Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
All six are a fugging joke.

Nothing to see here.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 45_100
The last thing the democrats want is for the Supreme Court to take up a gun control case and uphold the Second Ammendment. I know it is a crap shoot but if it happens they will lose bigly. They are trying to push this crap as far as they can without bringing it to a head. They will pack the court first, then start trying to confiscate firearms.

Those aszholes are funny.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
It’ll fool their idiots.

Anyone fool enough to vote for him surely will swallow this hook line and sinker

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Since we haven't seen the "ghost gun" order yet we can't be sure. Could be 80% frames and "parts" and that could include everything right down to a weaver base for a 1022. Its the camels nose under the tent again.

K
K_P Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Meaningless and ineffective political posturing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speaking as an AR owner, I've always found the whole AR pistol "brace" a goofy bit of loophole engineering anyway. Who the hell are we trying to fool anyway?

I won't lose a minute of sleep over these EO's.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K_P
Meaningless and ineffective political posturing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Speaking as an AR owner, I've always found the whole AR pistol "brace" a goofy bit of loophole engineering anyway. Who the hell are we trying to fool anyway?

I won't lose a minute of sleep over these EO's.

The concept of an SBR is absurd.

At the end of the day the NFA is unconstitutional in and of itself.

If the British Crown were to have banned AR-15s in 1774, would the drafters have assented?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watch him ban this by EO and the left celebrate in the streets LOL

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDW
Watch him ban this by EO and the left celebrate in the streets LOL

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Let me guess...

You remove everything that doesn't look like a gun, right?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
60 days to move on pistol braces. Lol. They’ve been dicking around on those for awhile now. Guess mine is safe.

Yup.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did Slo-Joe actually author something himself?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Surest way to lose elections is to PO the voters. I suspect the Democrats are gonna wait and see if the Mid Terms go their way.

If they do and they get wider majorities in the Senate and Congress, then the gloves will come off and the full-on assault on the 2nd will happen.

That’s funny.
As if elections matter and as if they give a schit what “voters” say, think or do.

“We have put together the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

Joe Biden

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

A model Red Flag law for states has no force in law, and the good states will ignore it. Sadly, Florida has one of its own already. It's possible, however, that its being included in the executive order will prompt a movement to have it removed from Florida law.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of this stuff is bad. Don't go to sleep. Realistically, the first two are "legit" EO's in that they are the stuff of EO's. IMO they are Unconstitutional and also things that shouldn't be EO'd. They have consequences. The rest of them are things that are in essence, silly. Biden would present guidance on passing Red Flag Laws anyway. It might precipitate some in states that eventually would pass them anyway, without guidance and certainly without an EO. It won't do anything positive for the anti's in solid Red States and in fact, may precipitate pro-gun laws against Red Flags.

The Justice Dept. already issues reports. So f u c king what. Slow Mo Joe was already going to nominate an anti-gunner for AG. Big deal. How is that EO material? The gov already uses our own tax monies against us for propaganda purposes. So what?

So two EO's that shouldn't be EO's and that have some affect. Here's the Fudd part. I was alive when the GCA was passed and enacted and for a long time, stuff like ultra short barreled AR's were deemed illegal anyway. Then they came out with AR pistols and then people put stocks on them. They were deemed illegal and then people started calling them braces. Voila! Legal. I have no personal use for them myself, but if people want them, I am all for it. The GCA is an infringement anyway and if you read it that braces are illegal due to the GCA then it's all unconstitutional anyway. Ghost guns didn't exist when I was younger. I don't see how they're legal under the GCA which is itself illegal as hell IMO. Bottom line is, both these EO's should be resisted to the fullest extant possible both in Federal and State legislative arenas and also in the courts. I don't see a ghost gun in my future, but so what? If somebody wants one, I'm all for it. Resist, obstruct, object. Isn't that what the commies said when Trump went in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But they keep taken guns away inch by inch. This must stop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We realistically always should be moving forward. This was the huge problem with the NRA. It existed way before Wayne and his suits became an issue. We need to be pushing towards no infringement. Negating these two things needs to be done, but even that isn't moving forward either legislatively or legally. Small moves forward would include getting rid of the ban on regular people being unable to buy, sell and trade in states other than their own. This especially on handguns which can't even be bought from FFL's legally in other states. Big moves would be legalization of full auto's. Silencers are in between. This is stuff to do while we wait for complete deregulation and uninfringement of the rights recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
But they keep taken guns away inch by inch. This must stop.
I said some Fuddish things but am not a Fudd. See my other post.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Assuming this rundown of the EO's is accurate...realistically, we are exceedingly fortunate that no ban on imports was enacted. Limited ones have been done before and one right now, with guns and ammo the way they are, would be nearly catastrophic.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
All of this stuff is bad. Don't go to sleep. Realistically, the first two are "legit" EO's in that they are the stuff of EO's. IMO they are Unconstitutional and also things that shouldn't be EO'd. They have consequences. The rest of them are things that are in essence, silly. Biden would present guidance on passing Red Flag Laws anyway. It might precipitate some in states that eventually would pass them anyway, without guidance and certainly without an EO. It won't do anything positive for the anti's in solid Red States and in fact, may precipitate pro-gun laws against Red Flags.

The Justice Dept. already issues reports. So f u c king what. Slow Mo Joe was already going to nominate an anti-gunner for AG. Big deal. How is that EO material? The gov already uses our own tax monies against us for propaganda purposes. So what?

So two EO's that shouldn't be EO's and that have some affect. Here's the Fudd part. I was alive when the GCA was passed and enacted and for a long time, stuff like ultra short barreled AR's were deemed illegal anyway. Then they came out with AR pistols and then people put stocks on them. They were deemed illegal and then people started calling them braces. Voila! Legal. I have no personal use for them myself, but if people want them, I am all for it. The GCA is an infringement anyway and if you read it that braces are illegal due to the GCA then it's all unconstitutional anyway. Ghost guns didn't exist when I was younger. I don't see how they're legal under the GCA which is itself illegal as hell IMO. Bottom line is, both these EO's should be resisted to the fullest extant possible both in Federal and State legislative arenas and also in the courts. I don't see a ghost gun in my future, but so what? If somebody wants one, I'm all for it. Resist, obstruct, object. Isn't that what the commies said when Trump went in?

What's being called a ghost gun is just a gun someone made in their shop. An industry has risen up providing frames that are just shy of being classifiable as guns, and folks are finishing them, but those frames aren't ghost guns. The ghost guns are the finished product, after the frame has been worked up in a home shop to where it would be classified as a gun. The ghost aspect is that it doesn't have any official existence on any registry anywhere, and no serial number. That's been legal since before the founding of our nation till today. We wouldn't have a John Browning, for example, if it weren't legal for folks to make their own guns in their own shops absent all sorts of red tape.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

What's being called a ghost gun is just a gun someone made in their shop. An industry has risen up providing frames that are just shy of being classifiable as guns, and folks are finishing them, but those frames aren't ghost guns. The ghost guns are the finished product, after the frame has been worked up in a home shop to where it would be classified as a gun. The ghost aspect is that it doesn't have any official existence on any registry anywhere, and no serial number. That's been legal since before the founding of our nation till today. We wouldn't have a John Browning, for example, if it weren't legal for folks to make their own guns in their own shops absent all sorts of red tape.
I'm all for ghost guns and braces and also the recently deemed "legal" bump fire stocks. Both should be defended with the full weight of legislation and the judicial system. At the same time we need to be pushing back with the ultimate goal of total uninfringement.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7887mm08, arky65, anothergun, Amos63, 35, 5 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,694
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.