Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Tide...I am also a rifle guy first and if I can put aside my preferences to make hasty and costly decisions so can you

That being said, it seems a Dakota 10 is what you need. Buy one, and make me forever jealous and resentful

That’s the first thing that popped into my head too. I love my Model 10 and I’ve wanted to get one in 22 to go with it. That would be an amazing little rifle. I have a Dakota 22 already so I think it needs a single shot brother at some point.

But yes Rolltide you do need a Freedom Arms too. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Rolltide
This thread has been eating away at me, mainly because I can't necessarily think of a specific rimfire I'm looking for.

Certifiable and Robertham1 have been putting the sell job on me for a Freedom Arms and I can see me owning one before long...but I'm a rifle guy way before I'm a handgun guy.

Which lead me to this question...

If a guy were looking for a nice falling block rifle in 22 LR, what would you go with?

Maybe an 1885, or is there another option out there?

This seems like it would be totally impractical...and yet I do believe I need one...

Help me out, which one would you recommend?

Pretty hard to beat a modern Low Wall in the world of falling block .22's. A buddy and I used mine recently to nail bugs crawling around on the 50yd target backer. I drilled/tapped it to take Unertl target mounts. (Even though modern built it's a retro looker and I felt it needed retro optics.)

Last edited by gnoahhh; 09/25/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a K22 HS enroute..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tide...I am also a rifle guy first and if I can put aside my preferences to make hasty and costly decisions so can you

That being said, it seems a Dakota 10 is what you need. Buy one, and make me forever jealous and resentful

I had to do some looking to find much on that one...which leads me to ask...

What did I do to you? lol

That's one incredible rifle, but I'd buy a Canyon Creek 1727 Anschutz before I'd spend that much.

Although, you never know when one may make its way to the house!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jmbrown

That’s the first thing that popped into my head too. I love my Model 10 and I’ve wanted to get one in 22 to go with it. That would be an amazing little rifle. I have a Dakota 22 already so I think it needs a single shot brother at some point.

But yes Rolltide you do need a Freedom Arms too. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

You guys have had me looking at the Freedom Arms more than I ever have before.

Is the action job needed?

I've been going back and forth on barrel length, a second cylinder in 22 WMR but I do believe the black Micarta grips are a necessity...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
This thread has been eating away at me, mainly because I can't necessarily think of a specific rimfire I'm looking for.

Certifiable and Robertham1 have been putting the sell job on me for a Freedom Arms and I can see me owning one before long...but I'm a rifle guy way before I'm a handgun guy.

Which lead me to this question...

If a guy were looking for a nice falling block rifle in 22 LR, what would you go with?

Maybe an 1885, or is there another option out there?

This seems like it would be totally impractical...and yet I do believe I need one...

Help me out, which one would you recommend?

Pretty hard to beat a modern Low Wall in the world of falling block .22's. A buddy and I used mine recently to nail bugs crawling around on the 50yd target backer. I drilled/tapped it to take Unertl target mounts. (Even though modern built it's a retro looker and I felt it needed retro optics.)

I found a Miroku that looks great, but have just started looking...

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Might start looking for a S&W 63 or a Ruger SP101. Getting the desire to try a revolver. Unfortunately the only 22 revolvers I ever see in stores are Rough Riders and Ruger Wranglers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The S&W 63 is a great little revolver but it's hard to argue against the SP101 as well.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If there is anything I can do that would help motivate you to take the freedom arms leap, just let me know

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A coworker was a mint Marlin 880 he wants to sell, and been thinking hard about if I want it or not. I could get it for $200.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Well mine is a NOS Rem 572.
Kinda sorta.
Found a pre 68 receiver and buttstock never assembled.
LOL

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
The S&W 63 is a great little revolver but it's hard to argue against the SP101 as well.

That's what I'm reading... now I've just got to find one!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CZ American.

Yup.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Jmbrown

You guys have had me looking at the Freedom Arms more than I ever have before.

Is the action job needed?

I've been going back and forth on barrel length, a second cylinder in 22 WMR but I do believe the black Micarta grips are a necessity...

As for the action job I’m not sure. Mine doesn’t have it and it’s still amazing. If I was ordering one though I would probably get it cause it definitely couldn’t hurt. I would definitely get the 2nd cylinder in 22 mag. I’m going to send mine back at some point and have it done. I think the black micarta are a necessity too. They look so much better than the red laminated ones in my opinion. I’m on the list with Rob Rowen to have some custom grips made for it now too though. I bought mine 2nd hand but still NIB so I wasn’t able to select all the options I would have if I had ordered new but there’s not much that I would have changed. If you can find somewhere to go hold one and play with it some you will be sold on it, I know I was.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
There wasn't supposed to be another .22 after the Savage 64 back in this thread a ways, but then this one followed me home from my LGS.

Marlin 25N in 22 rimfire with a cheap Tasco Pronghorn 3X9 scope. Date code says it is 1999 vintage and not a scratch or mark on the wood or bluing, looks brand new. Bought it over the phone with a credit card and was surprised at just how clean it was when I picked it up at the LGS, I was expecting a few nicks, etc.

It's a nice match to my Marlin 25MN in .22 Magnum which is 1998 vintage. Both original Marlins and JM stamped.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Oops, another .22 followed me home..........

TC G2 with match 10"

Last edited by hookeye; 10/07/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mossberg 44 or 144 w/peep sights is on the list, if I can ever find one in decent condition and reasonably priced. Bergara BMR w/CF bbl is also on the list if they ever make to the LGS.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My buddy bought a Christensen?
Waiting for a report.
That thing was LIGHT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fondled the Christensen Ranger - wasn't impressed in any way, shape or form.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.