Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have bought off of gun broker in the past. Typically new guns from a brick and mortar store. It has served me well. On the other hand, I have had questions about some items that I was interested in and have probably sent messages to those sellers a half dozen times over the years. I have never had a response. Is this the norm for you as well.

PS I do understand that merchants may want to avoid me as a customer since I have expectations of competence.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've never gotten a response either, I guess they would rather deal with folks that dont bother to ask questions. Like asking a question automatically labels you as difficult.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nosler put the word out about you. HA![Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by Jim1611; 04/21/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's probably the questions you are asking....

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Nosler put the word out about you. HA!

LOL, I am unquestionably the wrong customer for companies that put out crap products and/or don't do as they say they will do.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I get answers all the time, often within minutes. Every so often no answer.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

LOL, I am unquestionably the wrong customer for companies that put out crap products and/or don't do as they say they will do.

Don't blame you one bit for expecting a good product but I just couldn't pass that one up grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm hearing more from my customers telling me the lack of communication about products. An old fashioned phone call goes a long way to clear everything up but they are getting very rare.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Don't blame you one bit for expecting a good product but I just couldn't pass that one up grin

I am fair game! I can take the "brotherly love" I bring upon myself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG
I get answers all the time, often within minutes. Every so often no answer.

I wonder if asking if the seller actually looks at the gun before they ship it is a fair question. It's a bummer when you buy a magazine fed gun that ships without a magazine, or the serial number on the box doesn't match the serial number on the gun.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm hearing more from my customers telling me the lack of communication about products. An old fashioned phone call goes a long way to clear everything up but they are getting very rare.

I thought about calling their brick and mortar store, but when I visited their online store, I didn't see the guns they showed as having in stock on GB. I have done this on several occasions, and each time, the item doesn't show in stock on line. They got me to thinking their agreement with GB may not allow them to conflate their online store with their GB store.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Most of the sellers on GB appear to be pawnbrokers who are notoriously ignorant of firearms

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have bought off of gun broker in the past. Typically new guns from a brick and mortar store. It has served me well. On the other hand, I have had questions about some items that I was interested in and have probably sent messages to those sellers a half dozen times over the years. I have never had a response. Is this the norm for you as well.

PS I do understand that merchants may want to avoid me as a customer since I have expectations of competence.

I bought a 9mm CZ from a company around the first of the year. They said it might be a month with all the business at that time, but when it got to be 2 months and I hadn't seen it, and they were not answering my inquiries, I notified Gunbroker of the situation and I had the pistol in less than a week.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The real problem is many are not answering the phone.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have never had an issue whether buying or selling. This though with maybe a half dozen transactions about 50/50 buy sell.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I bought a NIB 1911 on GB recently. After two weeks of waiting for it to ship maybe 300 miles I messaged the seller 3 times with no response. I then called the shop. A young man said he would be glad to answer my questions. He looked up my pistol on his computer. Then told me they were waiting to receive it from the distributor. It should be in stock within the month. I asked did they regularly sell guns that were not in stock and not tell the customer. He said not usually. I would not mind at all ordering a firearm and waiting if I knew it up front. I will not wait on one when deceived. Took 3 more weeks but got my money back.

jimjr
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The return messages go into junk for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check your spam folder

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have gotten prompt responses each of the dozen, or so, times I have inquired.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The only time I send messages to sellers on GunBroker is to bust their balls about misrepresenting their product or asking them why something is missing.

They always respond. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,467
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.