-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought a b-14 hunter ridge in creedmore a few months back. Finally got it to the range with a Burris 3-9x50 E1 Shoots great but yes a tad heavy. I think the specs say a number 5 contour barrel.

Regardless, I love the sticky stock black with grey flakes and it shoots great. Awesome trigger.

I’m keeping it

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've got 3 of the B-14 Ridge between 6.5CM and 300WM and friends have a couple HMR's. All shoot moa or better with about half shooting 1/2 inch groups with hunting ammo. Agree with the others they are heavier but the barrel contours are not lightweight and the stocks are not slim either. Being a R700 clone there are a ton of aftermarket options. The factory triggers are good but I put a triggertech in one and like it better. I have noticed accuracy continues to improve through about 70 rounds so if you get one that shoots great right out of the box you'll be set.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thanks for all the input. I actually got hands on one today, a B-14 Hunter I believe. Stock dimensions felt fine to me, a tad barrel heavy, but again thats not an issue, at my age the only place Ill carry it is into a Texas Box Blind...the rifle did indeed look like good bang for the buck.

I've had a Timber in 308 and a Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. Both were good shooters, well under MOA. Can't say I minded the handling or stock either. I like the triggers they put on them a lot.

That said, because of the issues Pappy mentioned and just feeling like I should have got more for the rifle at our (Canadian) pricing, I ended up buying a Remington 700 ADL with scope combo, sold the cheapo scope, and ended up spending about $475 for that. Put a TriggerTech trigger in it. Other than the rust attracting finish, it shoots an average of .9 to 1 MOA.

I had no complaints about actually using the Bergaras mind, if I could have gotten them cheaper I would have been happy but for $1k or more CAN? No thanks. That 6.5 Creed was sure a shooter though

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Igloo; 04/18/21.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I bought a Bergara Premier Approach from Whittaker’s when they threw em on sale for $999. I jumped fast.

The action is slicker than snot and the trigger is really good too. I haven’t shot it for groups but zeroed at 100 then went to 3-4-5 hundred and didn’t miss a beat. I believe the Premier line is assembled by a small handful of guys at their Georgia factory.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm seeing a few comments on price. Iirc, I paid just over $770 out the door less than a year ago for my B-14 Ridge 22-250. Not a bad price for what I got..

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

J
J
I don't think Bergara's are bad for the price at all. My friend shoots a B-14 and loves it. In that price point I am very partial to Tikka.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bergara is now my favorite bang for the buck rifle manufacturer.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I prefer a Walmart special 700 with a stock and trigger of my choice. Will come out more expensive than the cheapest Bergara, though. I own a B-14 in 6.5 CM and have no complaints.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jj_applejuice
I don't think Bergara's are bad for the price at all. My friend shoots a B-14 and loves it. In that price point I am very partial to Tikka.

I shouldered a Bergara Hunter 30-06 at Cabela's and it fit me very well. The thickness of the barrel wasn't a huge distraction, although all and all it was a heavier rifle than I normally carry. After kicking rocks for a month, I purchased this new stainless for close to the price of a Bergara Hunter off G.B. Topped it off with a Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40 illuminated (German 3P#4)

My 2nd Tikka in 7mm-08.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
J
^ The Bergara is defintely a bit heavier. Still a great rifle for the price. I am a sucker for a Tikka action.

IC B3

W
W
Bought a highlander in .308 had feeding issues lgs sent back to Bergara in February. Called in March they mumbled COVID $ 1500 dollar should feed from factory. Bought two guns last year highlander and a Christensen Mesa, Mesa for the win.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ingwe
I know nothing about them. What says the gallery of those who have used them?

After the crap they pulled a couple of years ago i wouldn't shoot one of they were free

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What did they do a couple years ago?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are good rifles.Excellent trigger,good shooter,I really wasn't too crazy about the skinny plastic stock so I put it in a Boyd's Pro Varmint that I had bedded for one of my Remington Sendero rifles.It was a perfect drop in fit and I like it much better.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've got a B14 Ridge Wilderness in 308 Win. So far, it's shot MOA (or just about moa)with the few different loads that I fed it. The 18 inch bbl with my suppressor is great!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I know nothing other than picking up in the store. Seemed very chunky and weighed a ton (wooden stocked .30-06).

Same impressions here. I’ve got little girly man hands and the stock made it feel like I was holding my dads rifle as a kid. Just way too fat in the grip. Seem to be very popular here though.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Dan700mn
What did they do a couple years ago?

They advertised a bunch of stocks for a good price, A bunch of us 'bought ' them. They immediately hit our cards, kept our money for a couple of weeks before admitting there were no stocks

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I recently bought a Premier Approach from a fellow fire member. I finally got it out to the range today. I had loaded up 10 rounds of a load that worked in another rifle. Wow, this one is going to be a shooter! It's a big, heavy rifle by design. Maybe a #5 contour barrel and more of a sniper style stock. The action is slick and everything seems very high quality. The trigger is great. It's stainless with factory ceracoat. The barrel is 24" and threaded. Overall, I think it's a really nice rifle.

I think I really need a Premier Mountain to go with it.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Are all the actions sizes the same?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hamrick
Are all the actions sizes the same?

No

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,834 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.