Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A while back I was asked what the temperature of Mars was. I didn't know so I did some reading. As we can expect it's too cold for us to live comfortably. So in that same article it was suggested that global warming will someday be caused in an effort to raise the temperature. All of these people are psychopaths and need to not have any say in anything.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Gates is one of the biggest megalomaniac narcissist of all time. A legend in his own mind.

It's what happens when a person has so much money that their entire life is spent getting their ass constantly kissed by every person they interact with (see Michael Jackson).

"Rosebud"

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ahhhhh....
Someone tell Bill...
The sun interacts with the earths radiation/ magnetic belts and protects the planet from schit like gamma rays and crap like that IIRC.

Last edited by renegade50; 04/09/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody tell Gates that the sun is already at a low point and still going down.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Gates is the new Soros

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Too bad the pie wasn't a machete. The world has no need for that moron.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
1st) AGW is a scam, IMHO.............. follow the money.

2nd) The Urth MAY be warming over all, but NOONE knows what normal is anyway!!!

3rd) IMHO, until you stop THIS [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] there's not a snowballs chance that anything will change...............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bill Gates has been pouring money into anti gun initiatives in WA state since 1997.

That just about killed gun shows in 2014.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Gates is the new Soros

I think Bill Gates, George Soros and little Mike Bloomberg have all joined up together. They are dividing up the destruction of America. Soros does political engineering. Gates is in charge of climate engineering and little Mike oversees social engineering through taxation and government policy. They are bringing global corporations into the fold as well.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
He's going to keep fu-king around and get himself james earl ray'd.

Trump Won!
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Actually, it might be a pretty good idea (the experiment, I mean, not necessarily the full deployment). Consider:

Item 1: In 1965 (yes, 1965) I read a report from a US government study that recommended that some white floating particles (forget exactly what) be scattered in all the oceans to reflect sunlight. Same basic principle. Gates didn't think it up.

Item 2: We're already doing it, but not in a controlled manner. There is a thing called the "Asian Brown Cloud," discovered about 15 years ago. It consists of a haze layer caused by burning forests and pollution in Asia. It has reduced the global warming effect by a degree or so.

Item 3: Nature is doing it. I had a friend (now deceased) who had a consulting contract to measure the sunlight across all frequencies from Kitt Peak on the day of the Summer solstice every year. The Mt. Pinatubo volcano that erupted in the Philippines cut the sunlight reaching the ground in Kitt Peak Arizona by 10%. Had that continued permanently, it would have caused an ice age, but it dispersed in a couple of years. (Note that the human eye cannot detect a change of less than 50% in ambient light unless it happens very suddenly).

Here's my take on this:

Now it is a fact that global warming is happening. It does not matter if you think it is or not, or whether it is natural. It's happening. Over a time span of 100 years or so, it will have disastrous and expensive consequences for our civilization, including bye bye Florida. Going to 100% renewable fuel might really screw up everyone's standard of living. If we can moderate the temperature increase by controlling sunlight, it might be the cheapest way out. Do the experiment and find out.

And any chicken little who thinks a nuclear winter will necessarily happen is a fool. That depends on how much calcium carbonate causes how much cooling. We should find out.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Actually, it might be a pretty good idea (the experiment, I mean, not necessarily the full deployment). Consider:

Item 1: In 1965 (yes, 1965) I read a report from a US government study that recommended that some white floating particles (forget exactly what) be scattered in all the oceans to reflect sunlight. Same basic principle. Gates didn't think it up.

Item 2: We're already doing it, but not in a controlled manner. There is a thing called the "Asian Brown Cloud," discovered about 15 years ago. It consists of a haze layer caused by burning forests and pollution in Asia. It has reduced the global warming effect by a degree or so.

Item 3: Nature is doing it. I had a friend (now deceased) who had a consulting contract to measure the sunlight across all frequencies from Kitt Peak on the day of the Summer solstice every year. The Mt. Pinatubo volcano that erupted in the Philippines cut the sunlight reaching the ground in Kitt Peak Arizona by 10%. Had that continued permanently, it would have caused an ice age, but it dispersed in a couple of years. (Note that the human eye cannot detect a change of less than 50% in ambient light unless it happens very suddenly).

Here's my take on this:

Now it is a fact that global warming is happening. It does not matter if you think it is or not, or whether it is natural. It's happening. Over a time span of 100 years or so, it will have disastrous and expensive consequences for our civilization, including bye bye Florida. Going to 100% renewable fuel might really screw up everyone's standard of living. If we can moderate the temperature increase by controlling sunlight, it might be the cheapest way out. Do the experiment and find out.

And any chicken little who thinks a nuclear winter will necessarily happen is a fool. That depends on how much calcium carbonate causes how much cooling. We should find out.

Can YOU tell me what is normal??????

It's been hotter and it's been colder. So where are we on the scale/range, and what is normal???

AND, IF it is a 'natural' process.... Can it actually be stopped????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don’t think mr gates is too worried about global warming in the near future. He just bought a $43 million oceanfront mansion. Would you do that if you really believed catastrophic climate change was imminent?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I don’t think mr gates is too worried about global warming in the near future. He just bought a $43 million oceanfront mansion. Would you do that if you really believed catastrophic climate change was imminent?

Same for AlGore and Obama.................

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Riverc
Bill Gates needs to hurry up and die the world would be a better place without him.

Yep!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Here's my take on this:

Don't forget there was an ice age that ended just before the civil war, sometime in the 1850's, the earth has been slowly warming ever since. Did you notice the cold winter and cool spring we are experiencing.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by gunner500
He's going to keep fu-king around and get himself james earl ray'd.

He got any visits to Memphis planned anytime soon??

Just curious??

Founder

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rickt300

Here's my take on this:

Don't forget there was an ice age that ended just before the civil war, sometime in the 1850's, the earth has been slowly warming ever since. Did you notice the cold winter and cool spring we are experiencing.

Historically that was known as the little ice age. A completely different one from the big pléistocène one.

But history making nonetheless!!!

Founder

WS

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Muffin

Can YOU tell me what is normal??????

It's been hotter and it's been colder. So where are we on the scale/range, and what is normal???

AND, IF it is a 'natural' process.... Can it actually be stopped????

There is no "normal." In the past the earth has been hotter and it has been colder. the sea level has been higher and it has been lower. The problem is the rapidity with which it can change.

For instance, if there were far fewer people and we lived by hunting and gathering, and climate change happened very slowly, we would just pick up and slowly migrate elsewhere. But if we have billions of people, huge city infrastructures, and the climate changes rapidly, that's a problem.

Historians think that a long dry spell in central Asia, about 2000 years ago, caused tribes to migrate away from it. Some of those drove the Huns to the West, and they in turn drove the Goths into the Roman Empire. So the Empire fell. Was the Empire "normal" or were the more primitive Gothic kingdoms "normal?"
Depends on if you were a Goth or not.

Can it be stopped? "Stop" is a pretty strong word. It can be controlled within limits, perhaps for thousands of years. Maybe not. do the experiment to find out.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

I don't know his thought process but in 2010 I bought a condo. I looked at how far above high tide level I was. I looked at projections for sea level rise and figured I would be safe at least until 2100 (at which time I will have been dead), though projections that far out are uncertain.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,373
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.