-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The microchip shortage continues to impact new vehicle manufacturing. Here's the latest from Ford:

Ford Closing Plants Due to Chip Shortage

DEARBORN, Mich (FOX 2) - Ford is closing the Dearborn truck plant for two weeks due to a computer chip shortage.

The plant will be closed the weeks of April 5 and 12. The automaker is also canceling super shifts at the plant for the weeks of April 26, May 10, May 31, and June 21.

Ford said the part shortage is related to the global microchip shortage.

he microchips, known as semiconductors, are the brains of new cars. Some new vehicles have as many as 12 microchips.

The spring 2020 shutdown to curb the spread of COVID-19 has led to manufacturers trying to play catch up.

A large vessel blocking the Suez Canal and a fire at a Japanese chip plant also have caused issues for automakers.

Other Ford plant closures related to the shortage include:

Kansas City Assembly Plant – Truck side only – will be down the week of April 5. We are also canceling super shifts at KCAP Truck side the weeks of April 12, April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10, May 17, June 7, and June 14
Kansas City Assembly Plant – Transit side – is canceling super shifts for the weeks of April 5, April 12 and April 19
Louisville Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of April 12 and April 19
Chicago Assembly Plant is canceling a super shift for the week of April 5
Ohio Assembly Plant is canceling super shifts for the weeks of April 12 and April 26
Oakville Assembly Complex will be down the weeks of April 12, April 19, and April 26

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Maybe micron needs to fire up a few more clean rooms stateside. I remember when zilog made microprocessors in Idaho too.

Is it a good idea to rely on a country that is out to destroy you for so many key components. Anyone think that maybe China would like to hurt US car manufacturers given that the are trying to make more cars over there.

We should bring a lot of manufacturering back here. I doubt the current pres will ever do it as long as China is keeping his boy hunter flush with cash, drugs, and underage girls.

Bb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am someone that lives and dies by the automotive industry.
This has the potential to be a REALLY good year or a terrible one. I just don't know which yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Maybe micron needs to fire up a few more clean rooms stateside. I remember when zilog made microprocessors in Idaho too.

Is it a good idea to rely on a country that is out to destroy you for so many key components. Anyone think that maybe China would like to hurt US car manufacturers given that the are trying to make more cars over there.

We should bring a lot of manufacturering back here. I doubt the current pres will ever do it as long as China is keeping his boy hunter flush with cash, drugs, and underage girls.

Bb

X1000.

There are even bigger stakes then Pappy getting a shiny new cruiser.
Fair trade is good, competition is good.
But things need to be balanced.
Companies need to look into and beyond the great cost saving idea.
America often thinks very short term.
Like the guy who puts $0 in his cars maintenance.
Only to be stranded and thousand of dollars into repairs.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the ford dealer where i bought my 250 5 1/2 years ago called me the other day and wanted to buy my truck. he said they would give me more than blue book. he said they can't get used trucks and new ones are even getting harder to get. weird times.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Boss bought a new F-150 Platinum edition. Check engine light came on within the first 200 miles. Ford says it is a bad chip and they do not know when they will get a replacement. He is currently driving a loaner.......maybe they should have waited a little longer on that one.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Supply chain disruptions will continue for a long while.

I don’t think that we’ve seen the worst of it yet.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Say it again: cash for clunkers was a bad thing

Obama the good idea fairy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
GM was running short of chips one or two months ago.

The canal blocker probably made things worse...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
canal had nothing to do with it. Plant that makes them had a fire and that was after they were already behind due to the covid scam.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A chip . LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by elkmtb
canal had nothing to do with it. Plant that makes them had a fire and that was after they were already behind due to the covid scam.

Post a link to the fire you're speaking about.
Last Ford fire I am aware of was at a Tier 1 supplier like 3 years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
microchips, known as semiconductors

Idiot media. They might as well say "pickup trucks, known as steel".

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I bought my 2019 F150 in the spring of 2020. They sent me a letter offering me $3000 more than I paid for it. I didn't even respond. I'm not interested in selling it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Trade is great for saving money until you get caught short. At least it's not something really necessary like food....or medicine.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ford is going to have a heck of a long wait for me to buy a new F-150 or any other truck. There is absolutely no rational reason for the prices they want. I'll keep driving my 2006 Super Duty and when it will no longer run I'll put a new diesel engine in it and get another 20 years out of it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.