Nothing Savage related at all.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.