Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Unfortunately I own my own business (self employed)
I have to answer the calls and some weeks I get zero calls other times I get 15 a day.
I have even threatened them with legal action.
It does not help.
I was trying to get business credit and purchased an piece of equipment on a Lease. I wanted a Loan not the Lease.
in the 1st month I paid several month worth of payments putting me ahead.
The Leasing company that got me into the mess sold my lease to Pawnee a big Corporate Lending firm.
They proceeded to list my account as delinquent even thou I was months ahead.
This action from them started the Harassment from every single banking and loan company in the world on my company.
I paid the 5 year lease off in the first year thinking that it wold put an end to the Harassment.
It has been about 5 years now and I still get the calls.
I am not very nice to them anymore.
Harassment is Harassment.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Im roy d damn mercer!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by LoadClear
By answering the phone and talking, you just confirmed that your number is valid, and your number was shared.

Expect more calls now.

Precisely. Being cute by answering and harassing the caller makes you the fool.

But if you're enjoying yourself, go right ahead. You've got a hobby.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
By answering the phone and talking, you just confirmed that your number is valid, and your number was shared.

Expect more calls now.

Yep.

I let calls from numbers I don’t recognize go to VM & if they leave a message I might call back. If they don’t I block the number.

Never answer.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
if my #'s a commodity might as well list it on ebay

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Expect more calls now.

Correct. Just answering means your number has value, so they sell it to other telemarketers. You become a "verified lead" on a list of verified leads sold to telemarketers. Verified means that you answer your phone, even if you don't recognize the caller via caller ID.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Have I got a deal for you.....lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Expect more calls now.

Yep.

I let calls from numbers I don’t recognize go to VM & if they leave a message I might call back. If they don’t I block the number.

Never answer.

Yes. We no longer answer if number is unrecognized and no message is left. We also block the numbers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
somehow these fuggers have figured out how to call my work instant messenger - you can make outgoing calls but to my knowledge there isn't an incoming dedicated number - but they've figured out a way to call me on it. I was getting calls from Peru and Hungary, and they'd repeat non stop for about 10 minutes. Its hasn't happened in a few days so maybe our IT guys figured out a way to shut it down.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The refinance crew hasn't called yet today. I think they may have gotten tired of talking to Owey Mullins and Leroy Mercer.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The refinance crew hasn't called yet today. I think they may have gotten tired of talking to Owey Mullins and Leroy Mercer.

Real simple Boomer, if you don't recognize the number, don't answer. If you answer a number you don't recognize you deserve what you get and quit griping about it.

Not real tough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a couple this week that went to voicemail. It was a machine recording that said "your social has been compromised. Press one to speak with the officer to fix things..." LOL.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Blocking the number doesn’t help. The numbers are spoofed. I’ve gotten three calls now from my own phone number. First time I looked at the phone and it showed me calling I was WTF ?

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by callnum

Real simple Boomer, if you don't recognize the number, don't answer. If you answer a number you don't recognize you deserve what you get and quit griping about it.

Not real tough.

Okay, incel.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Blocking the number doesn’t help. The numbers are spoofed. I’ve gotten three calls now from my own phone number. First time I looked at the phone and it showed me calling I was WTF ?

Exactly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't answer unknown calls on my mobile (cell phone) but let home calls go to the answering machine - they never leave a message. I once got a voicemail on the mobile from an Indian guy claiming to be from the tax office saying that I was about to face jail time for non-payment of a tax bill, or something like that.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Classic 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As more telco's switch over from switch based phone systems (like the NorTel DMS) to IP based systems like Meta, it will get a (liitle) better, since their are tools to filter spam calls in the IP world, but I still wouldn't expect them to go away- ever. Think of them like spam e-mails.... ISP's try to filter them, but most still get through.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ya'll need to go easy on Bristoe for answering his phone to scammers...........

After all, this is the same guy who replaced a bad water line 3 feet at a time.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 21 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.