Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Great State of Maryland has spoken. Let's see how many cops GTFO of Baltimore.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/mkt_bre...peal-police-bill-of-rights_3770833.html?

Maryland’s Democrat-controlled General Assembly on Saturday voted to override Republican Gov. Larry Hogan’s vetoes on three major police reform measures, which included the repeal of the state’s police bill of rights.

Maryland was the first state in the nation to adopt the Law Enforcement Officers Bill of Rights in 1974. Twenty states have followed suit since, but Maryland is the first to revoke its measure. The bill of rights had set forth a due process procedure for probing police misconduct.

Supporters of Maryland’s reforms say they are needed to increase accountability and restore public trust. One of the measures repeals job protections in the police disciplinary process, which critics said impeded accountability. A newly enacted measure gives civilians a role in the disciplinary process.

Maryland’s General Assembly began work on the legislation enacted on Saturday in response to the police-custody death of George Floyd last year.

Democrats said the measures are long overdue while Republicans argued they went too far.

The new laws increase the civil liability limit on lawsuits involving police from $400,000 to $890,000. Officers convicted of causing serious injury or death through excessive force would face 10 years in prison.

Experience the best way to read The Epoch Times online. Try our free app for a limited time.

Sen. Robert Cassilly (R) described the new laws as “anti-cop.”

MOST READ
Maryland Becomes First State to Repeal Police Bill of Rights
4th US Site Pauses COVID-19 Vaccinations After Adverse Reactions
“It allows for hindsight review of folks sitting in the easy chairs to judge people who made split-second decisions in volatile situations,” when an officer fears for his or her life and the lives of others, Cassilly said.

The news laws make it more difficult to obtain a no-knock warrant and limit the times they can be executed to 8 a.m. and 7 p.m., except for emergencies. One of the measures expands public access to records in police disciplinary cases.

In his veto message, Hogan wrote that he believed the measures would “further erode police morale, community relationships, and public confidence.”

RELATED
Maryland Becomes 1st State to Tax Big Tech's Ad Revenue
Maryland Becomes 1st State to Tax Big Tech's Ad Revenue
“They will result in great damage to police recruitment and retention, posing significant risks to public safety throughout our state,” Hogan wrote.

The measure is named after Anton Black, a 19-year-old African American who died in police custody in 2018 in a rural town on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.

Maryland has struggled with police accountability problems in recent years. Baltimore’s police department entered into a federal consent decree after Freddie Gray suffered a broken neck in police custody and died, sparking unrest in the city in 2015. Lawmakers approved some police reforms the following year, but critics have said they were not enough.

Hogan wrote that two measures would go into effect without his signature.

One of them would create a unit in the attorney general’s office to investigate police-involved deaths and prohibit law enforcement from buying surplus military equipment. The other would enable Baltimore voters to decide whether the state’s largest city should take full control of the police department from the state.

Separately on Saturday, the legislature also overrode Hogan’s veto of a bill that will ban sentences of life in prison without the possibility of parole for juveniles.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow Ivan on Twitter: @ivanpentchoukov
Follow Ivan on Parler: @IvanPentchoukov

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB4

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

If I was a cop in Maryland or any other blue state, I would leave tomorrow for a new life in a red state. Let those azzholes kill each other, then come back in after the dust clears and Darwin takes his cut. They want anarchy? Let them have a good taste of it.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Cool.

Never heard of such a thing. No knock warrants should be difficult to obtain. And lastly, isn't Maryland a sheithole anyway?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/11/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

If I was a cop in Maryland or any other blue state, I would leave tomorrow for a new life in a red state. Let those azzholes kill each other, then come back in after the dust clears and Darwin takes his cut. They want anarchy? Let them have a good taste of it.

This. Writing was already on the wall....how much more do you need?

Yup.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quite a formula there in MD. For years and years ignore the growing crappiness of your society and the degradation of some of your communities, feed the growing cancer with more and more of your idiotic ideology, and then create ways to down grade and chastise the very ones who try to protect your sheep from your wolves. Follow the science, eh?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Two things I’d keep my kids away from now, police and military. Have to find another career path...

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I live 10 miles south of the peoples republic of Maryland in Virginia. Here I'm a law abiding CCW citizen. Stray over the border and I'm an instant felon.
I very rarely go or spend a dime there and will drive 3x the distance not to. F'em.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as cops keep up this stuff, piss on them. I’ve had a gun drawn on me from traffic stops in different states and overseas six times in 20 years of military service WHILE IN UNIFORM AND I’m white !

Luckily in one country the cops became enemies of the United States and I got to call a C-130 gunship in on a precinct killing over 200 of them with 105mm flechettes. Thats payback there Jack !

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/10/black-lieutenant-held-at-gunpoint-pepper-sprayed-traffic-stop/

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/11/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
As long as cops keep up this stuff, piss on them. I’ve had a gun drawn on me from traffic stops in different states and overseas six times in 20 years of military service WHILE IN UNIFORM AND I’m white !

Luckily in one country the cops became enemies of the United States and I got to call a C-130 gunship in on a precinct killing over 200 of them with 105mm flechettes.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/10/black-lieutenant-held-at-gunpoint-pepper-sprayed-traffic-stop/

Ooh I was waiting for this to pop up.....

So what are you waiting for now billy badarse? Go show tha man who's boss......oh....ooops you'd have to do something. Nevermind.

So tell us, why in the world were those cops calling that poor military man out of his vehicle at gun point?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My best friend growing up has been an officer in the Baltimore area since he got out of the MPs after a couple tours. He is moving up here after taking early retirement due to this insanity.

He feels like a bullseye is on his back every time he works and doesn’t really think it can be much better in other localities so he is getting out of LE altogether.

You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job. I’m sure many of his cohorts are doing the same thing.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry bud, but the badasses send me Christmas cards.

I am a (g)od of war

Many cops are just buttwipes

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I am an avid supporter of our police departments.

I am just as avidly against militarization of police depts. I really hate the idea of police depts outfitting with tanks, ACPs, MRAPs, or howitzers.

If such is needed, it is time to call out the Nat Guard.

Maryland originally enacted these laws as a knee jerk reaction to the things happening in the 60s and 70s. It is likely time to repeal them fifty years later.

Not all of what has happened in this report is necessarily bad.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sorry bud, but the badasses send me Christmas cards.

I am a (g)od of war

Many cops are just [bleep].

Very true.

Many people are just retards.

Last time I checked, cops are people.

The video you posted stars 3 retards. One in the military (gasp) and two police officers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
My best friend growing up has been an officer in the Baltimore area since he got out of the MPs after a couple tours. He is moving up here after taking early retirement due to this insanity.

He feels like a bullseye is on his back every time he works and doesn’t really think it can be much better in other localities so he is getting out of LE altogether.

You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job. I’m sure many of his cohorts are doing the same thing.

This is why 20 million Americans are buying guns. When the cops no longer patrol the streets pure chaos will follow. Yes, some officers don't seem to use their heads or some LT is telling the shift "you aren't making enough traffic stops, get out there I want to see tickets" Or the LT's are not monitoring his guys to make sure they are using good judgement.

I bailed when I had my 30. I saw no reason to stick around any longer.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cop Bill of Rights?
What sort of BS is that?
Seems like the voting ID bill in Georga, long overdue

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

I'd have to be pretty desperate to remain an LEO in Maryland right now, and many other blue States, for that matter.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Many people are just retards.

Last time I checked, cops are people.

The video you posted stars 3 retards. One in the military (gasp) and two police officers.

Amen; good cops deserve respect while bad ones deserve the same consequences non-LE suffer when convicted of perpetuating crimes.

Sad thing about this stuff is it means good cops will leave and those who can’t get jobs elsewhere will stay, driving standards lower yet and increasing bad public perceptions.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by efw

Sad thing about this stuff is it means good cops will leave and those who can’t get jobs elsewhere will stay, driving standards lower yet and increasing bad public perceptions.

That's the goal of BLM, democrats, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats the goal of dumb sociopath cops.

The problem is when cops treat everyone as a felon and felons treat every cop as a bad cop

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thats the goal of dumb sociopath cops

Deep. Tell us more....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 42 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,992
Posts18,481,109
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.