OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Eileen sent me this to announce:

Mother’s Day is Coming & Father’s Day is right behind
Let’s have a sale!

Get any 2 books, and get a free year's subscription to Rifle Loony News
That’s $5 off each book!

Don’t know what’s in the books? Click the link below to see details, including tables of contents and recipe lists
https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/

Sale starts April 19 and ends on Father’s Day.
Get a free year of RLN for yourself, or gift a friend.

Questions?
Email Eileen: riflesandrecipesgmail.com
or phone 406-521-0273

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Order submitted.

Thanks,

Jason

PS - I hope you're enjoying semi-retired life!

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Eileen has your order on the list to go out today. Thanks!

The semi-retirement hasn't exactly turned out as hoped. A magazine I used to write for (beginning in 1976) named Gray's Sporting Journal asked me to do some stuff for them in mid-2020, and offered enough money to make it worthwhile. Have done three stories for them so far in 2021--and the CEO of riflesandrecipes.com wants another handloading book in 2022!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thanks, I've intended to place an order for a while.
rdavid

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great !
I have a dozen of you and Eileen's books, but let a Rifle Loony News membership lapse years ago, and everytime I think to renew I have problems with your web site not knowing who I am.
I guess I got purged and it won't let me back in.
Will call the CEO tomorrow to collect the rest of the items I do not have.
I need another dozen items (if I include 2 hats) to have all the goods.
I started collecting at Whittaker guns when they put out some of your books at their local emporium here.
I found a couple more at a Fort Knox, KY PX vendor's used books tables, believe it or not.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll take a peek at the website. I’ve been looking at Slices of the Wild and may have to snag it.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Been waiten' on that stews and soups book... sleep

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
It's still being added to, but Eileen is also still planning to have it ready to ship by September/October.

Today she's going to add up the number of recipes today, and see where it's at. We had a new one for lunch, which turned out to work just fine as-is. She's remade the same basic recipe as many as four times before she thinks it qualifies for publication.

John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

The semi-retirement hasn't exactly turned out as hoped. A magazine I used to write for (beginning in 1976) named Gray's Sporting Journal asked me to do some stuff for them in mid-2020, and offered enough money to make it worthwhile. Have done three stories for them so far in 2021--and the CEO of riflesandrecipes.com wants another handloading book in 2022!

Your writing is much too good for you to stop. Give us one more hand loading book. Also, I read your article in the May-June issue of Shooting Sportsman and enjoyed it thoroughly.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Glad you liked the SS drilling article!

Oh, the new handloading book is going to happen. After some discussion, the CEO riflesandrecipes decided that a LITTLE
BOOK OFGUN GACK is a good deal. The working title is Rifle Handloads That Work, which will be a collection of load I've found to consistently work in several rifles of the same chambering.

John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Forgot to mention that Rifle Handloads That work won't be appearing until 2022. This year's book is Eileen's latest cookbook on game soups and stews, which will appear somewhere in September/October.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

John,

As long you enjoy it, I'm glad that you're still writing. There would be a void without it, but at the same time I understand everyone needing a break.

By the way, my order arrived today which was quicker than I expected with media mail. Man, in the past I remember it taking weeks.

I also like the font in your books. Size and type work well with my middle age eyes. Never paid much attention to that sort of thing until the past few years.

Thanks,

Jason

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your vote of confidence!

Good to know the order showed up pretty quickly. The slow media-mail deliveries occurred during the late 2020 "holiday" season, when USPS delivery usually slows down--a little. But this season everything got a LOT slower, mostly due to the recent Postmaster General, who made a LOT of cuts (both in employees and ripping out equipment) that really slowed things down. Plus, quite a few USPS people had COVID-19.

Things seem to be back to closer to normal now. In fact, last week I shipped a rifle USPS Priority mail to a Campfire member in West Texas. It was predicted to show up 4 days later, and showed up a day early.....

John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.