B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dale06

I thought 24HRCF might have been “cancelled.”

I thought we got shut down...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One thing that didn't happen, that BS ad in the upper right corner didn't go away!

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry Root crowing about it was down due to a "pending lawsuit" regarding himself and Claiborne was obviously another of his far fetch LIES and a cry for attention! crazy

For the record: We are involved in zero, none, nada, zilch in terms of lawsuits. To be clear, that means as parties, witnesses, deponents, amicus freaking curiae - NOTHING! That is an unequivocal statement with no room for back-pedaling.

Whoever spread that load of horsesh!t that we were/are involved in ANY lawsuit is a damned liar.

So, what you're saying is that the shutdown was the result of Miss Lynn's lawsuit?

That’s what I’m thinking... and fireballs must of had a hand in this somehow

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

I don't believe they told you the truth here.

First, generators are "outside", so any fire suppression system to extinguish a generator fire would go off "outside", not indoors where the servers are.

Next, fire suppression would be a Halon system for a generator, being fuel is involved, not a water sourced sprinkler system.

There are lots of "indoor" generator installations with exhaust vented to outdoors. Most likely would be a separate room from servers, but fire alarms in simple sprinkler system can set off deluge in entire building.

Whoever would design a fire system to go off in a room, where there is no fire to where it would ruin equipment unnecessarily is an idiot. Last time I looked, "zoning" has been used in all sorts of different parameters when it comes to circuitry, for, "decades".

Halon hasn't been manufactured since 1994. Supply is limited and decreasing - so expensive. Nobody specs new halon systems unless its a ridiculously sensitive area and they want to spend big bucks. Typical commercial server farms ain't gonna pony up the money. There are other "clean chemical" halon alternatives, but even when an area has a chemical system there is usually a backup water system since chemical systems have limited capacity and stop working when chemicals run out!!

Yeah, Montreal protocol, and there are alternatives.

Speaking of chemicals running out, you mean like a commercial kitchen hood fire suppression system, that doesn't have "water backup"?????????

A chemical fire suppression system is designed to have a tank with a large enough capacity to put the actual fire out, without backup, otherwise they wouldn't have different size tanks, now, would they?????

Where did I say the genset was "outdoors"?

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by kingston

...not one single person on this site has ever pointedly quoted a post of mine, and specifically pointed out where I was wrong.

That's not true.

LMBWAO!!

Wholie Schit! Did he just really say that?

He might even be more Narcissistic than Larry Root.

Just like two old ladies yipping, as they sit under the hair drier at the beauty salon to get their blue hair done once a week.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I actually did some work at work for a couple of days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dale06

I thought 24HRCF might have been “cancelled.”

I thought maybe we had been “Parlered”

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

...not one single person on this site has ever pointedly quoted a post of mine, and specifically pointed out where I was wrong.

I can't prove what elkslayer91 said is not true, so I post garbage.

I agree.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You were missed.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry Root crowing about it was down due to a "pending lawsuit" regarding himself and Claiborne was obviously another of his far fetch LIES and a cry for attention! crazy

For the record: We are involved in zero, none, nada, zilch in terms of lawsuits. To be clear, that means as parties, witnesses, deponents, amicus freaking curiae - NOTHING! That is an unequivocal statement with no room for back-pedaling.

Whoever spread that load of horsesh!t that we were/are involved in ANY lawsuit is a damned liar.

Pretty sure it was varmintguy pulling varmintshenanigans.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
AAAALRIGHT!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Rick, I know there was probably expense involved.

If you need help with costs, let me know. I'm sure others would chip in as well.

Yep, me too. Good idea!

Last edited by bobinpa; 04/07/21.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Springcove
Now this fugking retard is an expert in fire suppression systems. We here at the fire are so lucky to have this Cockwomble with us...

Don't be jealous because you lost the I.Q. lottery.

You bet Cockwomble.

LOL, good one Springs. I had to google it but it fits to a "T". Not only that, but right there on Webster's next to the definition, there's a photo of "elkslayer."

And here I was thinking his personality was his best method of birth control. Turns out, his looks are even better!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Now this fugking retard is an expert in fire suppression systems. We here at the fire are so lucky to have this Cockwomble with us...

Don't be jealous because you lost the I.Q. lottery.

You bet Cockwomble.

LOL, good one Springs. I had to google it but it fits to a "T". Not only that, but right there on Webster's next to the definition, there's a photo of "elkslayer."

And here I was thinking his personality was his best method of birth control. Turns out, his looks are even better!

Smokepole quoting his sock puppet.

It doesn't get any better.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Rick, I know there was probably expense involved.

If you need help with costs, let me know. I'm sure others would chip in as well.

Yep, me too. Good idea!

I think Rick should consider charging people for use of the 'Free Classifieds'. That and just call them 'Classifieds'.

Sniper's hide just announced that a paid membership is now required to use their PX.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was punishment for too many campfire heathens skipping church on Easter

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What if...the "fire" was not an accident and was supposed to occur on March 31 of this year? Flave's April Fool's joke would have been epic had the timing worked out.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I don't believe they told you the truth here.

First, generators are "outside", so any fire suppression system to extinguish a generator fire would go off "outside", not indoors where the servers are.

Next, fire suppression would be a Halon system for a generator, being fuel is involved, not a water sourced sprinkler system.

There are lots of "indoor" generator installations with exhaust vented to outdoors. Most likely would be a separate room from servers, but fire alarms in simple sprinkler system can set off deluge in entire building.

Whoever would design a fire system to go off in a room, where there is no fire to where it would ruin equipment unnecessarily is an idiot. Last time I looked, "zoning" has been used in all sorts of different parameters when it comes to circuitry, for, "decades".

Halon hasn't been manufactured since 1994. Supply is limited and decreasing - so expensive. Nobody specs new halon systems unless its a ridiculously sensitive area and they want to spend big bucks. Typical commercial server farms ain't gonna pony up the money. There are other "clean chemical" halon alternatives, but even when an area has a chemical system there is usually a backup water system since chemical systems have limited capacity and stop working when chemicals run out!!

Yeah, Montreal protocol, and there are alternatives.

Speaking of chemicals running out, you mean like a commercial kitchen hood fire suppression system, that doesn't have "water backup"?????????

A chemical fire suppression system is designed to have a tank with a large enough capacity to put the actual fire out, without backup, otherwise they wouldn't have different size tanks, now, would they?????

Where did I say the genset was "outdoors"?

What the hell - I'm a little bored:
When you wrote "...not indoors..." what did you think that means?
Commercial kitchen hood has chem system - entire kitchen has water sprinkler system - so yes skippy, there is a water backup system.

And in typical Campfire procedures we have successfully dragged this off topic!

Last edited by MikeL2; 04/07/21.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm just glad to see that the 'Fire is back up and running! Would be happy to renew fees or even contribute to the cause of keeping this site going.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Smokepole quoting his sock puppet.

It doesn't get any better.

Sure it does, cockwomble. How about this quote from Docrocket, you seem to have left out most of what he said in your sig line:

Originally Posted by DocRocket
I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior.......

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

The ego of this individual is truly grandiose. I note that s/he accused you (or maybe me, or someone else, I can't remember as I was just skimming) of gaslighting, which is of course a classic accusation of the person who is in fact actively gaslighting others. S/he thinks we are too stupid to see that s/he is doing it himself/herself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,133
Posts18,483,919
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.