Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Dess Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
A few interesting quotes from the article. Here is the link for those who wish to read it in its entirety.

https://sports.yahoo.com/senator-herschel-walker-it-could-happen-191742260.html

Yahoo Sports
Senator Herschel Walker? It could happen
Jay Busbee
Jay Busbee
Thu, April 15, 2021, 1:17 PM

ATLANTA — The newly blue state of Georgia could be getting a wave of Bulldog red.

Herschel Walker, the University of Georgia legend, could run for U.S. Senate next year on the Republican ticket. And if he does, he’d have the formidable duo of his own illustrious legacy and a motivated, vengeful former President Donald Trump clearing a path for him.

Walker, 59, led the Georgia Bulldogs to their most recent national championship in 1980 as a freshman. He won the Heisman two years later and dominated college football so thoroughly that his name still ranks atop most best-ever lists. He’s wound through a range of pursuits since his days in Athens — NFL player, Olympic bobsledder, MMA fighter — but for many Georgians, he’ll always be a Bulldog.

Georgia’s 2022 Senate race will be a crucial one, meaning that anyone who runs for office against Democratic incumbent Raphael Warnock will instantly become a national figure. Warnock recently won the seat vacated by Johnny Isakson in 2019, so his seat is up for election next year, rather than the customary six years.

also from the article:

Walker has not yet indicated he would run, but on Fox News this past Sunday indicated he and his family were giving it deep consideration.

“I'm very honored that they would consider me running for the Senate,” Walker told Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo. “My family, we’re still going through this process of praying and really considering it. And at the same time, I take it very serious.”

and also:

Walker has been an outspoken supporter of Trump and Republican principles for years. In his most recent Fox News interview, Walker hit on hot-button issues like protesting athletes, whom he doesn’t believe should be on the U.S. Olympic team, as well as Major League Baseball moving its All-Star Game out of Atlanta over the election law. Walker supports the law’s mandate requiring more comprehensive identification to vote.

“Having an ID is a basic thing you’ve got to have,” Walker said on Fox News. “For people to continue to talk about this idea is sort of appalling. Why are they not helping people to get an ID? That’s a basic thing people need to survive.” That’s a message that resonates well with Republican audiences.

The fact that Walker is a Black Republican also factors into calculations about his political viability. Georgia is currently enmeshed in a political crisis over its new election law, drafted by state Republican legislators immediately after Trump’s loss and signed into law by Kemp soon after the Senate runoffs.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hershel Walker is a class act.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Go Dawgs....

Sic 'em...

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Pass. Not voting for another RINO just because he's black. We need representation not more party politics. Typical, really. They can't own up to the fact that they lost because the candidate was awful? Oh, no. They have to blame race.

They lost because libertarians weren't having it. They'll lose again unless they start representing the people of Georgia.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
MAGA

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
He wont be intimidated by the whining left , that is for sure.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am a long time Bulldog fan. My brother, Jeff Lewis was starting linebacker for the Junkyard Dogs in 1976 and '77.
I can remember listening to Larry Munson on the radio for the first game of the season in 1980. Herschel was a Freshman, and a Nobody. He didn't even start that first game vs Tennessee.

And in the fourth quarter Herschel ran one for 40 yards and the Bulldogs won. I can still remember Larry, "Herschel Walker off of left tackle! He breaks another tackle.
Herschel for the winning touchdown!! And he is only a freshman!!!"

Georgia won and Herschel was a legend after the first game.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Pass. Not voting for another RINO just because he's black. We need representation not more party politics. Typical, really. They can't own up to the fact that they lost because the candidate was awful? Oh, no. They have to blame race.

They lost because libertarians weren't having it. They'll lose again unless they start representing the people of Georgia.

They lost because as Biden said, he and zero had developed the greatest vote rigging scheme in history and because the CCP was involved in it.

Sheesh, the suckers even explain the election fraud to people and they go looking for causes on Mars. Unreal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Man he is pretty far from being a Rino...

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Hunter ?

Last edited by hookeye; 04/19/21.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the end, he won't run & GA sure as hail ain't a great state anymore.

MM

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Always came across as decent IMHO

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Hunter ?

Yes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At best they'll trade him to Minnesota.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to believe he has an excellent chance of beating the commie preacher. There is that voter fraud thing though.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean the suitcases of votes under the table, just in case?

But SCOTUS says no fraud anywhere....................so they don't have to decide anything.

MM

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

How do you know he's not legit? He sure says what I am thinking most of the time. He must be a good faker.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Walker is the real deal.A Trump Republican.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I promise you if Maxine Waters wants "confrontational" #34 will plant her. God forbid Maxine asks for Herschel's sisters both are better athletes than he is. I've seen worse candidates win.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You sure did this country a lot of good, sitting on your hands, no doubt.

Truth: You don't like his skin color.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,546
Posts18,472,944
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.