Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My dad has a 57 chevy 2 door body on a 90 something vette frame with an LT1 engine. Modern ride and handling with a classic look.

Bb

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just order the 6.2L Hemi crate engine from Mopar. 750HP It will make you forget about MPG

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
The 2.3 liter Ecoboost crate engine from Ford Performance and the right transmission and rear gear will likely do it.

Up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Lots of HP per liter Ed, but doubt all kinds gearing & fat racing slicks will get a 3500 pound pig running 13 flat in the quarter. The MPG too?

Add NOs ?

Tell us how.

Be damn cool if it could be done.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My 2019 Mustang GT gets has averaged about 22 for mixed highway/city driving over 9K plus miles. Iy will run low 13s and might get 13 flat with slicks at my elevation (around 1,000 ft). I think the weight is around 3400 and it has a 10 speed auto. I can't see you doing much better than that. Even if gas is $4 and you drive 10K miles a year, the fuel cost difference between 30 and 20 mpg is only about $675 year. Pick your poison. Speed costs money in fuel.

Regards,

Kris

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
I am planning a custom car. The guy is starting with an AMC AMX which weighs about 3,500 pounds.

It will have an automatic transmission. What engine setup is good for thirty miles per gallon at 65MPH and do about 13 flat in the quarter mile?

Probably will not make thirty MPG.

But if I had my heart set on a hot rod AMX, and I understand why you would. I would start with a nice chasis and then shove a Chevy LT5 6.2 liter under the hood. 755 hp with 715 lb ft of torque.

In the 3650 lb Corvette it makes 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

Pick a transmission of your choice. My choice would be 8 speed manual automatic. Then I would add magnetic suspension and decent steering control with proper tires and wheels.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
This ^^

Screw the mileage.

Put a bigger fuel cell in it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drive a 2012 Ford Fusion with the 4cy 2.5.
Pretty sure it won't do 13in the quarter, it doesnt average
above 26 unless it's trip mileage.

Take that all as a hint.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am planning a custom car. The guy is starting with an AMC AMX which weighs about 3,500 pounds.
It will have an automatic transmission. What engine setup is good for thirty miles per gallon at 65MPH and do about 13 flat in the quarter mile?
First, a question. Why this?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Go on YouTube and watch race videos of Teslas eating gasoline autos. Made a believer out of me....

https://youtu.be/qnRQD1jRyfQ

IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC

The AMX because I liked the looks when they came out. The automatic is because I old and don't want to shift gears. The 13 flat is because there have been a few times I was behind a slow truck going up a hill. Occasionally I would encounter about 500 feet of straight road. I am using ignorant prejudice to believe a 13 flat car could get around that truck safely in that distance. The thirty miles per gallon is an arbitrary desire. I read about a car with a diesel engine which ran on a track for twenty-four hours. Its average speed was140MPH and also averaged 114 miles per gallon. There's no way I want a diesel engine.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The AMX because I liked the looks when they came out. The automatic is because I old and don't want to shift gears. The 13 flat is because there have been a few times I was behind a slow truck going up a hill. Occasionally I would encounter about 500 feet of straight road. I am using ignorant prejudice to believe a 13 flat car could get around that truck safely in that distance. The thirty miles per gallon is an arbitrary desire. I read about a car with a diesel engine which ran on a track for twenty-four hours. Its average speed was140MPH and also averaged 114 miles per gallon. There's no way I want a diesel engine.

There is no way that car did 140 mph and averaged114mpg. Pure fantasy

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

Flux capacitor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Book says wifes Honda will do a couple tens over 14 sec 1/4 mile and regularly gets over 30 MPG

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Civic Type R and Focus RS are both supposed to run like that.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

Are you using one of my favorite concepts here: Ignorant prejudice?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Ringman - understand and appreciate your response.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Electric Motor/ Motors & won't need gas

Did you turn out to be a Biden Supporter Rich?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

Electric Motor/ Motors & won't need gas

Did you turn out to be a Biden Supporter Rich?

My wife read something the other day about a battery about half the size of a regular car battery that can run an electric car for a thousand miles and can be charged in about a minute. She also said it would not burn.

If that technology becomes available in the next few months I may go that route. I will start on the interior and then the body and suspension. If it is not available when I am ready for the power, I will go with a gas engine that will accomplish the performance goal.

Biden who?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife read something the other day about a battery about half the size of a regular car battery that can run an electric car for a thousand miles and can be charged in about a minute. She also said it would not burn.

If that technology becomes available in the next few months I may go that route. I will start on the interior and then the body and suspension. If it is not available when I am ready for the power, I will go with a gas engine that will accomplish the performance goal.

Your wife is full of shi.t

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 19 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,754
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.