Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
They came back and Ol’ Hickory gave em a second dose of whoop azz.

yeah and they burned washington

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by CCCC
The man had no choice about his lineage and circumstances of birth. He studied and learned, took responsibility, served well in the armed forces of his country during deadly wartime, courted and married a girl he apparently loved very much, and for more than 70 years performed loyally as a husband and in the very public supporting role. Which part should one not like? May the good man rest in peace. I feel sorry for his wife.

Too bad he was a globalist piece of garbage, that probably diddled kids.

Good riddance

cccc i agree with you given the british mostly have been trying to hang my family for a long time.
some disagreement about who owns scotland

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well said CCCC. I sincerely doubt that anything Meghan sparkle ass could do or say would have bothered Prince Phillip one way or another. Now Charles would probably have a stroke though. Call him a globalist if you want your right to say what you want but I'd say for sure we got 100 million plus Democrats we don't need right here in the USA.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/10/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Meh...the English monarchical system created the most free society to ever grace the earth. Sure, there were class distinctions but they were mostly customary. By the 18th and 19th centuries it was possible for men to raise themselves up from poverty to great wealth and influence. But from the Middle Ages forward people of all classes had a degree of freedom we would find unimaginable today. And the aristocracy and the monarchy played a role in that. To be sure, there were many cases of squandered wealth and useless behavior, but they also provided a class of people who had a great interest in seeing the country and the system prosper far beyond the mere accumulation of wealth.

It’s seems that they really went downhill after parliament got full supremacy in 1911. Since then, they really haven’t been different than any other modern system. I’m not sure how so many of you can sniff dismissively at what they were when you contrast them to what we have here today. Our elites treat us like draft horses caring only about the accumulation of wealth and naked power without even the pretense of caring for the long term well being of the country. They routinely avoid prosecution and shake off scandals that would have forced a 19th century British Aristocrat to leave the country in disgrace.

Like I said, those people aren’t and weren’t perfect, but it sure looks like they were better than what we have now. As Anton Sugar said in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, “ If the rule you followed brought you to this, what use was the rule?” Seems like we should be asking ourselves that question more today than championing our superiority in everything.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

Think we could get them to pull that trick again?

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The man had no choice about his lineage and circumstances of birth. He studied and learned, took responsibility, served well in the armed forces of his country during deadly wartime, courted and married a girl he apparently loved very much, and for more than 70 years performed loyally as a husband and in the very public supporting role. Which part should one not like? May the good man rest in peace. I feel sorry for his wife.

I'm supposed to respect this man because he married someone for a lucrative income?

- He had plenty of other choices. He just took the easy one.
- Studied and learned? So what? Why does that merit anyone's respect for living off the public dole?
- Took responsibility? For what?
- Served in the Armed Forces? All Royals do that. Only a few actually place themselves at risk. He never did. His role was symbolic.
- Married a girl he loved? One who just happened to come with a life of luxury and a huge income for very little effort.
- Performed for 70 years as a husband and public figure? I agree that it was a performance, and he was an actor, who was paid "royally" for his role.

Like all Royals, he accomplished nothing more than to be part of an anachronism that served as a tradition and a tourist attraction. It did bring in a lot of money for England though, so he earned his acting stipend I suppose.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Doesn’t anyone know a damn thing about the War of 1812????? Of course they burned Washington BEFORE the battle At Chalmette.

And PLEEEESE do not hit me with that Treaty of Ghent stuff had already been signed allegedly ending the war. Packingham and Jackson both knew nothing of the treaty signing. AND The Senate hadn’t even ratified the treaty, let alone knew it had been signed either!

So if the Brits had been successful at Chalmette think they would have surrendered their gain to the Americans?? Hell no!!!! And I guarantee the senate would not have ratified the treaty had they not!!

Which means only one thing. And that is the brits would have probably burned Washington a second time.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by saddlegun

I'm supposed to respect this man because he married someone for a lucrative income?

- Studied and learned? So what? Why does that merit anyone's respect for living off the public dole?
- Served in the Armed Forces? All Royals do that. Only a few actually place themselves at risk. He never did. His role was symbolic.
- Married a girl he loved? One who just happened to come with a life of luxury and a huge income for very little effort.
- Performed for 70 years as a husband and public figure? I agree that it was a performance, and he was an actor, who was paid "royally" for his role.

Like all Royals, he accomplished nothing more than to be part of an anachronism that served as a tradition and a tourist attraction. It did bring in a lot of money for England though, so he earned his acting stipend I suppose.

You don’t much about him. His grandfather was First Lord of the Admiralty. The British Navy was a family tradition. He served in the British Navy well before his relationship with Elizabeth and in combat in the Mediterranean and the Pacific. He was mentioned in dispatches for personal bravery and he is generally regarded as saving his ship in the invasion of Sicily.

Whatever else he was or wasn’t, he was generally a man’s man.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Something we're all thinking about right now, I would suggest. Maybe burning down Washington DC every few years would be a good thing.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
How many of our politicians have served in the US military?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Inbred goober like the rest of the royal family. What do they do?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How long til Covid gets the blame?

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Saddlegun,

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

However, there is almost nothing correct in your post, so you are not really basing your opinion on facts.

Cheers,
John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How many here do you think really give a rat's butt who or what you respect?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
He served his country in the military, more than most of our politicians do.

Rest in piece.

One of the Greatest Generation. RIP. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Which means only one thing. And that is the brits would have probably burned Washington a second time.

Do you think we could talk them into burning it again...........like maybe next week.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Do you think we could talk them into burning it again...........like maybe next week.

Well I’m all for it. 😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Philip liked to hunt, or shoot as they call it. I read that the queen raised and trained labrador retrievers. She didn't hunt so they'd go out together. She'd work the dogs and he'd do the shooting. When a dog returned a cripple, she'd personally wring it's neck with her queenly hands. I wonder if Kate or Meghan would do that.

Kate appears very much to be into it as the queen was. At least one of the boys married well.

https://www.thehuntingnews.com/anti-hunters-blast-kate-middleton-after-pheasant-hunt/

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yeah it seems harry is a bit of a rotter and rake like his dad and mom while william and Kate tow the line and carry the royal load on their backs. But harry isn't the first young man who let his little head do his thinking for him and then let's the woman lead him around by the end of his dick. To bad at that. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How many of our politicians have served in the US military?

Certainly not the former President.

Last edited by saddlegun; 04/10/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.