Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Portland Police Bureau will receive none of the $6 million in funding. $4.1 million will go towards community groups in the neighborhoods that have been most affected by gun violence.

In other words...gangs.

Lol, that should work out swell!

It won't even go to the gang members. It'll all be grifted, scammed off by a couple of each gangs' leaders. That's the way these ridiculous pork barrel schemes always go. Just think of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the two communist "leaders" who formed BLM. Millions and millions of $$$$$ into their pockets. The do-right-daddies and mommas can signal how virtuous they are, all the while being ripped off completely.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
20 years back most of city was decent, 82nd was whores and drugs, Burnside was bums, the Alibina district was blacks killing blacks, but you knew what area to steer clear of. You could go downtown for dinner and drinks and it was clean and safe. Now no one but animals and retards live there because the whole city is a chithole. And trust me I know what a third world chithole looks like and most are better than Portland.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Portland has always had it’s weirdos for sure...The 80’s it wasn’t a shîthole. Crack cocaine was just starting to jump-off in the hood. Crips and Bloods, and a few fringe gangs, would shoot each other up regularly for doing dirt on each other. These issues stayed mostly in the hood.

90’s the spotted owl controversy began and timber/logging took some huge hits that had negative economical repercussions that hurt working families in smaller communities.

Our modern day Antifa was on the scene pushing animal rights of an owl. EarthFirst type activists were causing problems for industries and being a major PITA for everyone who worked near a tree.

Life was good, if you weren’t hooked on crack, lived in the hood or provided for your family by way of timber.

Definitely not a bad place in the 80’s.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Mag if you think Potland was messed up back then you should have seen Houston Tx. circa 1982

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Steve
I have to drive into Portland three days a week for work. It's f'ing pathetic what the place has become.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Worse now than ever before..

I agree. We have a mayor and city council that do not support the police, mollycoddle violent mob acts and go out of their way to harrass conservatives. At the same time the DA doesn't prosecute the anarchists.

Our police are hamstrung and underfunded. They are leaving in droves. Our neighboring law enforcement groups will no longer help us in time of need.

How they arrive at decisions like this latest one with funding park rangers and "neighborhood associations" escapes me. We don't work toward resolution or even isolation we just move it around. By condoning it and legalizing drugs we are attracting people from other communities too.

Adequately funding and supporting the police is not occurring. We have gone through police chiefs at an incredible rate, have numerous officers leaving and seem unable to fill vacancies with qualified people. We have lost huge amounts of institutional knowlege and won't be able to get it back easily.

A short time ago, they got rid of the gang task force. I can't help but assume part of the reason there is more violence is the absence of the communication and familiarity that resulted from the efforts of the gang task force.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Police response to the rangers will be (justifiably) slow.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was there in 1979 and it was a schithole then. Burnside Ave, what a schithole. My girlfriend (wife for the past 41 years) was a log burling champ and was asked to try out for a mountain dew commercial. The studio was on Burnside, I couldn't believe the schit going on there. Got the hell out of there as quickly as possible. That city sucks now and has since the 70s.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by Sprint11
So they want to send unarmed park rangers to deal with armed criminals? Brilliant.

Wonder what happens when one of them gets shot or killed?

They be dead

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
I have to drive into Portland three days a week for work. It's f'ing pathetic what the place has become.

do the world a favor and shoot one of those lowlife [bleep] everyday that you go

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by Sprint11
So they want to send unarmed park rangers to deal with armed criminals? Brilliant.

Wonder what happens when one of them gets shot or killed?

Seems obvious. More commonsense gun laws will be in order.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Portland Police Bureau will receive none of the $6 million in funding. $4.1 million will go towards community groups in the neighborhoods that have been most affected by gun violence.

In other words...gangs.

Lol, that should work out swell!

Lol more, they'll probably use the money to buy more ammo and to upgrade their firearms!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I worked in downtown Portland from the early 80s to 2009. Most of that time it was great being downtown. Clean, safe and no problems for the most part until after 2000 when things slowly began to deteriorate. However, the current downtown is nothing like it was in those days. It's a disgusting mess. Portland has been run by lefty Democrats for decades and their bad policies have finally taken their toll. The Portland City Council is totally dysfunctional and the policies they adopt amount to nothing more than virtue signaling. It's sad, but this is what happens when the Left gets total control of an area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Live in the conservative side of Oregon (SE), and except for a couple runs to Portland's airport have not been in that city for 20+ years. Now I have absolutely no desire to go there and would be packing if I did.

All the turf east of the Cascades though, is wonderful country with great people.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/09/21.

1Minute
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
You are correct about Eastern OR

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 1minute
Live in the conservative side of Oregon (SE), and except for a couple runs to Portland's airport have not been in that city for 20+ years. Now I have absolutely no desire to go there and would be packing if I did.

All the turf east of the Cascades though, is wonderful country with great people.
That's true...but you're outvoted.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
In the 80's Portland was a great little town. Fabulous food and great music. Last ten years has ruined the great little town on the river.

Groids and drugs.

Funny in 1986 Portland sucked bad. I couldn't get a bank to cash a Bank of America cashiers check, had to take it to one of the check cashing places who held it until it cleared. I was forced to camp down by the river for two days and during that time I had to confront some leftard jackass walking down the row of parked cars smashing windshields before he got to mine. I captured him and called the cops who took us both in. At 4am they let me go. Screw Portland then and now.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
In the 80's Portland was a great little town. Fabulous food and great music. Last ten years has ruined the great little town on the river.

Groids and drugs.

Funny in 1986 Portland sucked bad. I couldn't get a bank to cash a Bank of America cashiers check, had to take it to one of the check cashing places who held it until it cleared. I was forced to camp down by the river for two days and during that time I had to confront some leftard jackass walking down the row of parked cars smashing windshields before he got to mine. I captured him and called the cops who took us both in. At 4am they let me go. Screw Portland then and now.

LMFAO !!!

Fuggin hilarious !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 66 invisible), 2,821 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,728
Posts18,475,912
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.