Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about a picture....

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
JB weld is [bleep]!, worst epoxy ever!, Get it welded if you can. If you insist on epoxy try one of the devcon products or, if you can find it, something called splash zone! It is an industrial grade epoxy used by the gas and oil industry to repair under water pipe lines. I use it to install stainless tubes in my pontiac cylinder head ports when i cut for max flow! It is exposed to air/fuel under vacuum on one side and hot engine oil on the other! So far no leaks! I also pre heat the parts and the epoxy as as soon as it's mixed to make it thin and flow into tight areas better! This works with devcon also. [use an electric heat gun] Yes welding is cheaper and easier! Good Luck!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Why don't I just learn to TIG weld! blush That is my underlying problem. I might have to farm it out.

Mig it, wire brush it, and then tig it.

Now that is just pure retarded. Smh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
GFY

Is that epoxy, or a polymer product??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Why don't I just learn to TIG weld! blush That is my underlying problem. I might have to farm it out.

Mig it, wire brush it, and then tig it.

Now that is just pure retarded. Smh

Works excellent till you get the hang of fingering the tig rod. As a matter of fact there's a name for it, fuse welding.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just get aluminum solder. It is used in industry to solder on A/C adapters by the millions.
Aluminum Solder

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
JB weld is [bleep]!, worst epoxy ever!, Get it welded if you can. If you insist on epoxy try one of the devcon products or, if you can find it, something called splash zone! It is an industrial grade epoxy used by the gas and oil industry to repair under water pipe lines. I use it to install stainless tubes in my pontiac cylinder head ports when i cut for max flow! It is exposed to air/fuel under vacuum on one side and hot engine oil on the other! So far no leaks! I also pre heat the parts and the epoxy as as soon as it's mixed to make it thin and flow into tight areas better! This works with devcon also. [use an electric heat gun] Yes welding is cheaper and easier! Good Luck!

I've used JB weld to repair holes in feul tanks with excellent results. I repair a rather large hole in the bottom of my diesel tank on my tractor 5 or 6 years ago with no problems since

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I could sweat it like copper. Does that work on Aluminum??

Yeah, but you gotta heat the fittings thoroughly, not just the solder.

Or try these.....

https://www.amazon.com/ALUMALOY-Pound-Aluminum-Welding-Alumaloy/dp/B01MQX8QJY
Does that Alumaloy work as well as the ads say it does? I could find some uses for it if it does.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Acraglas. Liquid, not the gel. GD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.