-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good Dewalt chopsaw draws 15 to 17 amps, depending on which motor you get. The nature of chopsaw use, the 25 amp or so surge time will equal the time it takes to nip through a 2x4.

I'd cut that 15 to 20 minute guesstament in half.
Table saw use will be brutal compared.

GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You will NEVER be able to run even *small* power tools, long enough to reasonably make a dent in off-grid building, with a couple of 12v batteries and a crappy inverter.

But if I were you, I'd wire some 9 volts together.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buy another Predator 2000w inverter generator and the parallel kit to get you the capacity to run your saws. Nothing currently made has enough amp/hours to power your saws without spending a fortune. Gasoline is still the premier energy source.
Those inverter generators are really quiet while idling.
I run my a/c in our travel trailer off two of the Predator 2000’s.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remote start generator

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Buy another Predator 2000w inverter generator and the parallel kit to get you the capacity to run your saws. Nothing currently made has enough amp/hours to power your saws without spending a fortune. Gasoline is still the premier energy source.
Those inverter generators are really quiet while idling.
I run my a/c in our travel trailer off two of the Predator 2000’s.

I designed power supplies for 30 years. I don't want to get involved, but when I read "Build cabins" and "batteries" I cringed.
I can see Stevenson is on the right track.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mirage243
Do you ever do anything with all this sheit you ask about, or is it just internet drivel?

Did Miss Lynn give you some free crabs?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks guys... looks like the HF Predator 3500 inverter generator may be a better solution.

Between batteries, 3500 watt inverter, heavy wire and all else... maybe the project just doesn't make sense vs. a turnkey solution.

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Do you ever do anything with all this sheit you ask about, or is it just internet drivel?

Damn Leonard, for a man who wants Miss Lynn dead as much as the rest of all the members posting against her on here, you seem to have a lot to say about her when your fool head has nothing else worthwhile saying.

Keep talking, keep writing, keep digging your own hole, it is getting deeper, and deeper, as you write.

Benny

The cost of freedom is incalculable.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might try a soft start cap on the saw. The startup us the killer....and the cap solves this.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
... looks like the HF Predator 3500 inverter generator may be a better solution.

You would be much, much better off going this route.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you find a yamaha 2400ishc it will use half the fuel and be quieter in the process....and it'll start a 17am load without even coming off idle.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Benedict

Damn Leonard, for a man who wants Miss Lynn dead as much as the rest of all the members posting against her on here, you seem to have a lot to say about her when your fool head has nothing else worthwhile saying.

Keep talking, keep writing, keep digging your own hole, it is getting deeper, and deeper, as you write.

Benny

Golly gee

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by high_country_
You might try a soft start cap on the saw. The startup us the killer....and the cap solves this.

^^^^^^^^^^
This too.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by high_country_
If you find a yamaha 2400ishc it will use half the fuel and be quieter in the process....and it'll start a 17am load without even coming off idle.

The wisdom of you and others... and the various YouTube videos on the Hondas and HF Predator was very eye opening to how far generators have come from the loud obnoxious monsters I have had in the past.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,479,011
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.