Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper. You cannot do that out in the World.

Another take on the subject is that if you, and millions like you, hadn't left The Church, it wouldn't be in the poor shape it is now.

If you, and those like you, didn't act like this in Church millions wouldn't have left. Maybe then it wouldn't be in the poor shape it's in.
I know, it burns you like acid. You should discuss it with Christ.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can't even give God 1 hour a week, why would you want to spend eternity in worship & praise?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can't even give God 1 hour a week, why would you want to spend eternity in worship & praise?

Who are you the other 167 hours of the week?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper. You cannot do that out in the World.

Another take on the subject is that if you, and millions like you, hadn't left The Church, it wouldn't be in the poor shape it is now.

If you, and those like you, didn't act like this in Church millions wouldn't have left. Maybe then it wouldn't be in the poor shape it's in.

Doesn't burn me at all. I made a decision at 18 that I didn't need other humans running interference between me and the way I choose to worship. I've seen nothing showing me that was a poor choice
Churches are nothing but gathering locations for fallible humans, most of whom I have no desire to be around. I can find my God easily enough in the quiet, wild places where I hike, run, etc
I feel sorry that you need something created by man to feel closer to God.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Someone who should be going to mass daily, growing further, faster in devotion.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you want people to worship government and the ruling class, you need to get rid of religion.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Doesn't burn me at all. I made a decision at 18 that I didn't need other humans running interference between me and the way I choose to worship. I've seen nothing showing me that was a poor choice
Churches are nothing but gathering locations for fallible humans, most of whom I have no desire to be around. I can find my God easily enough in the quiet, wild places where I hike, run, etc
I feel sorry that you need something created by man to feel closer to God.

Very well said and I couldn’t agree more.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As for the OP question.

Declining membership means less money, and the power that goes with it.

Originally Posted by Jim1611
If entering into a building that is dedicated to the worship and teaching of God isn't for you that's your business but there's a few things I do question. How many missionaries have you supported? How do you expect the lost sinner that has not teaching in regard to the Bible to hear the truth if you've chosen to hide your light under a basket? How are we going to support the ongoing outreach through speaking, writing or otherwise? Do you tithe? There may be other questions I'm not arguing about church attendance but if everyone quit going who is carrying the torch? Are you?

I also want it to be known that my post isn't a defense of the Catholic church as some here have had a problem with. As far as I'm concerned they are not a Bible based doctrine and it's no wonder they have allowed what they have.

Isn't freedom of religion great? My beliefs and actions are mine. Truly no one's business how or why. Isn't freedom of religion great. I do not broadcast my actions, or brag about them as many do.
Isn't freedom of religion great? To me being a good person is not a dick measuring holier than thou contest.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
I lost faith in churches a long time ago. That does not equate to losing faith in the gospels miles
Totally unbiblical. Jesus and the Apostles faithfully attended the Temple & synagogue until they couldn't. Then they worked to set up their own churches.

I live near a town of less than 2000 people, men, women and children. I bet there are at least 15 different churches there. When I attended High School in the early 1960's there was maybe 4 churches, and about 500 more people in town. All of these split off because of hurt feelings along the way. Now I never attended any of those churches past or present except for funerals, but I did see the infighting in the churches that I did attend. Like I said I lost all faith in churches. If you like them OK, but they don't seem to be for me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you think that the performance of ritual and consumption of dogma is going to enhance your standing with the Creator of the Universe...I have no words for you.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Yeah, so, regardless of how you live, if you never even knew about Jesus, let alone "believed" in him, torture for eternity."

I believe that those who have never heard the Word, little babies, aboriginals in deep remote areas as examples are probably given a pass. If the Lord God is truly just, He could do nothing less.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PJGunner
"Yeah, so, regardless of how you live, if you never even knew about Jesus, let alone "believed" in him, torture for eternity."

I believe that those who have never heard the Word, little babies, aboriginals in deep remote areas as examples are probably given a pass. If the Lord God is truly just, He could do nothing less.
Paul B.

Yeah, see, that's not what the bible says.

And if you get to just pick, choose, and add stuff, well, it sure isn't an infallible source.....

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John 3:16 says a lot.

Yes it does Richard. I just wish more people could see that.

I am more of an Old Testament kinda guy...

Though He slay me, I will hope in Him; yet I will argue my ways to His face.

- Job 13:15

The New Testament is a book of "Hope"...

The Old Testament is a book of "Discipline"...

The Testament that is being written NOW... is one of "Strength".

The Old Testament prepared the world for the coming of the Savior.

The New Testament fulfilled that prophecy.

"The New Testament fulfilled that prophecy."

Really?

The new Testament is an "Hope Filled" Obama soup sandwich with a side order of cold stale fries.

It has been manipulated and abused FOREVER.

Dig deeper...

Life is damn hard... The Old Testament was very clean on that. Israel is a miserable chunk of rock... but the Jews hold it like a jewel because the know that Hard = Truth.

Prepare Now... extremely hard schist is coming.

If you follow the Old Testament and ignore the New Testament, then I guess you're not a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Christ and I guess that you don't like his teachings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you think that the performance of ritual and consumption of dogma is going to enhance your standing with the Creator of the Universe...I have no words for you.
How do you fulfill the 1st Great Commandment?

It's not enhancing my standing with God, it's enhancing God's standing with ME.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What Does Declining Church Attendance Mean for Our Society?

That is an easy question to answer. Just watch the news...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Really?

The new Testament is an "Hope Filled" Obama soup sandwich with a side order of cold stale fries.

Dig deeper...

Life is damn hard... The Old Testament was very clean on that. Israel is a miserable chunk of rock... but the Jews hold it like a jewel because the know that Hard = Truth.

If you follow the Old Testament and ignore the New Testament, then I guess you're not a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Christ and I guess that you don't like his teachings.

Oh no... you worship a different God than me...

Oh me... oh my... what shall we ever do...

Maybe start a war... like a hundred times before.

Let's burn it all down... because of what... remind me again.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Really?

Dig deeper...

Oh no... you worship a different God than me...

Oh me... oh my... what shall we ever do...

Maybe start a war... like a hundred times before.

Let's burn it all down... because of what... remind me again.

Oh that's right... I quoted Job... and not John...

Surely someone must die...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]My church is high in the mountains, and other wild country. And it doesn’t have a ceiling. I go all the time.[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]I spent over 4 hours in church today. And covered over 10 miles afoot. Great sermon...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 222ND
What Does Declining Church Attendance Mean for Our Society?

That is an easy question to answer. Just watch the news...

But one can point to many periods of time throughout history where attendance was close to 100% and conditions were oppressive and horrible.

Correlation isn't causation.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
To many people think they can sin and be an azzz all week long then if they go to church and say a prayer the slate is wiped clean and they can start all over again. I have never met a more aloof group of people than people who regularly attend the same church. It’s like their church is the only church and you are either in, or you are out.
Not my style. Living the golden rule is a good life. Going to church doesn’t mean diddly.

A caring god would NEVER EVER permit priests and other religious leaders to molest innocent children. Nor allow their superiors to allow it to continue.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (450yukon, 79S, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,672 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,380
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.