Print Thread
Hop To
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Comment came up in Optics about my interest in the new Burris FastFire RD dot sight and being hypocritical. Since Burris hasn’t exactly advertised country of origin lately I wrote them and asked simply where is the RD made. Answer, China. In keeping with my Boycott Communist China push that device is now persona non grata. I also let Burris know the feelings of an ex customer. My relationship with them may or may not remain with Philippine products. Have not decided. Their Communist products can rot in place. Below is my comment:

As a long time Burris user going back to the time when you made products in the USA, my family has had both your rifle scopes and binoculars along on outings. I was disappointed when you chose to move production to the Philippines but remained loyal and highly recommended Burris to many. At least the Philippines have a semblance of democracy in their government and a population that enjoys a level of freedom.

Recently I became interested in the new FastFire RD. It was somewhat difficult to get all the information I wanted but it has finally begun to be better and more fully available. Including county of manufacture. No mincing of words here. I am totally disgusted with your decision to do business with Communist China. A closed nation where the people have no personal freedoms, much less express the God given right of being armed. They work under slave labor conditions and you take advantage of their situation just for a cheaper product. Should they resist domination only the Communists know what happens to them. Communist China intentionally promoted the spread of COVID 19 in a multitude of proven ways. Their goal is world domination and the USA is their only real stumbling block. They succeeded in causing societal unrest, medical crisis (whether real or magnified), economic disaster and a detrimental effect on a free and honest national election. And you made the conscious decision to support them monetarily. How dare you!!

Products manufactured under environmental and labor conditions that would never be tolerated in the United State, you pay the Communists for and sell them in a free nation. You are greedy at the expense of the security of the United States. Every dollar you send to Communist China strengthens them. And when you strengthen the Communist Chinese you weaken freedom. How dare you!! And I now discover this is not the only product with which you make deals with the devil.

STOP! STOP NOW!! Send no more profits to our enemy and bring no more product to the shores of the most free nation on earth. And don’t even dare trying to bring up “world economy” when speaking of one of the most despicable nations on earth. Godless, uncaring for human life or liberties. And you sell their goods to American shooters. Disgusting. Alter your manufacturing while you can. Philippines maybe. But how about the United States of America with our documented citizens building an excellent product here on our so far free land. Give bold support to securing and closing our southern border to again give us a complete nation. Help us remove falsely created low labor rates put in place by those here illegally. Support the United States and its citizen workers, not Communist China or those who invade our borders. There are no excuses for manufacturing in Communist China except exceptional greed and disregard for US security now and in the future. You are guilty of both.

I will not end here. I actively promote, not just support, total boycott of Communist China and corporations that give them financial and industrial support. This includes Burris. You’re not Apple. There are other choices and from this point forward those other choices will be mine. Change starts with the individual, and this individual is hell bent on change away from supporting Communist China. You support Communist China. I will promote boycott, I will recruit support, I will encourage resistance, I will state and use fact, and I will make a difference. Every chance I get to deflect purchases away from Communist Chinese products I will take, whether it be Bushnell, Primary Arms or Burris. I will be as aggressive in exercising my First Amendment rights to speak against enemies of freedom as I am in excercising my Second Amendment rights.

You have options that support freedom. It is past time for you to use them.
With Extreme Devotion to Freedom,
XXXXXX

Last edited by shootem; 04/19/21.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Ya done real good! I will be surprised if you get a response.....even more surprised if they change their product supplier! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don’t require or expect a reply. I would appreciate those who offer so much “close the border” and “no more Chinamart” feelings to respond in like fashion. Pick one. Doesn’t have to be Burris. I named a couple more. Tell them to change. Demand it if they wish for you to be a customer. We must stop whining on 24hour and take it to the ones doing the damage. And I’m speaking particularly to union folks. Do it. It takes action.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A similar letter needs to be sent to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wonder how long it took them to wipe their arses with that email?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A loooooong time ago I bought a Burris scope. Not cheap, not top line. When you looked through the scope at a certain angle the lense looked cracked. I sent it back. They returned saying they found nothing wrong. I sent back explaining you had to look at an angle. They call d me and said it was just an imperfection in the lense coating .They were going to send it back as is. I told her I didn’t see a caveat on the box when I brought it that it had a slight imperfection in lense coating.
She seemed put out but sent a new scope. Which I promptly sold at a lost but I have never bought another Burris product again. They can pound sand.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tico

Hope they used the whole desktop screen. Only option is to boycott Communist Chinese products. When inventory stacks up and orders from China are cancelled is the only time effect will be seen. Problem is there’s a ton of admitted “gun guys” that just don’t care. So what if it comes from China and supports their form of Communism. So what if that’s the same Communist China that intentionally released an infectious virus on the world.......and laughed at the non response. And they did it to help their fellow Demoroids in power by disrupting our society, our economy, and opening the way for illegally cast mail in votes to help steal a national US election. Of course there were other methods of theft ongoing. Not to mention the numbers of US citizens that did actually die from COVID alone or from deadly enhancement of existing comorbidities. These are the Godless rulers with no respect for human life money from the United States helps keep in power.

And the “gun guys” say “So what. My Chinese red dot, sniper scope, binoculars whatever have this that and the other and didn’t cost as much”. Yadayadayada. EVEN UNION “GUN GUYS”. Hey Union, go organize Communist China and help the workers. Get back to me if you live. Be a Patriot. Stop the greed in politics and corporate America. And the hardest of all, stop your own greed. That’s a tough one isn’t it.

Join in. Speak out. When the time comes to be there, be there. I will not stop. Call me hypocrite, call me whatever you like. But please God, help me deserve to be called faithful and Patriot.

DO. Don’t just stand back and watch others. RESIST.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where was the device you used to write that email made? Or your cell phone? Bet you wont throw those away.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H

They won't, the screens won't fit the crack of MOST arses!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said OP.

Obviously it would be damn near impossible and all time consuming to avoid every CCP product sold but I do what I can to avoid them when possible especially on larger purchases. Given what the CCP has done to this country and its goals for our countries future I consider it a patriotic duty.

Firearm related product manufacturers having a communist anti 2A (or any other god given human right) country manufacturer there products does seem especially morally bankrupt.

IC B3

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Well said OP.

Obviously it would be damn near impossible and all time consuming to avoid every CCP product sold but I do what I can to avoid them when possible especially on larger purchases. Given what the CCP has done to this country and its goals for our countries future I consider it a patriotic duty.

Firearm related product manufacturers having a communist anti 2A (or any other god given human right) country manufacturer there products does seem especially morally bankrupt.

That’s the point. We don’t always have a choice because of corporate and political sell out. But like I told Burris “ You’re not Apple and I have a choice”. Chinese components are hidden in every complex consumer product sold world wide. But we don’t have to be happy about it and it is our duty as free men to fight authoritarianism. Fight it where you find it.
Originally Posted by dodge268
Where was the device you used to write that email made? Or your cell phone? Bet you wont throw those away.

Don’t intend to. Can’t get an American made phone. Should be able to but can’t. That’s where political influence and tariffs come in. We should tax Apple, Microsoft, Google, et al to their death if required to discontinue their anti US labor and manufacturing policies. But in some products I have a choice and I exercise it. See, the Communist Chinese are a particular enemy of the United States and the world as a whole. I will not support them and will continue to recruit an army of like minded Patriots unafraid to put their so called beliefs into word and action. Apparently the overt biological attack on civilization by the Communist Chinese, including their own people, does not bother you

And just so you know, your attempts at such asinine defense of the Communists is disgusting. Are you profiting from Communist imports? You blow Chinese turkey calls? Sell Communist optics? Be truthful. Stop hiding behind the old “but I have to” argument. Sure. Unable to fight. Won’t do any good. Might as well give in. You’re a pitiful excuse of an American. Freedom didn’t come free and it requires maintenance. I’m not afraid to be part of the maintenance crew. Ready and willing, though not quite as able as before. But I act. I don’t sit back and have this crap forced on me without resisting to the best of my ability. Obviously the fight has been bred out of you. When the time comes, and it IS coming, God help us if we have to depend on you’re creed.

This has come slowly. We can’t be slow in ending it. The Communist are on a fast pace of world domination accelerated by the election stolen by the bought and paid for Demoroids. We must fight and resist in whatever way we can. Take it where you find it. This is where I found it so this is my calling. More MUST follow.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I sent an email similar to that once to the Armour Star Canned Meat company.

They shorted me a Vienna in a can.

Low blow.

Resolved by sending me a $2 coupon.

They just don’t know how close they came to losing a life long customer......

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mean man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They’ll only listen to money, or the absence thereof. Lectures are just feel good wastes of time.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Heym06

They won't, the screens won't fit the crack of MOST arses!

Will fit easily in Sandbillys....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well said OP.

Is the problem really China or the corporations here that have everything made over there?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tag to hear the reply.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said OP.

Is the problem really China or the corporations here that have everything made over there?

Both.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.