Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All I'm saying is this:

It's not too difficult to find some FFL to send guns to leftist republic of Californicate. I can't blame the poor people that live there (but I have no idea why!!). The dealers there have good reasons to be scared of the left wing state government and they may very well want all the I's dotted and the T's crossed before a gun is sent to them. In that case just get a FFL dealer to send it to them.

My FFL dealer explained it to me this way. Too many people do not know the laws on how to send a gun to a dealer, so some dealers just say: "Screw it, I'm going to require all guns sent to me to be from a FFL."

My Brother had a FFL class 1 and 2 license for almost 50 years. There was a guy that tried to buy some stuff from him (illegally) from out of state, my brother refused. The fed's forced my brother to testify against this guy. The guy had tried to do everything through the law, but the Fed's would not let him have a license - the Fed's admitted in court that there was no reason to deny him of this license by the way. They had him on wire taps and followed the guy around. My brother let his FFL go after he saw how the fed's worked this guy. I can only imagine how the Californicate law enforcement would be. Don't blame the FFL dealers there.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duke61
CA FFL's will accept shipment from an individual as long as they send copy of their drivers license with wet signature.

this

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mull
Not Hard At All...I Dont Send Them...Lessons Learned Years Ago..

Awe...GFY moron firearms are still legal here

Coyotes shot no waiting.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by smithrjd
By the way it is no fun trying to ship from CA either.. Takes at least an hour and a "second" level manager at the Post Office to get them to accept a rifle for shipping.

You create your problem. You are not required to tell them it's a rifle.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tax is not a sales tax, but a use tax. Placed on anything that enters the state for sale or use.

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If someone can't understand that selling to CA isn't a problem, then they can't be trusted with a firearms purchase anyway. Such people are advertising that they should be steered clear of. Win-win. Those of us who are stuck here will gladly deal with the more competent folk.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ken158
Originally Posted by MWN
I sold a rifle on the 'Fire to a member from California and it was quite simple. He had an FFL there that received it from me (shipped direct with my ID enclosed). It was no big deal at all. The trick (IMHO) is for the California buyer to scout out the FFL there that is easy to work with and knows the drill.

And that is how simple it is but when some people get an FFL, they invent reasons to not do things they can do and some charge crazy prices for a few minutes of work.

I have 3 local FFL's and all receive guns with no issues, only difference is what they charge...

Ted
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Fiddy
If someone can't understand that selling to CA isn't a problem, then they can't be trusted with a firearms purchase anyway. Such people are advertising that they should be steered clear of. Win-win. Those of us who are stuck here will gladly deal with the more competent folk.

I agree 100%

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fiddy

There are more than a few FFL holders out there who are not the sharpest tacks in the box. I recently posed a specific question to three FFL s and got three different answers. Go figure.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I sold a Perazzi MX 2000 to a guy in CA a few years back,no problems in any way shape or form.
Don't understand why guys won't ship to CA as long as things are in order on their end, should be no problems.

Greg

Semper Fi
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (16gage, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 64 invisible), 3,038 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,618
Posts18,492,662
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.