Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
C
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Market timing is for fools.

Some people may be able to do it, but when I tried in 1982-1994, all I did was loose money.
I bought Cisco and Microsoft and all the things that would have made me rich, but I sold at a loss at the first down turn.

I lost so much money, that if someone could figure out what I did, and do the opposite, they would get rich.

Then I switched from being a technical market timer, to a fundamentalist long term investor.

What is the long term annual compounded return on:
Gold 3%
Guns 3%
Guitars 3%
Real estate 6%
Real estate [with 20% down payment] = 30%
Stocks 9%
Google over 27 years = 12%
Amazon over 24 years = 35%
Microsoft over 35 years = 25%
Apple over 40 years = 19%
paccar over 41 years = 11%
purchasing power of US dollar over 50 years = -3.7%

Last edited by CashGap; 04/15/21.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by centershot
Stocks at an all time high, real estate at ridiculous levels, squat for interest at the bank...........Market has a feel that a pull back in coming soon. Begs the question, where to put a couple grand?

If you're asking for short term safety that's one thing, if you're asking for short term growth that's another. When do you want your money back?

100%

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
For me, crypto

Which and how ?

About 50% divided between Eth and Btc, the rest in mostly big cap alt coins and some small cap hopefuls.

ETH has done well for me as has DOGE.

Real Estate in the right locale and at the right price! Yes there are some bargains to be had still, though harder to find now they do still exist.

Major staples in the Stock Market are still good investments. Watch the daily trends for a few weeks and you'll be able to pick up shares on a downside.

Everyone claims they make money in coins, yet from my investigating mainly only the dealers truly make real profits. Yup I know a whole lot of you are going to jump on here and say otherwise! Good for you, I wish everyone success in any and all investments they make.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I hope you're still holding that Doge! Wish I was, but sold mine back around .10.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I hope you're still holding that Doge! Wish I was, but sold mine back around .10.

I sold to recoup my initial investment, I have my profits riding now.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the short term...I'd invest in material things that may disappear in a nanny state...non-def dependent tractors and equipment, imported magazines like glock 30 round mags and home grown scary ones like ar 20 and 30 rounders, any drum magazine that you like, any non california compliant platform/parts that you like...these are things that could disappear with pen strokes. Like freaking gas cans that have been over-engineered and forced upon the rest of the US because of some save us from ourselves philosophy.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Exactly Beanman!

Amazing how many on here can predict the market among other matters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnHtr

Exactly Beanman!

Amazing how many on here can predict the market among other matters.

I predict ammo, guns, loading components, and loading equipment will become scarce.. and valuable.

"Hard goods".

Lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I have $16,000 waiting since January . So far I have lost a good 5 or 6%. I cant wait forever so I am going to invest in consumer staples.

1)Delmonte
2) gold ( trust)
3) gold miners ETF (gld) I think
4)Renolds ( tin foil)
5) Clorax
6 Proctor & Gamble
7) Campbells soup
8) Kimberly Clark

I also decided to buy a TC Renegade 50 cal. muzzleloader for 300 bucks , just cause , ya never know.

It is kind of my own home made consumer staples ETF... Most of these did not go through the roof last year and the ones that did ( Clorox) are coming down enough that they are in the buy price range and over sold.

Last edited by ihookem; 04/17/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,213 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,222
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.