Print Thread
Hop To
P
PSE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I went in to my local gun shop today and I bought some 22 LR ammo. 2 boxes each of SV and Minimags. It was on sale at a good price. CCI ammo no less.

And I left some for someone else - How weird is that???

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not weird, but it's sad that it's not normal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good man.

Been pondering the psychology of our buying behavior during these scares. Still don’t understand it.

Last weekend, stopped in a favorite rural store, and they had about a brick’s worth of blazer 50ct boxes on the shelf, $2.99, no limit. Ask the young man if he has any bricks. Nope. So i pass, noting i don’t “need” any, and surely, if no other glutton wipes it out, someone who needs it will get to buy some.

This week, stop in a different store, and they’ve the same offering, but two box limit. I don’t even think; i put two boxes in the cart and keep moving.

Why? Dunno.

Different observation. Two gunshows last weekend. Great content for old guns, if silly ammo prices. See some (silly) money trade hands for pistol ammo, mostly young guys. Saw zero 22lr sold for $60/brick and up. Zero. A more savvy seller might try lowering the price, could corner the market at the show, but nope. I don’t follow the disconnect. Sellers hauling around milk crates of dust-covered, chitty Fed Automatch and Rem thunderturds bought at $10-15/ea on sale now determined to quadruple his money or bust. Wtf? Gotta be pride and bragging rights.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only ammo I've seen on the shelves lately, is a few boxes of steel shot for duck hunting and 2 boxes of 28 gauge something or the other. No rifle or pistol ammo of any kind.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Seen a guy running up to checkout at farm and fleet with two boxes of white box 9mm for 16 a box. Asked the gal in that dept they got 30 boxes in today's

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice of you to do that, i busted the tip of my right thumb today, i keep sticking it down in the scotch i'm drinking, i like the burn. grin

Trump Won!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm thinking I need a large freezer to store my toilet paper in.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las

I've got a shop cabinet I'm thinking of taking out all the auto oil and Kroil cans out of and fill it with every canning jar lid I can find. I'm gonna be the canning jar lid King of the Outback of Cali.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Only ammo I've seen on the shelves lately, is a few boxes of steel shot for duck hunting and 2 boxes of 28 gauge something or the other. No rifle or pistol ammo of any kind.

They know better than sending that down here. Not a whole lot of folks in the “Ima put up with alot of bs today” business. Just an observation

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Shoot, I was in a FA training store, and their 22LR bricks were only $108, a real steal! Well, I didn’t buy any.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by las

I've got a shop cabinet I'm thinking of taking out all the auto oil and Kroil cans out of and fill it with every canning jar lid I can find. I'm gonna be the canning jar lid King of the Outback of Cali.

Put one lid on a gold necklace to wear around.

Let everyone know who you are.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PSE
I went in to my local gun shop today and I bought some 22 LR ammo. 2 boxes each of SV and Minimags. It was on sale at a good price. CCI ammo no less.

And I left some for someone else - How weird is that???
April fools...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by las

Put one lid on a gold necklace to wear around.

Let everyone know who you are.

Dude!

What a great idea.

Kinda like Flava Flaves clock!

Ima get one platinum plated I think.

Maybe engraved.................King of the Lids.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wear it with a velour (sp?) track suit and white sneakers.

#donthatetheplayerhatethegame

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,528
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.