-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
well i just got a scanner and i want to test this stuff out and figured that some of ya'll might find these pics interesting. these are of me and my father this year. unfortunatly my fathers had a problem with his rifle that i couldn't fix while hunting.<P> Any how hope you like these and i hope i do this right.<P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1378280&a=10285112&p=34638088[/img] <P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1378280&a=10285112&p=34638092[/img] <P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1378280&a=10285112&p=34638094[/img] <P> [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1378280&a=10285112&p=34771731[/img] <BR> I realy hope this works.<P> Paul

I can't spell... Deal with it...
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi, Paul. Looks like your UBB was probably OK. Did you convert the photos to JPG? I guess you probably did; I don't think you can get them into photopoint otherwise. WAIT... I see what you did. [Linked Image] After you selected the photo you wanted, you used the url at the top of the screen. You can't do that. [Linked Image] You do not want the url at the top of the page, for that includes all the photopoint junk on the left side of the screen. So put your cursor on the photo and right-click. This gets you a menu, chose "properties". Put cursor on address line and right-click. Then left-click on "select all". Put your cursor back on the address, which should now be highlighted, and right-click. Select "copy'. Now click OK at the bottom to get rid of that frame. Go to wherever you want to put the photo in your post, and paste it where you want it, using the UBB procedure. Good luck. [Linked Image] <BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice caribou, Paul. Something I never went after. Congratulations! [Linked Image]<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, i know they're not huge but they are my first bulls and you've got to start somewere. maybe i'll do better in a couple years when i can go again. [Linked Image]<P> Paul

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
The most fun is trying to pick out the double shovel from the trotting herd. By the time you've located it, the darned 'bou has passed, and you have to chase him.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was having a hard time finding bulls! My father, on the other hand, saw all the trophies. the only problem was his rear scope ring was loose and it took until the 2nd to last day to figure it out. [Linked Image] I would have gone through it prior to going hunting but he asured me that the rifle was just back from having a thorough inspection by the gunsmith who built it and it was given a clean bill of health. Guess that goes to show you that if you want it done right you have to do it yourself! [Linked Image]<P> My father ended up not taking any game on that trip (he wouldn't use my rifle). I finally took the gun myself and shot at a Cow at about 200yrds and missed (didn't know that the rear ring was loose at that time we just thought that my father couldn't hit any thing). the rifle shot about 3 feet high at that range and would shift durring recoil. [Linked Image] Needless to say i was not happy with his gunsmith. Beside not making sure the scope was tight he was almost able to make my father retire from hunting all together [Linked Image] (which didn't set well with me)! Thank god that i figured it out before the hunt was over and before he was able to wound a caribou [Linked Image], now we are planning another trip in 2 years to come back and in 4 years we are going to Africa [Linked Image], don't know exactly when or where but the money is already being set aside for it. [img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubb/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<P>Paul<P> I wouldn't trade this experiance for anything.

B
B
Hi paul,I'm just a new be here but I Just wondered where you hunted your BOU at ?

I like them with Long Sharp Spurs....[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We hunted the Mulchatna herd. We ended up about 40 miles northeast of Dillingham. Saw a lot of caribou, I didn't see any bears but I did see plenty of sign.<P> We flew out with talon air service out of Soldotna AK. I would recommend them to any one. It is very affordable to hunt caribou in Alaska, the trophy hunt we went on cost 1250.00 ea. and we were allowed to carry 100Lb of gear and were also allowed to take our bag limit of caribou, in the area we were in a nonres. is allowed 2 and a res. 5.<P> If you want any specifics I can get you web sites and I could even scan a brochure or to for you if you would like. might take a month or two they are closed for the season and wont open back up till the middle of February or the beginning of March. But I can see what I can do. <P><BR> have a good day! <BR> Paul

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Paul, nice bou. I fly with Talon to. A real good company. This year I went with Iliamna air guides. I got a couple in the freezer, just no big bulls. <BR>Ili was nice but I'm gonna stick with talon.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joel S,<P> Thanks! I realy like talon both shelly and allen are great people. I was hoping for a good one this year but i guess that i haven't paid my dues yet. Still i'll setle with the 3 i got ANY time.<P> Bear hunting is only about 3 months away. I can't leave here without a nice Blackie.<P> Paul

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul please post a website. I'm storing links you guys mention as credible folks for my future references! Thanks, Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mike,<BR>try <A HREF="http://www.alaska.net/~talonair/talhunt1.html" TARGET=_blank>www.alaska.net/~talonair/talhunt1.html</A>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 2500HD, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,119
Posts18,502,341
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.