Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I had seen First Stop Gun Shop located in Rapid City SD advertised for years on Guns America and Guns International auction sites. Tons of customs and other high end rifles. Years ago I was driving from Saskatchewan to Texas. On the way down I was going through SD so I decided to go out of my way a bit and to visit their shop. It was a great shop but most of the rifles were all new ones. Years later I was told they kept all of the real nice once down in the basement of their store.

Has anyone ever been down in their basement??

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I live in Rapid City and go there quite a bit .... never knew they had a basement....

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Only a rumor that I have heard to be true on a number of gun/ hunting sites smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been to Jack First, but not this one. How close to the interstate is it? Do ya know if it has 18 wheeler parking close? I usually run thru Rapid 5-8 times a summer.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Maybe they don’t let the unwashed masses down there. You guys need to clean up and look important. Act like you got money. And then maybe....

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, they have a basement. I’ve been in it 5-6 times. That is the area where Mark keeps the stuff he sells on line.

Last edited by JimR; 04/12/21.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JimR
Yes, they have a basement. I’ve been in it 5-6 times. That is the area where Mark keeps the stuff he sells on line.

Bingo! It does exist..

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes it does exist and there is really some nice stuff in it. The last time I was in it about 7 - 8 years ago they had a rack full of Dakotas and shelves full of Coopers, I am sure that there was a lot of other good stuff but those were the ones I was there to specifically look at.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
I've been to Jack First, but not this one. How close to the interstate is it? Do ya know if it has 18 wheeler parking close? I usually run thru Rapid 5-8 times a summer.

It's in downtown Rapid and there's damn near no parking for anything, much less a big rig. I've been in the basement a couple of times and they do indeed have some goodies down there.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have been there and enjoy the shop but did not know about the basement.
If I ever get back out that way, I will see if they will let me take a look

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You'd find parking for an 18 wheeler a block or so to the north, but nothing right close. Stay on Omaha and then walk to the store would be my advice.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I had seen First Stop Gun Shop located in Rapid City SD advertised for years on Guns America and Guns International auction sites. Tons of customs and other high end rifles. Years ago I was driving from Saskatchewan to Texas. On the way down I was going through SD so I decided to go out of my way a bit and to visit their shop. It was a great shop but most of the rifles were all new ones. Years later I was told they kept all of the real nice once down in the basement of their store.

Has anyone ever been down in their basement??

I lived in the Hills for over 20 years and I didn't know that they had a stash in the basement. I also see stuff on-line. The last time I was in Rapid City - a few months ago, I looked at the racks and was disappointed that I didn't see the guns they had advertised on-line. I wish I had known and asked.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Maybe they don’t let the unwashed masses down there. You guys need to clean up and look important. Act like you got money. And then maybe....

DF

Next time I'll be sure to have taken a shower - at least within the last week or so!

They do sell to those of us that may not meet their cleanliness standards. I've bought a few rifles, primers, bullets, brass etc there.

Last edited by Bugger; 04/13/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Next time I'll be sure to have taken a shower - at least within the last week or so!

They do sell to those of us that may not meet their cleanliness standards. I've bought a few rifles, primers, bullets, brass etc there.

Remember the old English TV series "Upstairs, Downstairs". Sorta gives more meaning to that concept.

Except there, the help stayed downstairs, the blue bloods, upstairs. Sorta opposite concept with the First Stop set up.

DF

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Too much bs on this thread. I live outside of RC and have known Mark and Mike over 40 years. I have been in the basement many times, If a gun is advertised online you will never see it upstairs. Downstairs has the receiving and shipping areas, powder vault, box storage and inventory shelves, racks for layaway and guns being held. Yup it has Mark's " office" a photographing station and computers for his online gun business. There is no public traffic or display areas in the basement . If you are there it is by invite only. Pay att'n here the covid panic has been rough on their ability to keep a full stock of firearms and ammunition the same as any other gunshop in the country. Mike has done an extraordinary job of chasing ammo and firearm inventory down and procuring it for store inventory. They try their damndest to serve their customers and have not laid off even 1 of their help. They are valued friends and a credit to the title of "gunshop". MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/14/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been to the store, not the basement. Have bought guns on line from them.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Been in the basement one time years ago.

A lot of Dakotas there at the time. Don't suppose there many there these days after Dakota shut down.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mark was Dakota's largest dealer comes from knowing Don Allen the Dakota founder .mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by surefire7
Been in the basement one time years ago.

A lot of Dakotas there at the time. Don't suppose there many there these days after Dakota shut down.

Bet he could find you one... wink

DF

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'll ask for you what is your interest cartridge wise?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 2500HD, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,666 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,677
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.