Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jwp475

In the criminal sense it is also and I'll make a prediction and that is "mistake of fact" will not be used by her lawyer at the trial

So you don't believe the defense will claim that she mistook her Glock for her Taser? You could be right. There is no obligation on the part of the defense to make any defensive claim whatsoever. I think you're wrong, though. At some point it will be part of the defense.

Will not help, her negligence over shadows her mistake

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

"The Model Penal Code recognizes four different levels of mens rea: purpose (same as intent), knowledge, recklessness and negligence."

Notice the word "NEGLIGENCE "

Sure, but it has a different definition when used in the criminal context, such as when it's an element in criminal negligence. It pretty much amounts to recklessness.

"Criminal negligence refers to conduct in which a person ignores a known or obvious risk, or disregards the life and safety of others. Federal and state courts describe this behavior as a form of recklessness, where the person acts significantly different than an ordinary person under similar circumstances."

She ignored the obvious risk of not knowing the difference between a taser and a pistol

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

She ignored the obvious risk of not knowing the difference between a taser and a pistol

Again, if your assertion is that, at the moment she pulled the trigger, she knew the difference between her Glock and her Taser, then what you're arguing is not criminal negligence, but plain old first degree murder.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Again, if your assertion is that, at the moment she pulled the trigger, she knew the difference between her Glock and her Taser, then what you're arguing is not criminal negligence, but plain old first degree murder.

I have consistently argued her negligence, so how do you make this giant leap?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Okay.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Because TRH and PaulBarnard are contrarians.

They don’t actually know anything and they don’t have any real experience with the subjects they argue. They just do it to do it.

That’s why it’s all circular and stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

They don’t actually know anything and they don’t have any real experience with the subjects they argue. They just do it to do it.

Thanks again for the enlightening commentary.

Let me clue you in Sparky. I am not arguing anything here. I am asking for a value judgement from the members by asking if jail is the right response to human fallibility. Is jail the right thing for a motorist rear ends and kills a bicyclist in broad daylight.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Well, how many bicyclists and pedestrians should we let him kill before we send him to jail? In Your opinion.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Let me clue you in Sparky. I am not arguing anything here. I am asking for a value judgement from the members by asking if jail is the right response to human fallibility. Is jail the right thing for a motorist rear ends and kills a bicyclist in broad daylight.

Apparently the legislator thinks so

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Well, how many bicyclists and pedestrians should we let him kill before we send him to jail? In Your opinion.

LOL

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes I think prosecutors should have the ability to charge people that accidentally kill other people.

Is that clear enough for you?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Absent any aggravating factors, I believe revoking a license is the right course of action for a first time offender. As it stands, the norm is that a motorist who is at fault in a crash that kills a cyclist rarely ever suffers any punishment. Most often, not even a ticket.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yes I think prosecutors should have the ability to charge people that accidentally kill other people.

Is that clear enough for you?

Nope. It was another mealy mouth dodge. I didn't ask if anyone thinks the prosecutor should have the ability to charge.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Absent any aggravating factors, I believe revoking a license is the right course of action for a first time offender. As it stands, the norm is that a motorist who is at fault in a crash that kills a cyclist rarely ever suffers any punishment. Most often, not even a ticket.

I've never seen a person with a revoked driver's license not continue to drive. Not much of a deterrent for a homicide

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This thread is so fugking funny.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

if it rids the world of those sillya ssed outfits, give the driver a medal

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
n

Another case in point. A few years ago. my son in law was driving down a residential street, obeying every traffic law.

Am eight or nine year old boy PUSHING a bicycle darted out from between two cars in the middle of the block and crossed in front of the car. My son in law struck the bike as the kid dropped it in front of his car, but managed to miss the kid.

Son in Law paid a ticket AND brought a new bike to court for the judge to inspect before handing it over to the kid.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RickyD

But the cop that couldn't get the cuffs on the kid should be flipping burgers in McDonalds.

I'd be real cautious about passing that judgement.

Unless you've put cuffs on struggling subjects a few dozen times in your life.

Lol half these numbnuts have never been in a fight, much less been in a position requiring them to physically make another grown ass man do something he is hell bent on not doing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another case in point. A few years ago. my son in law was driving down a residential street, obeying every traffic law.

Am eight or nine year old boy PUSHING a bicycle darted out from between two cars in the middle of the block and crossed in front of the car. My son in law struck the bike as the kid dropped it in front of his car, but managed to miss the kid.

Son in Law paid a ticket AND brought a new bike to court for the judge to inspect before handing it over to the kid.

The story is the guy who accidentally ran over John Gotti’s kid that same way was later cut in half with a chain saw.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

If someone is authentically having repeated accidents, and causing injury each time, it would likely be time to take away his license, because he's likely got a neurological issue. But if there's no malice or recklessness that's behind it, there's no criminal fault, just civil liability.

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

337 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.