Hop To
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Does Satan speak to people much in the same way as God? If so, how do we know the difference?
Discernment.
Using what as a standard?
Why do you think there has to be a “standard”...? If you lack wisdom and discernment regarding something and you seek it, you can simply ask God for it, and He’ll generously provide it. That’s a promise. Do you not have confidence in that...?
Considering that there are people in so-called Christian churches that believe abortion and divorce are OK, no, at least not enough that they can't easily brush it off. Those people have what we refer to as poorly-formed consciences. One of the hallmarks of poorly-formed consciences is that they rely on how things "feel" rather than God-revealed morality. You see this a lot with people that shack-up, apologize for homosexuality, divorce, abortion, etc. It's a hallmark of Leftism.

The way one properly forms their conscience is through scripture and apostolic tradition. When scripture and tradition are brought together in a community you get the additional benefit of social norms. The laws taught in these inform us in love & morality instead of being an end in and of themselves as the people in the Old Testament often thought.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The way one properly forms their conscience is through scripture and apostolic tradition.
The earliest first century Gentile followers of Jesus didn’t have scripture or apostolic tradition. I disagree with what you said above. Wholeheartedly.
It’s a completely legalistic viewpoint that you present. If you’re comfortable within those confines (legalism) then have at it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Antler playing coy. Go figure.
Why is it such a burr under your saddle for someone to flat-out disagree with you on these matters...? Are you not confident enough in your faith that you can’t tolerate...at all...any divergence from other believers...?
How is anything one hears concerning Christianity tested?
People who choose to be shackled by legalism and clearly don’t think that God can reveal Himself to them separately on a one on one basis today get all their answers from what He told somebody else 2000 years ago.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Antler playing coy. Go figure.
Why is it such a burr under your saddle for someone to flat-out disagree with you on these matters...? Are you not confident enough in your faith that you can’t tolerate...at all...any divergence from other believers...?
How is anything one hears concerning Christianity tested?
People who choose to be shackled by legalism and clearly don’t think that God can reveal Himself to them separately on a one on one basis today get all their answers from what He told somebody else 2000 years ago.

No burr under my saddle, only you playing coy again, and setting up a straw man. Your legalism answer to a question about testing what someone teaches is quite laughable. Its obvious you are the one with a Bible burr.

Again I ask.

If you witnessed to a 30 year old man who had never heard the Gospel, how would you instruct him to test what you taught and how to grow in his knowledge and faith?

Lets suppose you gave the man fictitious information, out of hate. Lets suppose you told him that the Bible says its good to have multiple wives, and its good for him to stick his penis in another man, and its good to stone to death an adulterer. How is he to know if this is truth?

I know its hard for you to recommend the Bible. Lets hear it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No burr under my saddle, only you playing coy again.
No, you clearly have a burr under your saddle for the very reason that I stated. And, I made it crystal clear I was a boy. You asked how I tested what my grandfather taught ~ and you asked how I knew if he was right or wrong...? Those are ‘not’ things that typically run through the mind of a boy. Your questions seemed purposely brazen and disingenuous.
If you witnessed to a 30 year old man who had never heard the Gospel, how would you instruct him to grow in his knowledge and faith?
First of all, instructing him to grow in knowledge and faith when he had “never heard the Gospel” is gettin’ more than a little bit ahead of yourself. You gonna go ahead and tell him about predestination and legalistic rules and regulations and rituals as well, even though he’d “never heard the Gospel”...? And I wouldn’t take it upon myself to just try and force my beliefs upon him under the guise of ‘witnessing’. ‘If’ he asked me about it, ‘then’ I’d simply tell him the Gospel, and that’d be it.
I know its hard for you to recommend the Bible.
You seem angry; why is that...? Another burr under your saddle because someone flat-out disagrees with you on these matters...? So little confidence in your own faith that you can’t tolerate...at all...any divergence from another believer...?

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LOL. Me angry?

Anyone reading this thread would think just the opposite, that you are the angry one.

And you set up all kind of straw mans again. Too funny.

Your fascination with baiting is sad.

14,000 posts and 10,000 of them are dimensioning the Bible and baiting. Who has the bur?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What does Church attendance decline mean?

https://www.infowars.com/posts/past...ose-unnecessary-covid-lockdown-measures/

I heard that polish Roman Catholic priest interviewed on the same network at lunch. They'll probably post it tomorrow. It was a little more interesting.
He gives a pretty good perspective.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lets suppose you gave the man fictitious information, out of hate. Lets suppose you told him that the Bible says its good to have multiple wives, and its good for him to stick his penis in another man, and its good to stone to death an adulterer. How is he to know if this is truth?
Well, the Bible does say that King David and King Solomon both had multiple wives. And the Bible does say to stone to death adulterers. It’s pretty common knowledge that the Bible ‘does’ say that. He could even further verify that by lookin’ it up himself (he could even do it online). As for your statement, “and its good for him to stick his penis in another man”...I’ll leave that one with you, it’s author.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me angry?
Yes. Clearly bothered.
Who has the burr?
You do. Clearly.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well, the Bible does say that King David and King Solomon both had multiple wives. And the Bible does say to stone to death adulterers. It’s pretty common knowledge that the Bible ‘does’ say that. He could even further verify that by lookin’ it up himself (he could even do it online). As for your statement, “and its good for him to stick his penis in another man”...I’ll leave that one with you, it’s author.

Exactly my point. Easy to take the Bible out of context and not understand without in depth study. I could witness to the man, point him to the scripture in the Bible I'm holding in my hand that says its good to have multiple wives and stone folks to death, and tell him no need to read the Bible, hell don't ever even open it. God will reveal himself if he needs to.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Me angry?
Yes. Clearly bothered.
Who has the burr?
You do. Clearly.

You're a sad man. 10,001 posts degrading the Bible and a top ten baiter at the Fire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly my point. Easy to take the Bible out of context and not understand without in depth study.
Except in the case of multiple wives (which you referenced) and stoning (which you referenced), they are not taken out of context, at all. The Bible clearly states that David and Solomon both had multiple wives, no in depth study required. The Bible clearly states to stone to death adulterers, no in depth study required.
I could witness to the man, point him to the scripture in the Bible I'm holding in my hand, tell him no need to read the Bible, hell don't ever even open it. God will reveal himself if he needs to.
Or you could tell him that the Bible exists ‘because of’ Christianity; and you could tell him that the Bible is ‘not’ the foundation of Christianity. And you could tell him that there were tens of thousands of Christians before there ever was ‘the Bible.’ And you’d be telling him the truth.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Old Covenant vs New Covenant. Hell, did you read what God did to creation back in the days of Moses? He's got quiet the intolerance for sin.

10,002 posts degrading the Bible. I've never seen such a bur. Its deep!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's lots of commands to read the Bible.
There's lots of blessings promised to those who read and obey it.
There's lots of power available to those believers who apply it.
Tomorrow morning I will read John 17 which is the Lord's prayer.
Verse 17 Jesus asks the Father,

"17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

If I want to be set apart from that which keeps me from being close to the Lord, then I need God's Word, which is truth.

Time for bed guys.
I should get up early to read and study that chapter before mowing the lawn.

Good night.

📖

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're a sad man.
Coming from a completely legalistic self-professed ‘Christian’ who evidently doesn’t know what it’s like to have a living vibrant relationship with a living resurrected Savior; who chooses to worship a book and revere rules and regulations and rituals instead of worshipping and revering the Savior Himself. I’m quite certain that if you’d lived 700 years ago and had the ability to burn me at the stake for ‘believing the wrong thing’, you’d do it in a nanosecond.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You're a sad man.
Coming from a completely legalistic self-professed ‘Christian’ who evidently doesn’t know what it’s like to have a living vibrant relationship with a living resurrected Savior; who chooses to worship a book and revere rules and regulations and rituals instead of worshipping and revering the Savior Himself. I’m quite certain that if you’d lived 700 years ago and had the ability to burn me at the stake for ‘believing the wrong thing’, you’d do it in a nanosecond.

And you know that how? Please feel free to quote anything I've said that leads you to believe this. Maybe that's why you don't need a Bible. You're God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never seen such a burr.
Look in the mirror.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
10,003 Bible degrading posts. Keep rocking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're a sad man.
And you know that how?
It’s the way you come across in your completely legalistic posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're God!
laffin’

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 9 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,393
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.