-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hello everyone, I have a small question regarding firearms dealers in Canada and their assortments.
I am looking for somebody who sells Dan Wesson pistols, particularly the Razorback 10mm (I realized a .45 Win Mag would be utterly impractical for me) and would export it to my country. The main reason for this is that, sadly, Dan Wesson does not have any dealers in Europe whatsoever and importing a gun from the US would not only come with a big extra cost but also a load of paperwork exceeding anything I've seen in any other country. Thus, a Canadian dealer seems like the way to go in this regard. My only problem is that I have very little knowledge of Canadian arms dealers, hence why I am asking here.

Thank you all in advance, I'd be happy to hear from you.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hi. That might be difficult. You can talk to Clay Smiley at Prophet River in Alberta. He might be able to help.

https://store.prophetriver.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll 2nd Clay.

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There is a dealer in the Ottawa Valley but for the life of me I cannot remember the name. I bought some magazines from him. Sorry for my senior moment.

Wolverine Sports is also pretty good.

Last edited by the_shootist; 04/21/21.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Keith;
Good evening to you sir, it's been too long since I've said hello, but I do trust all is well as can be in your world and with your family.

The particular fly in the ointment for our 'Fire companion from Germany is finding a dealer who is licensed to export out of country.

As far as I'm aware there's only a couple who do that, one is I Run Guns or something like that and I have no personal experience with them at all.

So far in my dealings with Clay Smiley at Prophet River, I've not had him move anything in or out of the country for me, but I have bought a few arms from him and had him sell some oddball collector guns that weren't moving locally.

I too have been exceptionally satisfied in all ways with Clay - well and the rest of the staff there at Prophet River for that matter.

All the best to you all Brother Keith and good luck to the OP on getting the Dan Wesson.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have you tried a CZ dealer in your country? Being that Dan Wesson is owned by CZ they may be able to help.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you all for the quick and good advice. I'll try to call Mr. Smiley later today and ask if he can help me.
My local CZ dealer might also be worth a call, too, although I think the stuff they carry is produced in Europe and not brought in from CZ US. I'll report back shortly.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Clay will advise him.

I have used Clay and I Run Guns to bring firearms into the country. It's just some extra paperwork to satisfy the feds and the wait. I even got a t shirt from IRG. 😆

Both Clay and IRG are experienced, but I prefer dealing with Clay.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,768
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.