Home
Posted By: GSPfan What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/22/21
I'm thinking along the lines of a tack driving rifle. Maybe something built just the way I want it with a medium heavy fluted barrel and a nice piece of wood. Probably a 22LR but won't rule out a 17
my next is a RimX 17 WSM......
set up just like this.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I have a Remington M34 inbound. I already own a M34P and it shoots pretty well though stuck with open sights and 59 year old eyes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Most likely another Vudoo.
Originally Posted by EdM
I have a Remington M34 inbound. I already own a M34P and it shoots pretty well though stuck with open sights and 59 year old eyes.

Old rifles like that have a lot of character. Most shoot very well. That's a nice one.
Got an Anschutz 1710HB recently in 22LR - will keep me happy for a while.
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I’m thinking a 17WSM is on the docket. I was starting to look for a Ruger, but a Winchester 1885 Low Wall popped up the other day in my readings and I’m thinking that may be the ticket. I have enough bolt rimfires, time for something different.

Now to find one!
Posted By: killerv Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Bergara BMR, probably in 22 mag

My last two have been T1Xs in 22lr and 17hmr
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by iShoot17
I’m thinking a 17WSM is on the docket. I was starting to look for a Ruger, but a Winchester 1885 Low Wall popped up the other day in my readings and I’m thinking that may be the ticket. I have enough bolt rimfires, time for something different.

Now to find one!

The 17 WSM sounds interesting especially in a single shot. How is the ammo availability for it? Ammo is a problem across the board. I seriously considered buying a very nice S&W M48 but try to find 22 Mag ammo.
Posted By: Hippy Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I have been kicking around a T1Xs in 22lr BUTT prefer a wood stock -2nd is a T-Bolt w/NICE wood
I have a set of Maple stock T-Bolts unfired just too nice to shoot

The Voodoo with the UGLY magazine are not 4 me--I much prefer my 40X Repeater

Jim
I was lucky to pick up a Walther KK300 barreled action. I know it isn't meant for it, it will become a club shooting BR rifle. It was very reasonable. 11mmn scope rings are on the way as well as an uninletted Stith BR stock. It won't be a done tomorrow deal. I also have a tuner coming for it.
Posted By: Cluggins Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by killerv

I like that rifle, but that magazine? I wish they would have gone flush fit rotary.
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by EdM

Old rifles like that have a lot of character. Most shoot very well. That's a nice one.

Thanks and I agree. They were only made from 1932 - 1935.
I picked up a 41 targetmaster, have yet to shoot it
Posted By: pullit Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Thinking about a tack driving 22LR of some sort, maybe a CZ457 MTR or Tikka T1x or?
Originally Posted by pullit
Thinking about a tack driving 22LR of some sort, maybe a CZ457 MTR or Tikka T1x or?

Good luck buddy. Keep us posted. I was looking for a "tack driver" and then I wanted a 10-22 as well, so I put a Kidd barrel on a 10-22 I recently bought. Shoots well enough, but my iron sighted rifles put a whipping on it. That's when you know you have a real tack driver. The thing that stops me from buying the vaunted Tikka T1x is some feeding issues I've seen numerous times on Youtube. If it were not for that, I'd probably get the Tikka... I'd rather run a Savage 93r17 I have that feeds perfectly all the time than mess with something that shoots lights out and feeds good part of the time. In some speed shoots I do, I can't have a rifle that doesn't function 100%.
Originally Posted by Hippy
I have been kicking around a T1Xs in 22lr BUTT prefer a wood stock -2nd is a T-Bolt w/NICE wood

Jim

Your 40X probably shoots every bit as good as a Vudoo and looks better doing it.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I'll probably sell my Ruger this year and replace it with a Beretta Model 70. That's the only rimfire I have any craving for.
Posted By: kragman1 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I would compare everything you're interested in to a CZ 457 and go from there. To me, they are the benchmark. You can spend more (Anschutz, Bergara, Vudoo) or about the same (Savage, Tikka) but IMO thats the starting point.
Posted By: pullit Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
So you are saying that the CZ is better than the Tikka accuracy wise, good to know as I really could not decide.
I havent owned a 457 but a 455, my tikka runs circles around the 455.
unfired just too nice to shoot

There is no such a frigging thing.......

Jim

Your 40X probably shoots every bit as good as a Vudoo and looks better doing it.

This offends me

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prs8859j/6695-A829-7-E88-4-DDC-8547-930-A9665838-A.webp[/img]
Also offended
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]pichost
Posted By: keninva Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Earlier I was considering the Tikka 1 or CZ . I went with the Tikka 22 long rifle. Be sure and get the replacement trigger spring.
I've been saving up for a long time now to get a .22 revolver. Not sure what I'm gonna go with yet and I still might convince myself to get an auto pistol instead.
Posted By: cooperfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
S&W 617

6" barrel
Originally Posted by mcclure
I've been saving up for a long time now to get a .22 revolver. Not sure what I'm gonna go with yet and I still might convince myself to get an auto pistol instead.

Go revolver as an opening move
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Originally Posted by cooperfan
S&W 617

6" barrel

I have one with a 4 inch barrel and dam that is a heavy gun. i much prefer my K22 with a 6 inch barrel
Posted By: K22 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
I just bought another Kimber but will be looking for a Bergara BMR.
Posted By: SS336 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/23/21
Ok Certifiable, that’s just not fair. 😁 couple of perfect .22 revolvers!
As soon as I see a left-handed T1X in 22LR, on the rack, I plan to snag it for my 11-year-old son. He's right-handed, but left-eye dominant.
Posted By: JRS3 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
A Volquartsen Deluxe in .22 Mag is in the works now.
Posted By: Bodkin84 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
I’m dying for a Anschutz 54 sporter- 🤤
Originally Posted by robertham1

Jim

This offends me

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/prs8859j/6695-A829-7-E88-4-DDC-8547-930-A9665838-A.webp[/img]

Any of you Boys have a Gen 3? I think that is next up for me.
I've already got more than I need. Don't see another coming any time soon if ever.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've already got more than I need.

Who doesn't?

WTF does 'need' have to do with it, anyway?.....
Posted By: T_O_M Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
Originally Posted by GSPfan
I'm thinking along the lines of a tack driving rifle. Maybe something built just the way I want it with a medium heavy fluted barrel and a nice piece of wood. Probably a 22LR but won't rule out a 17

In rifles .. looking at the Christensen Ranger. It has the features I want. A buddy has handled one and suggests I wouldn't be happy with it so I should see and handle one before buying. That's hard to do today. Might build a 10/22 but I'm really in the mood for a bolt action.

Handguns .. I just picked up a S&W "Classic" K-22 / model 17. I just mounted a scope today and plan to test some ammo on my next range trip. Thinkin' about a 4-5/8" or 5-1/2" barreled Single Six next.

Tom
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Who doesn't?

I don't have room or use for any more.
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
I’ve seen 17WSM on the shelves at local places very consistently. In all seriousness, I can’t recall a time, since all this started, that I wouldn’t be able to find it “that day”. I saw some the other day and it was $20.99 for Winchester Varmint HV. I was very tempted to buy a couple boxes so I’d have it when a rifle eventually pops up, but then figured no need to fuel that fire just yet and some 17WSM shooter out there could use it more than me putting it in the safe for “when”.

I’ve actually had decent luck finding 22WMR, too. I managed two boxes for $12.99 each about a month ago. I’ve seen it on other shelves too, but only snag what I’m going to shoot.
Originally Posted by Certifiable
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image

My heart says revolver. I have heard that .22lr revolvers are a pain to clean versus autos, but I have never owned a handgun so my experience is limited. That Smith and Wesson looks awesome - just the sort of thing I have in mind.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
What are you K 22 and M34 owners using for holster's? I'm not an internet guru but for the life of me I can't find a holster for either of these two. I'll need one for a M48 come Monday as well. Any info is appreciated.
bianchi makes a holster for the j-frames 34/63...

Posted By: beretzs Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21

Who doesn't?

That’s a darned fact. That 17WSM you were talking about sounds cool. I’d like to pick your brain. My little brother wants one.

I’ve got the Ruger and love it. Those are unobtainable right now.
Posted By: Windfall Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
That Bianchi #5BL is the same one that I use on my 4" M34-1. I really like that security strap over the hammer and cylinder.
Posted By: wink_man Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21

Who doesn't?

+1 on that !!!

Latest for me is a Ruger Mark III Hunter. I'm going to the LGS to do the paperwork now.

It's about the last thing I "need", but I "want" it.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
Thanks for the tips on the Bianchi for the M34. I'll check their website.
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/24/21
What are you K 22 and M34 owners using for holster's? I'm not an internet guru but for the life of me I can't find a holster for either of these two. I'll need one for a M48 come Monday as well. Any info is appreciated.

The K22's are K Frame Smiths so any holster that will fit a K frame S&W will work. I got lucky when I bought my K22 and it came in a nice leather holster....
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
my next is a RimX 17 WSM......

Mine too but my bolt will be on the port side. I've had my order placed for a few months.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
Just picked uo an Anschutz 1717D 17hmr and a Remington 541-S 22lr
I was thinking of a charter arms...I always seem to pass on them for something else. I'd like to try one out.
KSA Model 722
American made w/match chamber of wanted
Model 57 Winchester to match the unusual one that
I have is also on the “Watch List”!
Posted By: oldotter Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
Just acquired a Savage Model 93 FSS in 22 WMR. Couldn't be happier. Mounted a Nikon 2-7x32 scope, and proceeded to shoot decent groups @ 50 yards right out of the box. Can't wait to see how it tightens up after getting a few settle down rounds down the tube. Good price and light as a feather. would do it again.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
How is the availability of 22 WMR ammo??
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
Originally Posted by Bodkin84
I’m dying for a Anschutz 54 sporter- 🤤

You and I think a lot al Ike. But unless I stumble into an unreal deal it probably won’t happen anytime soon for me.
Who is al? or Ike?.....
Posted By: oldotter Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
How is the availability of 22 WMR ammo??

Like hens teeth. Find it at shows with shortage mark up.(50-100%)
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/25/21
My next one is a 100+ year old Stevens 44. It's on its way here.
I have plenty (maybe too many) .22 rimfires, both long and short, but IF I were to go after another, it would be a Smith 18 or 17, preferably in that order. I have a 4" 617, and it shoots great, but it's pretty chunky, and I wish it were an 18. I think I have everything else covered well enough.
Sig Trailside or a Single six hunter model with a scope.
Whichever pops up first.
Posted By: kingston Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Anyone have a CMMG Banshee upper?
Posted By: CamNWIA Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
So you are saying that the CZ is better than the Tikka accuracy wise, good to know as I really could not decide.

I can't speak for the 455 but I do have a CZ 452 Ultra Lux and a Tikka T1X. Both are extremely accurate 1/4-1/2" groups at 50 yds and a slight edge to the Tikka for accuracy with various ammo brands. The CZ does better with better grade ammo (SK Plus and RWS Target match).

The CZ has a 28" barrel and is extremely quiet shooting sub-sonic ammo, almost suppressor quiet.

I would really like to try out a Voodoo Ravage but some serious $$$ there...
If you try one, you'll be out the serious $$$ there.....
Try one and lots of other goods will start to gather dust

Hunts Ive been looking for an excuse to go RimX but other things keep getting in the way...
yours look great
Posted By: kragman1 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21

I don't have a T1x to compare (and people sure seem to be happy with theirs) but my CZ 457 Varmint is terrific, and the two 455's that I have any real experience with are too. I do have a 455 Varmint that didn't impress first time out, but it was only one time and in some swirly wind. I consider that one "TBD". All four rifles are more or less stock - one 455 has a Mr Fly trigger, the TBD 455 Varmint has a Yo Dave kit done by the previous owner.

I'm the kind of guy that likes walnut, and I like the changes on the 457's a lot. I would rather have a walnut & nitride 457 American or Lux over a stainless & plastic T1x. If someone didn't want to have to baby a walnut stock, the 457's can also be had in plastic.

Thats why I figure the CZ 457 is a fair yardstick for a good .22 rifle. There are many fine choices out there though. And truth be told, I wouldn't mind having a T1x in a walnut sporter stock.
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Just made a deal on a Kimber 82 S Model .22 on an auction site. Should see it in a week or so but pretty stoked to take it to the range and wring it out.

Bob
Posted By: CamNWIA Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
For $260 you can buy a walnut sporter style stock from Boyd's for the Tikka... (they call it the prairie hunter, or can also look at the classic). Laminate stocks are $160
Posted By: Bugger Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
I doubt I could find a more accurate rimfire than my 513 Remington.
Posted By: saddlegun Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
A brand new Spencer carbine in 56-56, and a lifetime supply of smokeless rimfire ammo.

By Hmaag, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=12776180

I can dream....
Posted By: Savageguy Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Thompson Contender 23” carbine.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Originally Posted by Sheister
Just made a deal on a Kimber 82 S Model .22 on an auction site. Should see it in a week or so but pretty stoked to take it to the range and wring it out.

Bob

Was this one of the one's on RIA?
Posted By: oldotter Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Y'all just one-upped us all. Will need updates when it arrives and range results!
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/26/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Bob

Was this one of the one's on RIA?

Not RIA. I followed a link posted on Rimfire Central and was surprised there were so few bids on it. Got it for a very reasonable price- if $1500 sounds like a reasonable price.... wink

Bob
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/27/21
It does. Nice snag.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/27/21
I just picked up a S&W M48 now to find some ammo. This completes my "sweep" of 22 revolvers with a K22 5 screw, M18, M34 4 screw, and just cuz i thought it was cool a M41. Now I need a nice rifle.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/28/21
Probably a TCR22 for now and a Tikka T1x later.
Originally Posted by cooperfan
S&W 617

6" barrel

I have one with a 4 inch barrel and dam that is a heavy gun. i much prefer my K22 with a 6 inch barrel

Have owned both a 6" and 4" over the last 15 years. Ended up selling both. They were fantastic revolvers, smooth, accurate, great triggers with a little work. But, like you said, heavy. Just plain overkill for a .22. I never wanted to carry them around and after the new wore off I did not shoot them much so I sold them. They did hold their value and I sold them for what I paid, so that was nice.
Originally Posted by kragman1

I don't have a T1x to compare (and people sure seem to be happy with theirs) but my CZ 457 Varmint is terrific, and the two 455's that I have any real experience with are too. I do have a 455 Varmint that didn't impress first time out, but it was only one time and in some swirly wind. I consider that one "TBD". All four rifles are more or less stock - one 455 has a Mr Fly trigger, the TBD 455 Varmint has a Yo Dave kit done by the previous owner.

I'm the kind of guy that likes walnut, and I like the changes on the 457's a lot. I would rather have a walnut & nitride 457 American or Lux over a stainless & plastic T1x. If someone didn't want to have to baby a walnut stock, the 457's can also be had in plastic.

Thats why I figure the CZ 457 is a fair yardstick for a good .22 rifle. There are many fine choices out there though. And truth be told, I wouldn't mind having a T1x in a walnut sporter stock.

I have a CZ457. It came with a .17HMR barrel that is ridiculously accurate. I picked up a stainless .22lr barrel that I have shot on it a bit. Only shot the 22lr. indoors at 20 yards - very accurate even with bulk ammo. The trigger is excellent, the safety is like a M700, fit an finish is nice, price is reasonable. So good in fact that I have considered selling my Savage Anschutz M164 (which was the budget sporter to have in the 1980's) I highly recommend the CZ 457.
Posted By: pacecars Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/28/21
Cooper 57

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/29/21
My Vudoo arrived. Now to find some Lapua ammo.
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/29/21
Would like to get a 17hmr barrel set for my CZ 455
Originally Posted by mrmarklin

Now we’re talkin!
You don’t necessarily need Lapua to reap the benefits tho..
You have any SK? Hell just shoot any decent ammo and you’ll be gettin happy
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21
I don't like the RAR rifles (centerfires), but, handled an RAR 22lr #8301, today and it's going to be, or one like it, coming home with me... It'll get threaded. A selling point is the magazine for sure. I pretty much dislike every other rimfire magazine ever encountered. The chincy stock seems right at home on a 22. LOL Also piecing together a heavy barrel Frankin 10-22.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by pacecars
Cooper 57

[Linked Image from ]

Perfectly proportioned....

Now we’re talkin!

SK is good chit maynard....:

This was "my next rimfire" that I just put together. Sold the factory synthetic stock and barrel on ebay for $170.00 to recoup some of the cost of the new stock and barrel. Pretty good shooter now though. It is not finicky about what I feed it either. The Kidd barrel is a great barrel for the money.
Posted By: 700LH Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21
Kind of watching for a 1956 flat gate Ruger SS, and a Winchester 22 pump model 270, but not looking hard enough to pay Gun Broker prices.
Posted By: K22 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21
Out of the clear blue a Kimber Hunter Classic and 2 Sako P94S are on their way to my house. Didn't see that coming, but they are now my "next rimfire".
Posted By: cooperfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21

I just received mine a week ago as well. I bought a Ravage model with a 20" MTU contour barrel.

Shot it last weekend and can honestly say, I have never shot any rifle as accurate as this. I've had some very nice rimfires in my life, but nothing I've had can shoot like this Ravage. I am probably going to order a Ravin soon in a 17HMR

Attached picture vudoo 2.jpg
Posted By: killerv Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by Mgw619

I bought one for mine and ammo wouldnt feed well worth crap. Ended up throwing it on ebay.
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Mgw619

I bought one for mine and ammo wouldnt feed well worth crap. Ended up throwing it on ebay.

With full disclosure, I'm sure. If not, that shows what type of person you are..
Posted By: mrmarklin Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/01/21

Now we’re talkin!

I have a small amount of SK. I actually have some bulk Lapua Club ammo I bought years ago. It came in a bucket. :-)
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/02/21

Cert,
thats a really nice looking Smith. Esp the Diamond Stocks. I like my Model 18 a lot and it shoots way better than I can.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/04/21
Just bought another S&W 22/32 Kit gun. These old revolvers are quickly becoming addicting LOL
Posted By: MPat70 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/04/21
Couple weeks ago I bought an old Mossberg Chuckster 22mag from kcc here on the Fire. Final found 2 piece offset dovetail scope rings for it. Now just fiddling my fingers waiting for them to arrive. With standard dovetail rings the eye relief is too far forward.
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/04/21
Just bought another S&W 22/32 Kit gun. These old revolvers are quickly becoming addicting LOL

Yep. My recent pre-M43 Airweight buy. I am thinking about a range trip with all of my J-frame RF's this week.

GSPfan: Had occasion over the last 4 weeks to shoot/Hunt with three different 17 WSM Rifles owned by my Varminting friends.
I was so impressed with the accuracy of all three and the lethality of the cartridge in the field I guess I am going to have to "keep up with the Jones's" and get one of my own?
Shot the Volquartsen 17 WSM with high power variable scope and it was OUTSTANDING - but I won't be paying those big dollars for one!
Also shot a whoop-de-do AR platform 17 WSM (I think it was Franklin Arms or Franklin Armory manufactured?) with heavy barrel - the rapid fire and accuracy were again most impressive to me, and surprising.
The third Rifle in 17 WSM I got to use was a good old Ruger 77/17 WSM with heavy barrel.
I think I will seek out one of these - it shot VERY well afield (no range time).
AND.... I keep seeing 17 WSM ammo on the shelves around here - this is a motivating factor for me?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/05/21
VarmintGuy sounds like you have a definite plan. I would opt for the Ruger 77/17 also.
good luck finding one..... it'll take him longer than it did the hornet.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/05/21
good luck finding one..... it'll take him longer than it did the hornet.

Agreed.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/05/21
The quest is part of the fun.
Huntsman: I sure love my Ruger 77/17 Hornet - it was well worth seeking out!
Used the heavy barrel Ruger 77/17 Hornet a bit this past week by coincidence - fantastic gun.
I know the Ruger 77/17 WSM is NOT going to come about on the cheap, but I have been selling off a bunch of Leupold scopes and I am mad money "buck's up"!
Let me know if you hear of one.

GPSfan: I do indeed have a plan and if doesn't offend herr huntsman to much my plan ALSO includes a heavy barrel Ruger 77/17 Mach2, someday, as well!
So many guns - so little time.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: dukxdog Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/15/21
I just got a Cooper 57M Jackson Hunter in 17hmr.
Originally Posted by dukxdog
I just got a Cooper 57M Jackson Hunter in 17hmr.

We need pics and range results.
S&W 34-1 and a 17
Posted By: Craigster Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/15/21
I will be taking possession of a Winchester (Browning/ Miroku) Low Wall 17HMR in the next day or two.
S&W 34-1 and a 17

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GSPfan: Well a nifty little Glock Model 44 (22 L.R. with 4" barrel & 10 shot magazines) followed me home yesterday!
It came into my local gunshop yesterday and is new in the box - it has been months since he has had one of these shipped to him.
Anyway with snap-caps I tried the trigger (okay!) and at what I consider a good price these days ($365.00 - no sales tax in Montana!) I decided what the heck and cashed it out.
Now to decide which of my hoard of ammunitions to try out first.
Got a gunshow next weekend and still have eyes for the Ruger 77/17 WSM heavy barrel.
Did find an unopened box of CCI "Velocitor" ammo (40 grain CHP hollow-points at 1,435 F.P.S.!) at a sale for $6.00 - never tried these before but those are perky numbers, velocity wise, for a 40 grain L.R. bullet!
Anyone familiar with the CCI Velocitors?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/22/21
Congrats on the Glock. I have gotten a S&W M18 and another 22/32 Kit gun. Also a M57 4 inch nickel but it's a 41 mag so it doesn't fit in here.
I stumbled across a Winchester 490 as well. It shoots ok but I still want the Cooper.
Posted By: 44mc Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/22/21
one of those 22mag auto pistols has been on my radar .you don't see none used for sale here so that might be a good thing? I know one guy that bough one and has been happy with it
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/23/21
I think my next rimfire may need to be a Freedom Arms Premier Grade...but I could be wrong...
Tide... you is most assuredly not wrong
GSPfan: After harvesting a BUNCH of Varmints both furred and feathered with my firneds 17 WSM Rifles I am looking forward to getting one of my own.
The rotary magazine of the Ruger rimfires just about sell the Rifles all by itself. Stickin to the plan. I am seeing some 17 WSM ammo on shelves that are barren of all other rimfire ammo! I don't know what that is about but its a good sign - I guess?

huntsman22: I am a VERY patient person - don't YOU worry your punkin head off about me little buddy!
I have great hopes for the gunshow I am attending here in a few days.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/24/21
LGS has an absolutely mint Rem M514 that is tempting me. My best friend as a kid had one.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/25/21
Tide... you is most assuredly not wrong

It's all your fault...if we hadn't been talking about one a while back, I wouldn't have been thinking about one...

I'm gonna have to figure out what barrel length now...
10”.... cause it’s just right!
Will either get a Mark IV or Buckmark when I get a chance. Leaning towards the Mark IV due to ease of disassembly, but I hear a lot of really good things about the Buckmark. This would be my first semi-auto 22 pistol.
Posted By: johno Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/25/21
Bergara BMR in 22 magnum if they down here before I fall off the perch.

You fellas seeing them yet in stores?

Johno
‘Tide.. 10 and 6 for reference
Cooper 57

[Linked Image from ]

You win.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/25/21

You guys are a bunch of enablers...

I would guess that the FA really are that much better than a Ruger Single Six?
Originally Posted by Rolltide

You guys are a bunch of enablers...

I would guess that the FA really are that much better than a Ruger Single Six?

Rolex vs Casio.

Vudoo vs Savage

If you can get the opportunity to hold one, the quality is immediately apparent. Like a Swiss watch when pulling the hammer back.
‘Tide I have a couple or three .22’s and I know you do as well.

I promise you a FA .22 will be an addition to your herd you will not regret.

And I say that taking full well into account the price tag. The quality is evident right off the bat
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/25/21
Right now I'm trying to figure out how to buy a Cooper Custom Classic with a Turkish walnut upgrade in 22 Magnum.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/27/21
Cert and Robert, you've sold me on it...

Now, I just gotta find the one I want.

There aren't many of them out there from what I can tell.

Have you seen any difference in accuracy between the 83 and the 97.
Tide..look at smj sports on gunsamerica
He has 3 or 4 .22’s in stock
I like this one, a 1717 Annie (.17 HMR), with vintage 3-9x40 B&L.

It really likes CCI 17 gr. TNT's.

DF

DF
Dirt that’s a fine looker and a shooter for sure.. but what’s the “next”!!
Well, I was throwing that one out as a suggestion for someone's next.

Another is my Cooper .22LR with Kahles 2-7 rimfire scope. That combo is hard to beat, that scope is hard to find.

Right now, I don't have an itch for another rimfire. But, that's right now. Who knows about tomorrow.

DF

Posted By: dukxdog Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/28/21
Just got an Anschutz 1502 today.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/29/21
The 1502's are fun little rifles Dog!

You're gonna like it!
Posted By: RickF Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 05/29/21
I have no desire for another rimfire rifle. The only thing I want to do rimfire wise is put enough bullets through the barrel of my competition silhouette rifle in the next 20 years to wear out the stainless Benchmark barrel and need to re-barrel it. 10 000 rounds a year should do it. grin
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/02/21
Well I have a Winchester model 490 bought in the early 70’a when they first came out, recently bought three more, so have to get out and try them all.
Today I picked up a Ruger 77/22 SS Al-Weather with the skeleton stock and iron sights. FedEx had it for several days longer than I wanted. It is a 1996 model and appears unfired.

I found a full body synthetic stock for it and bought it. I also orderered an Ernie's trigger spring. The scope is a Simmons 3-9x32, it will be replaced. Afterthat I will see what I have.

The setup lets me practice for my main CF rifles with a gun that has the same controls, etc. I am stoked.
Posted By: DBT Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Dancing Bear
Today I picked up a Ruger 77/22 SS Al-Weather with the skeleton stock and iron sights. FedEx had it for several days longer than I wanted. It is a 1996 model and appears unfired.

I found a full body synthetic stock for it and bought it. I also orderered an Ernie's trigger spring. The scope is a Simmons 3-9x32, it will be replaced. Afterthat I will see what I have.

The setup lets me practice for my main CF rifles with a gun that has the same controls, etc. I am stoked.

Mine shot quite well out of the box.
I’ll be picking up a Left hand Bergara b-14r carbon fiber barreled action as soon as they are available
Posted By: papat Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/03/21
Large group of enablers🤣🤣 Picked up a lightly used Ruger Mk III the other day real cheap.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/03/21
This place is great for that. LOL
Posted By: kragman1 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/04/21
I was wrong - I thought that my next rimfire would be a CZ 457 Lux.
It turned out to be a little '20s or '30s era German boys rifle made by Erma. Pawnshop find.

I should have known better than to try to plan my next rimfire....
Anschutz 54

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]cliffs of moher ireland wallpaper

Mauser MS530B

Colt woodsman match target

The question is... what’s after those?
I'd really like to find a clean Remington Model 513S.
I need to get a Hammerli 208 or 215. They are a hoot to shoot and more accurate than some of the rimfire rifles I’ve owned.
Bought a smith 48 from a gentleman here and have a colt officer model match and a colt police positive target on the way
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/06/21
Well today I traded a pair of Zeiss 8X30 HD Conquest Binos for a Winchester 52b 22LR repro made in Japan. I got the binoculars for sales and while I couldn't resell them I found a great way to trade them towards a rifle that scratches that full size rimfire itch.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/06/21
Certifiable thats a nice M48 you snagged. I have a newer one with the 6 inch barrel. I bought a M18 and a M34 from Chris. in the last couple of months.
Posted By: Hawkibar Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/06/21
Hi guys I been lurking in the shadows long enough. 3 cz 452's 2 Americans 22 lr and 17 hmr . 1 452 22 lr varmint all with trigger kits . All easy 1/2 and better at 50 yards . Truck gun Ruger 10/22 . Marlin 22 mag.Remington speedmaster, tikka t1x 17 hmr just mounted scope range trip tomorrow. Tikka T1x 22 lr waiting on rail and trigger spring . Several different 22lr hand guns. 1963 54 match anschutz 22 lr. 15 weeks in Vudoo v22 s order . Have I got it bad or what . Saving all my match ammo for the Vudoo. If v22 s works probably another Vudoo . And yes my Ruger precision rimfire 22lr I like it . Hell I like all my rimfire . Really never met 1 I didn't like.
Posted By: Muffin Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/06/21
Picked these up over the course of the last several weeks:

Had to do a little work on them.........

The bottom one I will attempt to make a centerfire bolt out of, dedicated to DDs 22GTC project.....

PS: DD I could use a range date to see how they shoot .

Might get an M&P compact pistol, or maybe my first 10/22, finally. Have owned plenty of rimfires but never got around to grabbing one.
Muffin, I appreciate your devotion.

I’m thinking it might be fun to make a .45-70 rimfire.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/10/21
Traded some unicorn ammo that I had no guns for at the lgs for a Remington 580 22LR that had a spot of rust on the barrel. She cleaned up really nice and I am happy for another. I have a Remington 513-T and a Savage 2 but it is always good to get rimfire rifles when you can.
Posted By: rifletom Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/10/21

That's why I'm picking up a CZ 457 "Trainer". With that 25" barrel, it will be plenty accurate for my needs.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/10/21
I've decided to look for a 22 mag. There is a nice CZ on GI. I have no experience with this brand but have read good things.
Posted By: ClayBelt Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/11/21
Think my next one is going to be a Stevens 66. They’ve got one that in rough shape at the pawn shop for cheap and it’s making me consider taking the mechanicals and building it up as something different
Posted By: bowmanh Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/11/21
Just ordered a CZ 457 Varmint MTR. Hoping it will shoot well. I'm putting an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24X50 on it.
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Just ordered a CZ 457 Varmint MTR. Hoping it will shoot well. I'm putting an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24X50 on it.

Setting it up for NRL22?
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/11/21
Originally Posted by T_O_M

In rifles .. looking at the Christensen Ranger. It has the features I want. A buddy has handled one and suggests I wouldn't be happy with it so I should see and handle one before buying. That's hard to do today. Might build a 10/22 but I'm really in the mood for a bolt action.

Handguns .. I just picked up a S&W "Classic" K-22 / model 17. I just mounted a scope today and plan to test some ammo on my next range trip. Thinkin' about a 4-5/8" or 5-1/2" barreled Single Six next.

Tom

I just bought a Christensen Ranger, like it so far. Waiting on a different scope. Haven't shot it a bunch, but easily shots 10 shots in a nice round 1/2" group @ 50 yards when damn wind isn't blowing around here. Bolt is a little tight feeling, but I think it will smooth up with some shooting time.
Colt Officer model match
dayum, that's nice....
1920’s Colt police positive target
Posted By: Sbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
Smith & Wesson model 48 if I can ever find one!
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
There was a nice one sold here a week or so ago.
Last summer I finally found a marlin 39 century at a decent price and have been having fun with that. Does anyone have any experience with a Nula model 20 rimfire? That may be my next rimfire rifle.
Posted By: Northman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
A first year production Brno Mod 2.

Already have a Anschutz 54.18MSR.

Truth!
Posted By: LFC Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
Go for the 4"
Posted By: LFC Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Well today I traded a pair of Zeiss 8X30 HD Conquest Binos for a Winchester 52b 22LR repro made in Japan. I got the binoculars for sales and while I couldn't resell them I found a great way to trade them towards a rifle that scratches that full size rimfire itch.

I've owned a Browning and a Winchester 52 copy......too dang heavy for a hunting .22 rifle The Browning out shot the Winchester but neither was nothing to get excited about.
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21

Oh My.......... that is a beauty. Very likely to shoot as well as it looks. The Diamond Stocks really add to the looks.

Truth!
Posted By: benchman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
A semi auto rifle of some sort, for me. Don't have one presently, but the wife has a 10/22. Looking at the 10/22 Mannlicher, and the Browning SA.
Posted By: Jmbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/12/21
Here’s mine so far for the year. Also picked up a special order Kimber 82 with a shorter length of pull and 20” barrel for my future kid.

Originally Posted by Jmbrown
Here’s mine so far for the year. Also picked up a special order Kimber 82 with a shorter length of pull and 20” barrel for my future kid.

Sweet! Paging Rolltide....
NEXT RIMFIRE! hmmmmmmmm! Henry 44 rim fire comes to mind! Winchester Model 36, 9mm Rim fire! I also like the Remington Rolling Block Pistols, 1891 target model in .22 cal. and .25 cal. intrigue me, tremendously, to name a few!
Posted By: bowmanh Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/13/21
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Setting it up for NRL22?

Yes, I'd like to be able to shoot NRL22 matches with this combo. We'll see how it shoots and how I like the stock.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/18/21
Got a few in mind. S&W 17, 6"; Colt DiamondBack, 4" and a Bergara BMR rifle w/CF barrel if they ever hot the shores of the USA.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/19/21

Wow...that thing is nice!
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/19/21

Sweet! Paging Rolltide....

Enabler.....
Posted By: Ccard257 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/19/21
Just ordered a savage rascal for the boys so I guess that’s my next. After that I’d like to find a stevens 15 to replace the one stolen from my old man long ago.
Escort .22.......China can make a solid .22 .rifle
Pre 18 combat masterpiece
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/27/21
Have a ‘77 Marlin 39A in the pipeline, totally unexpected. Seems pretty pristine, and after checking prices on others, I think I did well.
Posted By: Lslite Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/27/21
I'd be thrilled to find a stainless,4" Ruger Single Six convertable,seems to be a rare beast.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/27/21
Something bolt action, not too heavy & with sights for the grand daughter when they come to visit in about 2 weeks. Those $350 Tupperware Rugers are about all that's around these days. Might be a good fit for her.
my RimX WSM is getting close.....
1955 K-22

Lithgow SMLE
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free image sharing
my RimX WSM is getting close.....

I’d like to see that one hunts.. if I recall you’re happy with the .22 version
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/05/21
Just picked up a M17 with TTT's . It's a pleasure to shoot just like the rest of them.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/05/21
One of the new classics. Model 48-7

.com/gp/132359712@N06/21gB52][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/05/21
I have a 48-7 it's a fun gun thats for sure.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/09/21
1948 vintage K22 Masterpiece.

.com/gp/132359712@N06/7795jr][Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/09/21
Originally Posted by Sbrown

Mine looks just like that- made in 47... I installed a set of target grips for my large hands and it feels a lot better.... easily hit clay pigeons at 50 yards off hand....
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/09/21
My next rimfire is probably going to be a Smith and Wesson Model 41 if I can fit one into my budget before they prices get out of sight...

Beauty!
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/09/21
I am never looking for a particular piece. I buy when it is something that I like, usually somewhat hard to find, and is well priced. These landed over the past couple of years. Who knows what's ahead.

The lower one in the photo.

Posted By: JLimbo Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/10/21
Hey Ed. I think I remember the fourth from the top. A Brno .22 mag maybe? Is it a shooter?
Hammerli 215 arrived today...

Still looking for a left-handed bolt action 22LR for my 11-year-old.
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/11/21
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Hey Ed. I think I remember the fourth from the top. A Brno .22 mag maybe? Is it a shooter?

Yes and yes.
Posted By: purri Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/11/21
Re the Hammerli: I had a 210 Oylimpica in 22 short for Modern Pentathlon competition abt 38 years back,. It never failed!
Posted By: Bob_B257 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/11/21
Ed
that Marlin is a real looker. Nice score on that.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/14/21
High Standard Supermatic Trophy 106 followed me home.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: JB in SC Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/15/21
Recently: a S&W 617-6 6" and a S&W 17-9 Classic, pretty nice for current S&W revolvers. Still looking at a Classic 48 but can't decide if I really want one or not....
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/15/21
I have a 48-7 that I will sell to help fund an older M48 to go with the rest of the Smith's.
I have a 48-7 that I will sell to help fund an older M48 to go with the rest of the Smith's.

Barrel length?
6 inches. Nice gun used very little, just doesn't fit into the collection.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/15/21
Seldom know what the next purchase WILL be. Its most often what happens to catch my eye in the moment......
6 inches. Nice gun used very little, just doesn't fit into the collection.

Appreciate the heads up, I was looking at the 4".
No problem. I saw one on GI a couple of weeks ago. Price was $1025 IIRC.
No problem. I saw one on GI a couple of weeks ago. Price was $1025 IIRC.

Sportsmans Warehouse had them for about $980 early this week but are sold out now. Some of the Classics have been showing up as available lately on their website.
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Seldom know what the next purchase WILL be. Its most often what happens to catch my eye in the moment......

Yep... I dont pick them so much as they pick me
Posted By: Pugs Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
Originally Posted by mcclure

If you've not made a decision by now you've got more will power than me. But if you haven't just go ahead and do it right regardless of what you do.

Colt Officers Match

or a Woodsman of any config.

Posted By: Showdog75 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
As of yesterday I added a Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper to the collection. I've had a hankering for one for a minute.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
I ordered a CZ American in 22 Mag, and bought a sweet pre M18 S&W Combat Masterpiece.
Pugs.. couple of sweet colts there
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
I am currently eyeballing a Nylon 66.
Posted By: wink_man Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
Well there wasn't supposed to be a "next" rimfire but I saw this at my LGS yesterday and it sure as hell followed me home.

Savage model 64 in yep, you guessed it, .22 rimfire.

According to my research first invented and manufactured by Hubert Cooey of Cooey Arms in 1964. When the Cooey plant closed in 1979 employees & machinery moved to Lakefield Arms Company who in turn was bought by Savage.

Savage started manufacturing them in 1995, first year production had no letter designation following the "Model 64" on the barrel and this is a first year production gun. Package gun apparently with no iron sights and a cheap China scope, but the scope isn't bad, surprised me.

Had a little surface rust on the barrel near the receiver, I assume from being stored in a closet with no air circulation but cleaned up easily. Bore scope showed some rust in the barrel also but JB Bore Paste took care of that and I Dyna Bore coated it.

Reviews claim this model has a free floated barrel, but this gun does not, I can get a dollar bill down about a half inch evenly before it stops on both sides of the barrel.

At 96 degrees here with humidity you could cut with a butter knife I'll wait for a better day to go to the range and see how it shoots.
Posted By: JustinL1 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
I’m late to the party here but I just shot my first two NRL type shoots, and I’m relatively hooked. Someone at the shoots has a Bergara that caught my eye, but he’s been having a lot of feeding issues. I’ve been shooting my CZ 452 (with the horrible factory trigger) and not doing horrible. But, I’d like to get something else- I looked at Vudoo’s, but I don’t know if I’m going to go that far into it, yet. I think I’m going to try a CZ 457 Varmint MTR, it seems to have a lot going for it, and if it feeds anywhere as slick as my 452, I’ll be a happy camper. I’m undecided on optics, but I’m thinking any mid range Leupold or Vortex will be fine. I have a 2-7x Leupold rimfire scope on my 452, honestly can’t say I’ve felt too handicapped with the power range, but I definitely would like to have turrets on the new one.
Posted By: m1919 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21
Originally Posted by JustinL1
I’m late to the party here but I just shot my first two NRL type shoots, and I’m relatively hooked. Someone at the shoots has a Bergara that caught my eye, but he’s been having a lot of feeding issues. I’ve been shooting my CZ 452 (with the horrible factory trigger) and not doing horrible. But, I’d like to get something else- I looked at Vudoo’s, but I don’t know if I’m going to go that far into it, yet. I think I’m going to try a CZ 457 Varmint MTR, it seems to have a lot going for it, and if it feeds anywhere as slick as my 452, I’ll be a happy camper. I’m undecided on optics, but I’m thinking any mid range Leupold or Vortex will be fine. I have a 2-7x Leupold rimfire scope on my 452, honestly can’t say I’ve felt too handicapped with the power range, but I definitely would like to have turrets on the new one.

L1'

If you have the means...I would not hesitate to jump into a Vudoo. Not the only game in town...Cooper, Annie, 40X, 52s..all great guns and all very accurate. The Vudoo just does it ALL.

My CZ just sits.
Why do you guys always leave out the RimX..... it rates right up there with the Vudoo?
Why do you guys always leave out the RimX..... it rates right up there with the Vudoo?

Hunts for me the only reason is I simply do not have any experience with one.. you’re is sweet looking and tho I’ve thought hard about it I just can’t justify it as of yet.

You got the WSM together yet?
Not yet. I'm in week 5 of what I was told would be 2 weeks to get it screwed together. So, maybe getting close.....
Posted By: m1919 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/16/21

Hunts for me the only reason is I simply do not have any experience with one.. you’re is sweet looking and tho I’ve thought hard about it I just can’t justify it as of yet.

You got the WSM together yet?

I've nothing against the RimX either....but I can't speak for them in the first hand.

Perhaps if/when that time comes...

Also, don't get me wrong, I appreciate my Annie's, Walther, Cooper's, Kimbers, 40x, 52s, 77/22, etc, etc...

Shot them side by side and share the love.

But I've shot 5 different flavors of Vudoo...and they are CONSISTANTLY without peer.

Come on Hunts...peer pressure more of us into the RimX game!!
4 screw mid 60’s combat masterpiece
5 screw 1955 combat masterpiece
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/23/21
Pre-43 S&W Airweight purchased a few months ago.

my next one shipped. S'posed to be here wednesday....

Mine looks just like that- made in 47... I installed a set of target grips for my large hands and it feels a lot better.... easily hit clay pigeons at 50 yards off hand....

Thrown clay pigeons or just placed somewhere at a distance of 50 yards?
my next one shipped. S'posed to be here wednesday....

What is it? Another Colt Single Action?

To you and the other 22-experts: considering the purchas of a 22 pistol what brand and/or model should be avoided?
nope, it's a RimX 17WSM. Put 'er together today, sighted in with 3 rounds, then 5 rounds into an inch to finish off the mag and took it out hunting to 'break in the barrel'......

Hard not to like that hunts
Posted By: m1919 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/29/21
nope, it's a RimX 17WSM. Put 'er together today, sighted in with 3 rounds, then 5 rounds into an inch to finish off the mag and took it out hunting to 'break in the barrel'......

Very nice...I've a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of this one.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 07/29/21
None, i've got the most beautiful Marlin 39M in the world! LOL
Likely a t1x 16” 22lr. Am a sucker for irons, and down to just one (nice) scoped 22lr., a 452. Have an unused conquest 4x and talleys laying about, so seems only fitting this should happen. Be a no frills shooter.
I've got my eye out to steal a used but well cared for S&W 34 4" and an Anschutz 1710 in .22LR,,,,,

I don't "need" either as I have a S&W 4' 63 and a Weatherby XXII Deluxe made in Italy that do just fine.

it

Very nice looking set up. I have been giving it a lot of thought on building a RimX.
you should. then you can do a vudoo/rimx comp/review

Very nice!
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/11/21
I need a really accurate bolt LR. I've been without one for too long and I am going to be relocating to my squirrel-infested 300 acres of woods soon.

I have an 1897 Cowboy that I just cannot get myself to scope. I did put a Skinner on it, but honestly...I am going to have a problem hitting squirrels reliably past 40 yards with this rifle. I think it will become seed money for an Anschutz or a Cooper or a...........?
Tarbe... throw out a rough budget and you’ll get lots of suggestions
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21

Max $3k for rifle alone.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21
I have a Kimber S series thats a very accurate but it will go down the road as my smith has a Dakota action and I'm going to do a custom build. A Cooper or a Kimber should suit your needs and you'll have a nice rifle to pass down to the kids or family.

I'm sending the FFL today for a S&W M48 22 magnum.
I have a Kimber S series thats a very accurate but it will go down the road as my smith has a Dakota action and I'm going to do a custom build. A Cooper or a Kimber should suit your needs and you'll have a nice rifle to pass down to the kids or family.

Did you pick up that Dakota action from gunbroker a few months ago?
Posted By: hikerbum Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21
Originally Posted by Tarbe

Max $3k for rifle alone.

CZ rifles are just as accurate for squirrels and such as the expensive guns. Buy one or 2 or 3 or 4 for your budget.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21
Well, maybe not quite but I doubt I can make use any added accuracy, in the field anyway. Meanwhile, the 457s are very nice rifles with good features at a fair price. Took them 60 years or so, but they finally got just about everything right.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21

Did you pick up that Dakota action from gunbroker a few months ago?

No my gunsmith bought a bunch of parts from a former employee and there was a rimfire action in that.
Max $3k for rifle alone.

CZ rifles are just as accurate for squirrels and such as the expensive guns. Buy one or 2 or 3 or 4 for your budget.

That's sort of what I did. Got a Tikka T1x a couple of weeks ago and a CZ 457 Varmint should arrive in the brown truck this Saturday - both .22 LR.

Jury is still out on the Tikka. Initial trials with the three brands of ammo I had on hand (Wolf Match Target, CCI AR Tactical and Win. Super-X) showed that it didn't group any better than my 40 year old Kimber of OR Model 82 nor my box stock Ruger 10/22 Tactical - that's the older version with 16" heavy barrel and Hogue rubber stock. All three of them are capable of 50 yard, 10 shot groups in the .4's or .5's with Wolf Match Target and the .5's and .6's with CCI AR Tactical. The Winchester Super-X is good for making noise or tin can shooting and that's all I'll say about that.

The T1 had one failure to feed with some Super-X and ejection is erratic. It ejected all rounds successfully but pulling the bolt handle back with the same force each time it will sometimes throw the empty case out smartly and other times just dribble it out. That was all on the first day of shooting 100 rounds, no failures to feed the second day shooting a bit over 120 rounds - I only used Wolf MT and the AR Tactical so maybe the Super-X was the culprit - but the ejection was still forceful sometimes and dribbly other times with no apparent correlation to which ordinal position the round was in the magazine.

I added an Elay spring to get the pull weight down to 20 ounces and put Tikka's vertical pistol grip on it so it is very shootable and seems to be easier to hit with from a field position than either of the other two, I was dinging my 3" ringer at 100 yards from the kneeling position with boring regularity.

Not damning the thing at all, overall I definitely like the rifle and it's definitely a good shooter but from this sample of one it's not the "super duper head and shoulders better than everything else in its price range" that Tikka's reputation would promise.

In other news, have had that Ruger since 2011 but never really wrung it out side by side like this before. Its factory barrel shot so well I decided to reward it with a Brimstone trigger job and hope to get that back in another week or two.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/12/21

Max $3k for rifle alone.

Yeah, I have heard that from several friends.

I am a sucker for nice wood, classic lines...and accuracy. Cooper seems to put all three together nicely, but all of the Coopers I've seen, that I want, are $4k plus!

A CZ Grand Finale might be nice, but there are only a thousand floating around.

First world problems...

Posted By: drover Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/13/21
Tabre,
I have had three 452 sporters and one varminter, they would all put five shots into one inch at 50 yards, using wind flags and low to medium grade match ammo, My first Tikka T-1 would shoot five shots into one-quarter inch groups with boring consistency unfortunately in a moment of stupidity I sold it, my current one shoots five shots into 3/8 to 1/2" consistently.
My Cooper sporter shoots five shots into 1/4 to 3/8 at the same distances with the same quality ammo.
Just remember with a Cooper whether it is a base model or a highly optioned model the accuracy guarantee is the same - 1/4 inch five shot groups at 50 yards. I have had four 57M sporters through the years and they all met the accuracy guarantee, the only reason for selling any of them was because I found another one with better options.
If you are patient and search gunbroker, gunsamerica, etc there is an occassional pre-owned bargain to be had.

I have found that the same thing that Jim In Idaho mentioned about the Tikka being very shootable from all positions, and mine also dislike Super-X.

Jim In Idaho , The spring is the cartridge "kicker" so pulling the bolt back slowly only allows it to put a "slow or minimum" amount of pressure to kick the cartridge out whereas a normal pull back allows the spring to exert its full force all at once.
I also was discouraged about the accuracy of my second T-1 but at about 250 rounds it began to tighten up groups and it is at the point that it continually amazes me at how good a $500 rifle can shoot

drover
Thanks, thought I was pulling the bolt back the same each time but will pay more attention to it in future. Haven't given up on the accuracy by a long shot since it only has some 220 or so rounds down the tube.

Did you remove the barrel channel filler in yours? I left it in the first day but removed it the second day. Results were a tiny bit better without it but not statistically significant, such a small variation in grouping could be caused by different wind conditions from one day to the next, shooter alertness, whatever. Have left it out for now.

UPS brought some stuff from SWFA and Beretta this afternoon so it's now in its final form - full size recoil pad to get LOP the same as my T3x's, vertical pistol grip and an SWFA SS 10x42 mounted on top. Going out tomorrow to sight in the scope and get my dope for 40, 50, 75 and 100 yards and will see how it goes in a club rimfire silhouette match day after tomorrow.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/13/21
Thanks drover....that is quite the recommendation for the Cooper.

I have been watching GA and GI and will continue to do so!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/13/21
Look at one of the higher grades of the Kimber of Oregon model 82's.
Posted By: drover Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/13/21
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Thanks, thought I was pulling the bolt back the same each time but will pay more attention to it in future. Haven't given up on the accuracy by a long shot since it only has some 220 or so rounds down the tube.

Did you remove the barrel channel filler in yours? I left it in the first day but removed it the second day. Results were a tiny bit better without it but not statistically significant, such a small variation in grouping could be caused by different wind conditions from one day to the next, shooter alertness, whatever. Have left it out for now.

UPS brought some stuff from SWFA and Beretta this afternoon so it's now in its final form - full size recoil pad to get LOP the same as my T3x's, vertical pistol grip and an SWFA SS 10x42 mounted on top. Going out tomorrow to sight in the scope and get my dope for 40, 50, 75 and 100 yards and will see how it goes in a club rimfire silhouette match day after tomorrow.

I have read a couple of other complaints of the kicker not being forceful enough and if I recall correctly the owners complained to customer service and were sent a new magazine box (which contains the kicker) and the issue went away. It wouldn't doesn't cost you anything but a little time or an email to see if they respond accordingly.

I did remove the filler and if there was any difference I could not see it, I reinstalled it.

I too bought one of the vertical pistol grips but it did not work out for me, I have fairly long fingers and it forced my trigger finger too far forward and into the first joint rather than the pad of the finger and I would end up getting some vertical, I reinstalled the more open grip and got rid of the vertical and "rounder" groups.

drover
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/17/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Look at one of the higher grades of the Kimber of Oregon model 82's.

Good advice! smile
No new ones for me I don't think. In fact, I'll probably be putting some up for sale. Life changes and all of that.
Posted By: gunscrew Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/18/21
52 win sporter when I finish it.
Originally Posted by gunscrew
52 win sporter when I finish it.

A nice 52 sporter or 75 sporter is on my list as well...
Max $3k for rifle alone.

That's sort of what I did. Got a Tikka T1x a couple of weeks ago and a CZ 457 Varmint should arrive in the brown truck this Saturday - both .22 LR.

Jury is still out on the Tikka. Initial trials with the three brands of ammo I had on hand (Wolf Match Target, CCI AR Tactical and Win. Super-X) showed that it didn't group any better than my 40 year old Kimber of OR Model 82 nor my box stock Ruger 10/22 Tactical - that's the older version with 16" heavy barrel and Hogue rubber stock. All three of them are capable of 50 yard, 10 shot groups in the .4's or .5's with Wolf Match Target and the .5's and .6's with CCI AR Tactical. The Winchester Super-X is good for making noise or tin can shooting and that's all I'll say about that.

The T1 had one failure to feed with some Super-X and ejection is erratic. It ejected all rounds successfully but pulling the bolt handle back with the same force each time it will sometimes throw the empty case out smartly and other times just dribble it out. That was all on the first day of shooting 100 rounds, no failures to feed the second day shooting a bit over 120 rounds - I only used Wolf MT and the AR Tactical so maybe the Super-X was the culprit - but the ejection was still forceful sometimes and dribbly other times with no apparent correlation to which ordinal position the round was in the magazine.

I added an Elay spring to get the pull weight down to 20 ounces and put Tikka's vertical pistol grip on it so it is very shootable and seems to be easier to hit with from a field position than either of the other two, I was dinging my 3" ringer at 100 yards from the kneeling position with boring regularity.

Not damning the thing at all, overall I definitely like the rifle and it's definitely a good shooter but from this sample of one it's not the "super duper head and shoulders better than everything else in its price range" that Tikka's reputation would promise.

In other news, have had that Ruger since 2011 but never really wrung it out side by side like this before. Its factory barrel shot so well I decided to reward it with a Brimstone trigger job and hope to get that back in another week or two.

When Tikka gets their schidt figured out on the T1x, I may buy one. Accuracy reports are great, but feeding and ejection are not so great. In the type of shooting I do, I need a rifle that functions 100% 100% of the time. In a bolt action, that should be absolutely no problem to attain. Again, guys are going to bet bent out of shape reading this, but when rifles have problems like the Tikka T1x has, I don't ignore it.
An update on the last two new rimfires, the Tikka T1x and a CZ 457 Varmint. I think the ejection problems with the Tikka were my fault, i.e. my statement of pulling the bolt back with the same force each time was not completely accurate. You'd think I'd know how to work a bolt action by now but working the right hand bolt from the left shoulder I was trying to catch the empty cases as they came out and suspect I was pulling the handle back too slowly. Anyway, I've had it out a couple of times since posting my first impression and have had no further failures to feed since the one time the very first day, and while ejection is not quite as forceful as an H&K G3 it is entirely sufficient to throw cases well clear of the action.

Picked up the CZ on Monday, mounted an SWFA SS 10x42 scope that night and took it out Tuesday to try four different types of ammo - CCI AR Tactical, Wolf MT, Win Super-X and a box of Aguila "Super Extra" I picked up at a local store. The CZ really likes the Super-X where the Tikka didn't but we've all seen this before, some firearms like one brand and others don't. Like all of my .22's the CZ loved the Wolf MT and happily it also likes the AR Tactical - that actually gave the best group of the day. Good thing I only bought one box of the Aguila, don't think I'll be buying any more.

Between the two I kind of like whichever one I've shot last. The CZ with the 20" heavy barrel and wood stock feels really solid and the bolt lockup feels a bit tighter. With that nice piece of walnut it's much more aesthetically pleasing than the plastic stocked Tikka, but then I pick up the Tikka and really like the vertical grip and smooth bolt throw. Both have terrific triggers, the Tikka already has a reduced power spring in it and one for the CZ should be arriving in a while. The Tikka has a 10 round mag standard vs. the 5 rounder for the CZ; an extra Tikka mag was easy to find and order but extra CZ magazines are extremely scarce right now.

Accuracy wise they seem equal so far since both are capable of 50 yard 10 shot groups in the lower/middle .4s with the good Wolf ammo and in the upper .4's to lower .5's with the garden variety stuff. Was going to go out this morning and shoot both side by side but the wind is picking up a lot here, will have to wait for calmer conditions to be fair to each rifle.
An update on the last two new rimfires, the Tikka T1x and a CZ 457 Varmint. I think the ejection problems with the Tikka were my fault, i.e. my statement of pulling the bolt back with the same force each time was not completely accurate. You'd think I'd know how to work a bolt action by now but working the right hand bolt from the left shoulder I was trying to catch the empty cases as they came out and suspect I was pulling the handle back too slowly. Anyway, I've had it out a couple of times since posting my first impression and have had no further failures to feed since the one time the very first day, and while ejection is not quite as forceful as an H&K G3 it is entirely sufficient to throw cases well clear of the action.

Picked up the CZ on Monday, mounted an SWFA SS 10x42 scope that night and took it out Tuesday to try four different types of ammo - CCI AR Tactical, Wolf MT, Win Super-X and a box of Aguila "Super Extra" I picked up at a local store. The CZ really likes the Super-X where the Tikka didn't but we've all seen this before, some firearms like one brand and others don't. Like all of my .22's the CZ loved the Wolf MT and happily it also likes the AR Tactical - that actually gave the best group of the day. Good thing I only bought one box of the Aguila, don't think I'll be buying any more.

Between the two I kind of like whichever one I've shot last. The CZ with the 20" heavy barrel and wood stock feels really solid and the bolt lockup feels a bit tighter. With that nice piece of walnut it's much more aesthetically pleasing than the plastic stocked Tikka, but then I pick up the Tikka and really like the vertical grip and smooth bolt throw. Both have terrific triggers, the Tikka already has a reduced power spring in it and one for the CZ should be arriving in a while. The Tikka has a 10 round mag standard vs. the 5 rounder for the CZ; an extra Tikka mag was easy to find and order but extra CZ magazines are extremely scarce right now.

Accuracy wise they seem equal so far since both are capable of 50 yard 10 shot groups in the lower/middle .4s with the good Wolf ammo and in the upper .4's to lower .5's with the garden variety stuff. Was going to go out this morning and shoot both side by side but the wind is picking up a lot here, will have to wait for calmer conditions to be fair to each rifle.

Thanks for the update. Good comparison between the 2. Sounds like they both shoot just fine, as far as accuracy is concerned. So, no "one hole" groups yet though? Seems like you should be getting some with both rifles, if you shoot them enough. Maybe try some other ammo? My Savage single shot will shoot 1/4" targets at 50 yards pretty much on command, but the Tikka sounds like a contender...
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/19/21
I got a quick look at a Tikka at the range last week. They may shoot, but they don’t appeal to me otherwise. My 457 MTR however, is just nice, old-timey nice if that makes sense. Nothing cheesy about it in any way that I’ve discovered so far. Been neglecting it lately whilst chasing other notions, but its turn is coming. Gonna bear down and wring it out.
I bought a T1X a year or more ago. No feeding or ejection problems for me. What I like is the accuracy, and I don’t even shoot the expensive ammo. I put a VX3 with the varmint hunter reticle on it, and the fine cross hair in the scope is ideal for the 22. I put the 9422 and 39A back in the safe.

That said, I sure wouldn’t mind having a Cooper. Beautiful rifles.
I recently bought a Walther KK300 position rifle and turned it into a club BR rifle. Trigger adjustment and a maple BR stock made it a pretty good shooter.
I

I just purchased from a friend a 1913 Anschutz barreled action that he shot in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. It was put up after that as he acquired a Bleiker. I will put it in a Terry Leonard red cedar-Carbon fiber laminate BR stock. I will add a tuner and shoot it in our club shoots.
It might seem lame, but I wanted another Savage FVT, only this time a magazine fed MKII. I ended up buying one today for $400.00 brand new. I won't have it for a couple weeks though, as I have to wait for the stupid background check to clear. The reason I wanted one is because I ended up putting a scope on my MKI FVT for some know your limits shoots my club has been having. Last weekend, we shot paint balls off of golf tees. There's always something different there. Anyway, I wanted another iron sight target rifle, since my other savage now has a scope on it... Will I return it back to irons and scope the new magazine rifle? Maybe...
Bsa... paintballs are good .22 fun
There you go. The way we played it, if you hit the tee, the shot didn't count.. If you hit the stand, which one guy hit it 3 damn times, you were disqualified.. One thing I learned and knew, the 1/2-5/8" paint balls were a lot easier to hit than the 1/4" KYL target.. Also, those paint balls were messy!!!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/22/21
That’s some good shooting 1917. No way in Hell I could do that with irons, ever.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/22/21

Two old guys (even older than me!) at my IWLA have regular dot-shooting matches; one shot each at each dot. They also shoot at little candies. Much of the fun consists of ragging each other during the match. One of them has more .22 rifles than anyone I’ve met, and buys his ammo by the case.
Smith 17-2
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/23/21
Just got a Smith M48-4 22 mag. 6 inch barrel
Just got a Smith M48-4 22 mag. 6 inch barrel

Nice.. I seem to recall you searching for that one
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 08/23/21
Yes I looked for a while for one. I bought a 48-7 and just couldn't warm up to it so I sold it. It's hard to tell this and a pre M14 apart when side by side. I really enjoy these older Smith's
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Two old guys (even older than me!) at my IWLA have regular dot-shooting matches; one shot each at each dot. They also shoot at little candies. Much of the fun consists of ragging each other during the match. One of them has more .22 rifles than anyone I’ve met, and buys his ammo by the case.

Those are the good ol boys. I know guys like that. When I was shooting trap competitively and for money, I met a lot of guys like that. They would buy pallets of ammo.
I found a blurb on FB about Diamondback Arms bringing back the old High Standard Double Nine revolver, they're calling it the "Sidekick",a DA/SA 9 shot revolver, for less than $325, sometime next year.

My first handgun growing up was a Double Nine variant called "The Marshal", and it was a pretty good shooting little wheelgun, I whacked a lot of rabbits and raccoons with it. If Diamondback Arms will do them right and with some semblance of decent quality, I'll pick one up. I like a good, lightweight, handy little revolver, especially if it's DA/SA and nine shots.....

I have a Smith 617, but it's heavy for what it is, I think the Sidekick might be a pretty decent little shooter.
Posted By: pertnear Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/01/21
I already have couple of nice .22's - rifles & pistols. But if I wanted to get another one, it would be Stevens Favorite. The why is just because they are simple, compact & classy. One bullet at a time...
Posted By: Tarbe Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/03/21
I completely blew my $3k rimfire rifle budget by buying two rifles in the past week.

I snagged a nice Kimber 82 off Gunbroker and the Cooper 57 CZNut was selling here.

Wish me luck with the Mrs. grin
Posted By: swag Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/04/21
Out of the blue, came across two that I could not resist! Went in for something else and these called to me…

Ruger 22/45 mk2
Mauser ES340B

Already put a Volquartsen trigger and sear in the 22/45. Nice clean trigger that breaks at 1.5lbs. The Mauser is in the process of getting a deep cleaning. Can’t wait to shoot both.
Swag you’re gonna love that Mauser
1926 Colt
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I found a blurb on FB about Diamondback Arms bringing back the old High Standard Double Nine revolver, they're calling it the "Sidekick",a DA/SA 9 shot revolver, for less than $325, sometime next year.

My first handgun growing up was a Double Nine variant called "The Marshal", and it was a pretty good shooting little wheelgun, I whacked a lot of rabbits and raccoons with it. If Diamondback Arms will do them right and with some semblance of decent quality, I'll pick one up. I like a good, lightweight, handy little revolver, especially if it's DA/SA and nine shots.....

I have a Smith 617, but it's heavy for what it is, I think the Sidekick might be a pretty decent little shooter.

I’ve owned 3 AR-15’s made by Diamondback Arms.
Their quality, accuracy, and reliability has been outstanding !
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/25/21
This thread has been eating away at me, mainly because I can't necessarily think of a specific rimfire I'm looking for.

Certifiable and Robertham1 have been putting the sell job on me for a Freedom Arms and I can see me owning one before long...but I'm a rifle guy way before I'm a handgun guy.

Which lead me to this question...

If a guy were looking for a nice falling block rifle in 22 LR, what would you go with?

Maybe an 1885, or is there another option out there?

This seems like it would be totally impractical...and yet I do believe I need one...

Help me out, which one would you recommend?
Tide...I am also a rifle guy first and if I can put aside my preferences to make hasty and costly decisions so can you

That being said, it seems a Dakota 10 is what you need. Buy one, and make me forever jealous and resentful
Posted By: Jmbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/25/21
Tide...I am also a rifle guy first and if I can put aside my preferences to make hasty and costly decisions so can you

That being said, it seems a Dakota 10 is what you need. Buy one, and make me forever jealous and resentful

That’s the first thing that popped into my head too. I love my Model 10 and I’ve wanted to get one in 22 to go with it. That would be an amazing little rifle. I have a Dakota 22 already so I think it needs a single shot brother at some point.

But yes Rolltide you do need a Freedom Arms too. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/25/21
This thread has been eating away at me, mainly because I can't necessarily think of a specific rimfire I'm looking for.

Certifiable and Robertham1 have been putting the sell job on me for a Freedom Arms and I can see me owning one before long...but I'm a rifle guy way before I'm a handgun guy.

If a guy were looking for a nice falling block rifle in 22 LR, what would you go with?

This seems like it would be totally impractical...and yet I do believe I need one...

Pretty hard to beat a modern Low Wall in the world of falling block .22's. A buddy and I used mine recently to nail bugs crawling around on the 50yd target backer. I drilled/tapped it to take Unertl target mounts. (Even though modern built it's a retro looker and I felt it needed retro optics.)
Posted By: Big Stick Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 09/26/21
There's a K22 HS enroute..............
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/02/21

I had to do some looking to find much on that one...which leads me to ask...

What did I do to you? lol

That's one incredible rifle, but I'd buy a Canyon Creek 1727 Anschutz before I'd spend that much.

Although, you never know when one may make its way to the house!

That’s the first thing that popped into my head too. I love my Model 10 and I’ve wanted to get one in 22 to go with it. That would be an amazing little rifle. I have a Dakota 22 already so I think it needs a single shot brother at some point.

But yes Rolltide you do need a Freedom Arms too. I guarantee you won’t regret it.

You guys have had me looking at the Freedom Arms more than I ever have before.

Is the action job needed?

I've been going back and forth on barrel length, a second cylinder in 22 WMR but I do believe the black Micarta grips are a necessity...
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Pretty hard to beat a modern Low Wall in the world of falling block .22's. A buddy and I used mine recently to nail bugs crawling around on the 50yd target backer. I drilled/tapped it to take Unertl target mounts. (Even though modern built it's a retro looker and I felt it needed retro optics.)

I found a Miroku that looks great, but have just started looking...
Posted By: antero Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/02/21
Might start looking for a S&W 63 or a Ruger SP101. Getting the desire to try a revolver. Unfortunately the only 22 revolvers I ever see in stores are Rough Riders and Ruger Wranglers.
The S&W 63 is a great little revolver but it's hard to argue against the SP101 as well.
If there is anything I can do that would help motivate you to take the freedom arms leap, just let me know
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/03/21
A coworker was a mint Marlin 880 he wants to sell, and been thinking hard about if I want it or not. I could get it for $200.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/03/21
Well mine is a NOS Rem 572.
Kinda sorta.
Found a pre 68 receiver and buttstock never assembled.
LOL
Posted By: antero Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/03/21
The S&W 63 is a great little revolver but it's hard to argue against the SP101 as well.

That's what I'm reading... now I've just got to find one!
Posted By: AKduck Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/04/21
CZ American.
Posted By: Jmbrown Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/04/21

You guys have had me looking at the Freedom Arms more than I ever have before.

Is the action job needed?

I've been going back and forth on barrel length, a second cylinder in 22 WMR but I do believe the black Micarta grips are a necessity...

As for the action job I’m not sure. Mine doesn’t have it and it’s still amazing. If I was ordering one though I would probably get it cause it definitely couldn’t hurt. I would definitely get the 2nd cylinder in 22 mag. I’m going to send mine back at some point and have it done. I think the black micarta are a necessity too. They look so much better than the red laminated ones in my opinion. I’m on the list with Rob Rowen to have some custom grips made for it now too though. I bought mine 2nd hand but still NIB so I wasn’t able to select all the options I would have if I had ordered new but there’s not much that I would have changed. If you can find somewhere to go hold one and play with it some you will be sold on it, I know I was.
Posted By: wink_man Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/07/21
There wasn't supposed to be another .22 after the Savage 64 back in this thread a ways, but then this one followed me home from my LGS.

Marlin 25N in 22 rimfire with a cheap Tasco Pronghorn 3X9 scope. Date code says it is 1999 vintage and not a scratch or mark on the wood or bluing, looks brand new. Bought it over the phone with a credit card and was surprised at just how clean it was when I picked it up at the LGS, I was expecting a few nicks, etc.

It's a nice match to my Marlin 25MN in .22 Magnum which is 1998 vintage. Both original Marlins and JM stamped.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/07/21
Oops, another .22 followed me home..........

TC G2 with match 10"

Posted By: WiFowler Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/07/21
Mossberg 44 or 144 w/peep sights is on the list, if I can ever find one in decent condition and reasonably priced. Bergara BMR w/CF bbl is also on the list if they ever make to the LGS.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/07/21
My buddy bought a Christensen?
Waiting for a report.
That thing was LIGHT
Posted By: WiFowler Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/08/21
Fondled the Christensen Ranger - wasn't impressed in any way, shape or form.
Posted By: DCR48 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/16/21
I think a Bergara BMR would be next.
Originally Posted by DCR48
I think a Bergara BMR would be next.

I like what I've read about them, but I haven't actually seen one in the flesh yet. Are they on shelves, yet?

What is BMR magazine like? My Tikka magazine seem to work just fine, but it sure looks and feels cheap. I hope the Bergara has a better magazine.
Posted By: PennDog Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/17/21
Just got a Volquartsen Black Mamba and can’t say enough good things about it - extremely accurate, functions flawlessly, seems very well built and hopefully very reliable?

PennDog
Well, I said I was going to get it. Saw it last February, on my trip to Nevada and finally decided to stop by the little gunshop where it was hanging on the wall. I bought it in hopes it was going to be accurate like my single shot MKI FVT. This one is magazine fed and it has a matte finish. I kind of wished it had a nice gloss blue finish like my single shot, but it is showing promise for how it's been shooting:

Here are some of the first groups shot with the rifle. I like to keep track of rounds down the barrel, so targets are labeled as such:

Most recent target I shot with it:

Its not the prettiest rifle, but that's the one I wanted and It looks like it's going to be a good shooter.. Great thread by the way. A lot of very nice rifles and pistols you guys have on your bucket list..
Posted By: leomort Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/18/21
I decided to slum it with Ruger 10/22 that I went to trick out just for the fun of it. A left handed safety from Pike Tactical, Some tandem cross parts, tactical solutions x-ring thread barrel, etc. When I get it back I want to get a suppressor for it.
Originally Posted by leomort
I decided to slum it with Ruger 10/22 that I went to trick out just for the fun of it. A left handed safety from Pike Tactical, Some tandem cross parts, tactical solutions x-ring thread barrel, etc. When I get it back I want to get a suppressor for it.

If you are left handed, you should check out the new left hand 10-22. They are pretty slick..
Posted By: Jim2914 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/19/21
Anyone looking at the Ruger Precision rifle in 22 or 22 mag?
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/19/21
I am currently eyeballing a Bergara B14R. There 10-22 piece is of interest as well.
Huntsman, do you brand your own leather? That looks awesome.
Posted By: leomort Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/20/21
BSA,

That left handed Ruger 10/22 looks interesting. However, I had traded into my current Ruger 10/22 back in Fall 2019 with intentions for it to be used by my right hand wife. I was trying to convince her into trying a local rimfire shoot that my sportsman club held every Tuesday night

We moved before we could get involved and she has lost interest. So I decided to make it my range toy and trick it out. Not sure when Ruger came out with their lefty version?
Mfg 1919 mother of Pearl grips
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]greenshot screen capture
hubbahubba..... 2 nice 'uns, cert. That Bullseye is to die for.....
Thanks hunts....
I’ve been looking for a nice bullseye for a good while

It wasn’t exactly cheap but with the way things are going $$ I don’t really care if I overpaid by a coupe hundo...In a month or so it won’t matter

Last one...1972 mfg
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]madalina diana ghenea wallpapers
cuzzins.....

That’s what I’m talkin bout hunts...
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/29/21
A Bergara B14R is due Wednesday next week.
I’d like to hear your review on the rifle Ed
Posted By: jdunham Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 10/29/21

Don, what is the barrel you have on that rifle? Thinking I am going to have to have one of those.
18 inch Lilja m-24
Was considering a Bergara BMR, but none in stock anywhere nearby. While looking I came across this little Savage FV-SR which has some of the same features as the Bergara. Namely, 16.5 " threaded barrel, scope rail, 5.5 lb weight,etc. I assume the Bergara has a better stock, but this will be a knock around, keep in the truck gun so... Anyhow, at almost half the price of a Bergara and available right now, I brought it home and mounted a Burris FFII 3-9x40 that needed a home.

Posted By: Pugs Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/18/21
The next one will hopefully be here inside a week but the one that arrived yesterday has a been a quest for me for a bit.

Series 2 (1955) Woodsman Match Target in the 4 1/2" barrel. Much nicer shape than the workbench top picture shows.

I picked up my 'next' a few days ago.

It's a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with the 5.5" bull barrel. I'm liking it, especially the simple takedown.

Posted By: Exchipy Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/19/21
Originally Posted by Jim2914

Yes.

10 rounds LAPUA Midas+ from Ruger Precision Rimfire with Leupold 3-15x44 set at 23-1/2 MOA above 50 yard zero on 6” steel at 200 yards.
Posted By: CamNWIA Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/19/21
Just picked up my next rimfire on a local auction. Sako Quad in .22 WMR. Haven't had it to the range yet but it is very light and points easily. Hope it shoots just as well.
Originally Posted by 4MERCHP
Originally Posted by Jim2914

Yes.

10 rounds LAPUA Midas+ from Ruger Precision Rimfire with Leupold 3-15x44 set at 23-1/2 MOA above 50 yard zero on 6” steel at 200 yards.

I've got the Ruger in 22LR. Lots of adjustability. I've got the SWFA 10X Milquad on top. 20 moa base over the issue 30 moa rail gives it long legs for plinking fun.

Thought I was done buying rimfires for a while but I found a British rook rifle that had been converted to 22 lr that is currently on its way to my ffl!
unfired just too nice to shoot

There is no such a frigging thing.......

This
Posted By: leomort Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/20/21
I'd like to update my choices. I mentioned in my previous post that I picked up right handed Ruger 10-22 and did upgrades to it which was fun.

My next 22lr purchase(s) I'd like to get would be S&W M&P 15/22 and Ruger MkIV 22/45 variant of some kind.

I may or may not have a 22lr addiction that I'm not confessing too, lol! Hope that I'm in good company! smile
15-22's rock.....

Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/20/21
Went into Wally World yesterday to see what ammo they had. Decided to check out a 10/22 they had there for $209 as I wanted one for my youngest. Had some surface rust on the bolt so they let me have it for $150. Grabbed a couple boxes of Federal Automatch as well. By last night I had bought a Magpul x-22 stock, scope, Kidd ULW barrel, VQ extractor and target hammer kit. So much for saving money!
Posted By: 222Sako Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/20/21
Went in to my LGS to pick up a 6 Creedmoor that I had ordered and they had this sitting on the consignment rack.
Always wanted a T Bolt as a kid; had a best friend whose dad had one. This one is nowhere near pristine, but I bought it for shootin', not collectin'
And it definitely is showing potential with the first two groups I fired thru it. 10 shots in each group; 35 yards or so. Group in front of the scope is Winchester bulk pak 333 white box 36 gr hollow points. The group up in the top left corner by the NRA stamp is Federal Gold Medal Match. Only had a front rest to shoot off, no rear rest except my elbow and hand. And considering the scope isn't exactly a target scope, I pretty happy with my find.

Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Went into Wally World yesterday to see what ammo they had. Decided to check out a 10/22 they had there for $209 as I wanted one for my youngest. Had some surface rust on the bolt so they let me have it for $150. Grabbed a couple boxes of Federal Automatch as well. By last night I had bought a Magpul x-22 stock, scope, Kidd ULW barrel, VQ extractor and target hammer kit. So much for saving money!

Lol. smile

Sounds like it will be a nice setup when you get done with it.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/22/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Lol. smile

Sounds like it will be a nice setup when you get done with it.

I hope so! Bunnies should take hell when it's done. Now I just need a few more parts to show up!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Ptarmigan, you're going to love that Kidd barrel.
Posted By: Muffin Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/22/21
Ptarmigan, if you end up with a plain jane bolt that you don't know what to do with, I need one.....
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/22/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Ptarmigan, you're going to love that Kidd barrel.

I hope so! I've never heard one bad thing about them so I'm sure it will a nice upgrade.

Originally Posted by Muffin
Ptarmigan, if you end up with a plain jane bolt that you don't know what to do with, I need one.....

If I had a spare I'd send it to ya!
Posted By: Exchipy Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/23/21

Similar setup, but with a Volquartsen carbon fiber tension barrel on a BRN-22 action:

Shoots pretty good, too:
LAPUA Center-X from BRN-22 with Burris Veracity 2-10x42 on 6” steel at 200 yards.

Posted By: gunscrew Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/23/21
win 9422 mag from a friend won't get it till after Christmas
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/27/21
Finished up my boys 10/22 today. Stock receiver and bolt, VQ ejector, VQ target hammer and springs, I polished the sear, modded the bolt release to auto, Kidd ULW barrel, and a Magpul stock. Almost feel guilty with the cheap Burris scope, but it is what it is. Should be a fun little gun for him. I’ll add that my trigger job made for a better trigger than the BX, which I have on another 10/22. Of course that’s just my opinion, but it’s all I have to go off of.

A bolt 22 magnum of some sort.
Posted By: JRS3 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 11/27/21
Hoping for a Volquartsen Mini Mamba whenever they come out again.
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/21/21
Now have four 10/22 rifles, one i bought back around 1982, one i bought recently in a gray synthetic stock and two that just arrived i won in an auction, will be interesting to see how they all do.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/22/21
Just picked up a S&W M41 5.5 inch barrel. Put some CCI Std velocity ammo through it no issues. This one dates to the early 80's and has an A prefix to the serial number
Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/23/21
I’d like to hear your review on the rifle Ed

I took it out yesterday and it performed pretty well. Just multiple five shot groups at 50 yards with various SK stuff. Imgur is not working for me so I can't post photos. While the trigger is pretty nice I am going to see what I can do with it.
Posted By: DeWman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/23/21
Bought a Bergara BMR, steel addition. Thinking of a DAM suppressor.
Posted By: Tip926 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/26/21
Vudoo.
Posted By: winfw01 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/28/21
my next gun will probably be a Henry Goldenboy levergun though not sure if 22LR or 22 mag.
Originally Posted by Tip926
Vudoo.

Report back on your thoughts

I’m betting you won’t be disappointed
Posted By: 338reddog Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 12/29/21
Who knows, I like vintage ones and never know what I will run across. I am hoping for a Win 63 and 61 in both LR and Magnum.
I am thinking about thinking some of mine
Don’t think I need three target guns
Win 52B
Win 75
Rem 513 T ( although I have a sporter to be companion).
I really like the 75 more than the 52, it’s a nostalgia thing because with the limited testing the three group almost the same.
Jeff
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/04/22
Well I received my third 10/22 a bit ago and now have four of them, and today the Ruger 77/22 in 22 long rifle showed up!

I opened the box but have not gone over it yet, it looks nice for a pre-owned auction buy, not sure when I will get out to shoot it, but am looking forward to it.
Originally Posted by 338reddog
Who knows, I like vintage ones and never know what I will run across. I am hoping for a Win 63 and 61 in both LR and Magnum.
I am thinking about thinking some of mine
Don’t think I need three target guns
Win 52B
Win 75
Rem 513 T ( although I have a sporter to be companion).
I really like the 75 more than the 52, it’s a nostalgia thing because with the limited testing the three group almost the same.
Jeff

The 75's are a lot of Fun to shoot like the others, but also very accurate!
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/05/22
Hoping my model 63 Winchester arrives soon, to go with my 1903 Winchester 22 auto.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/05/22
Dialed in the Vudoo with the Eley edge...Not a brand new purchase but glad I own it...first time putting Geco semi auto through the 1022 after a barrel switch (shilen) purchased from a member here awhile back, Hoge stock and trigger work done by a friend....Oh and a new set of eyes post surgery last winter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That’s a great group for 100 with that ammo👍🏼

Put some match or tenex thru it and I’ll bet it improves a bit..

Also give it some upper end lapua and you’ll be shïttin in tall cotton!
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/06/22
Funny enough I did just that...2 ten shot groups with Eley Tenex and two with Lapua Midas...all 4 groups were a larger. Good excuse to go back to the range and try it all over again.
Might have been me, I'm having issues with focus after awhile shooting. My eye surgeon says its a dry eye thing and he might have a fix. I have an appointment in the next couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Funny enough I did just that...2 ten shot groups with Eley Tenex and two with Lapua Midas...all 4 groups were a larger. Good excuse to go back to the range and try it all over again.
Might have been me, I'm having issues with focus after awhile shooting. My eye surgeon says its a dry eye thing and he might have a fix. I have an appointment in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be very interested in what your doc does for the dry eye. I'm having the same problem after the same surgery.

Congrats on the Vudoo, BTW!
Posted By: killerv Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/06/22
I picked up a tube fed win model 77 the other day, pretty dang good condition, a little elbow grease and it should be ready to roll and look great.
Posted By: Otter Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/07/22
Apparently, this one . . .

While searching for info to find DOM for a rifle my FIL gave me before he passed . . . in 1995. I completely forgot about it and have never shot it. Found it in the safe, way in the back. while looking for another rifle I hadn't seen in a while (found it, too,.BTW.

Remington Model 24, 22LR, manufacture date code is RW (1924, Aug). Bore is bright and in pretty good shape overall. Now I need to continue to clean it up and get it out and run some LR sub-sonics through it.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/08/22
A CZ 452 22 mag is on it's way. Should be here next week
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/09/22
Still waiting for my Winchester 63, but dropped into the local gunsmith Weber & Markin GunSmiths and walked out with a Winchester model 250 short, long, long rifle lever action made from 1963 until 1973 I believe, got to stop buying stuff.
Posted By: DV_Ramrod Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/09/22
A Vudoo Sinister is on its way.. Hopefully all the reviews are correct.
I doubt you’re be disappointed
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/11/22
My model 63 arrived, looks in great shape, have to look up serial number to see how old it is.

It appears mine was made in 1950
Posted By: DV_Ramrod Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/15/22
The Vudoo arrived. Looking forward to ringing this out. Just awaiting an Arken SH4 Gen 2 4-16x. Between the 20 MOA in the rail, 20 MOA in the ERATAC mount, and 123 MOA max available in the scope, I should be able to stretch it out some.

Originally Posted by Partsman
My model 63 arrived, looks in great shape, have to look up serial number to see how old it is.

Definitely a cool factor to the 63’s. Hopefully it’s not too picky in cycling ammo
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/16/22
DV R... You will be smiling....I promise !
I’ve kind of got a hankering for a Henry lever .22. I’ve got a crazy accurate CZ452 and just built my boy a 10/22 with top of the line parts. Feels like I have a lever gun hole.
Posted By: DV_Ramrod Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/16/22

Hoping so. The recommended Lapua Center X ammo seams to be pretty dry these days…
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/16/22
Originally Posted by Partsman

Definitely a cool factor to the 63’s. Hopefully it’s not too picky in cycling ammo

Yep, have a 1903 they look similar, but the 1903 uses 22 auto ammo and it is pricey, so now can have fun shooting cheaper ammo.
Posted By: stegner Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 01/18/22
Was looking to grab a rimfire semi auto pistol. Have had bad luck with Rugers lately, might give the S&W Victory a try. They're so ugly that they almost look cool...
ugly is, as ugly does......

Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/01/22
My new to me Winchester 1885 arrived at my local shop yesterday and with any luck, I'll be able to get by there today to pick it up.
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/01/22
Like to find a Mark XXII Weather-Schutz bolt .22 LR

Just having a hard time finding one that doesn't require a mortgage.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/01/22
Just picked up a S&W M617 6 incher.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/01/22
Cheapie . Local shop has the Ruger Wrangler for 179 . Gonna pick up one just to mess with
I've got my eye on one of the Henry Youth .22 lever actions.
Posted By: killerv Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/03/22
Originally Posted by InternetGuru
I've got my eye on one of the Henry Youth .22 lever actions.

I bought one for my son. Nice little gun. The lever metal is quick to rust though.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/11/22
Hot off the press. Vudoo Kukri 20" Hummer and a glass mentioned above,though Mil/Mil. Hint.

Hoping the MPA Custom inlet Altitude arrives soon,but will dump it into a Terrain,until then.Needs a 60 MOA rail,to help burn up the 36 Mil's of erector and (12) more on the etched windshield. Hint..................

Thought I had an extry 60MoMo kicking around,but nope. Anywhoo...problem solved..............

Set the Jewell at 6-ish ounces and it's ready to roll. Hint.

Rather Skookum as configured,despite that not being the original plan. Hint...............
Had the vudoo HMR out the other day and a fella took it upon himself to let me know his savage in hmr put em in the literal same hole at 100.

Looks like I need to find a sucker and trade up to the savage.
I LOVE schit like that and undoubtedly that "Precision" Salvage had the mounting system and glass,to arrange same! Hint.(grin)

If the Vudoo Hummer even begins to crowd my Annie 54 1717D HB,I'll be on Cloud Nine. Hint.

I've yet to see a Salvage hang with either of my Garrow Hummer Krunchentickers,let alone my 77/22 wearing the Clark LW spout in a MacaMillion. Though it never ain't not hilarious,to let folks "convince" themselves that their Imagination and Pretend are "REAL". Hint. LAUGHING!

People crack me THE fhuqk up!......................
Posted By: Buzzaw Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/11/22
Big Stick, there is a new Vudoo in the classifieds you might like. It would fit in perfect with your sweet collection.
It’s no savage, but The Vudoo shoots.

Haven’t shot the leupold scoped Annie yet, but will soon. Comparing the three may end up being a fools errand.

Posted By: EdM Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/12/22
Originally Posted by DV_Ramrod

Hoping so. The recommended Lapua Center X ammo seams to be pretty dry these days…

Where are you. My LGS has Lapua Center X.
I would like to locate a cz 452 varminter.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/12/22
The Kali Krew is always styling and I'll let the Reupold slide. Hint.(grin)

As an aside for The Droolers,452's are fhuqking junk. Hint.

Just fhuqking saying. Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

I have a Sako Quad so it’s right up there with the 452, and can hang with Anschutz but Anschutz typically has the edge.
Somebody accuse me of stylin..???
Posted By: Sheister Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/12/22
Had the vudoo HMR out the other day and a fella took it upon himself to let me know his savage in hmr put em in the literal same hole at 100.

Looks like I need to find a sucker and trade up to the savage.

Since you were at the range I would think it would be fun to challenge him to prove his assertions... might be entertaining...
Posted By: Vegasred Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/12/22
Those are both some good looking guns
Pre war Geco 37 single shot
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]claymore helen
Posted By: bhoges Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/13/22
I have so many but I can't stop. I have several Anschutz match rifles, Vudoo, Rugers, Mossberg, Marlin 39, Kimber 82 custom classic and gov and many more. I just ordered a Volquartsen Summit in 17 Mac2. Looks like a cool rifle.
Have a KIDD .22 and love it. Always wanted to try a VQ in wsm but it seems that ship has sailed
Can never predict the next one, but the last one was pretty plebian compared to the high falutin' iron you guys are showing. wink

Got a new take off Ruger Mark IV target barrel from Volquartsen that pops right on the frame of the Standard purchased a couple years ago. Detailed my first shots with it in the handguns forum.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/13/22
I dunno. The last ones I saw in person at an LGS were a couple of soulless Bergaras the probably shoot like crazy but have zero visual appeal, and a very cute SS 10/22 mannlicher that likely shoots minute of cottontail on a good day. I have a few decent ones; guess I’ll stay with those for now and just shoot ‘em.
Posted By: Mike78 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/13/22
Browning SA-22 if I can find one.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/13/22
I am thinking Korth.

Maybe another one of these.

Attached picture IMG_2352 (1).jpg
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/16/22
I await the big brown truck that will have a Cooper M57 Western Classic. Should be here Friday
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/18/22
Not sure the next one now, as i ended up buying more Win 490's, more 10/22's, a win 275, a win 62, a win 63 a Ruger 77/22 in long rifle and one in 22 hornet, and now a Rossi Model 62, all in the last month or so, so every time i think i am done I find more, working on a win 255 in 22win mag, and a model 90 also. Plus a Browning Trombone in 22 lr, and there is another 10/22 coming up in an auction next month or so.
I am probably done buying .22 any thing. I have my old Remington single shot dad bought me for 15 bucks long ago and learned to shoot with it when I was 8. Then couple years later he got me a Remington tube fed semi auto that I still have, it never improved my marksmanship and I was always scrounging up money for a 25 cent box of .22 shorts.

Years ago I picked up a very good made in Belgium Browning T-Bolt and stuck a 2-7 Leupold rim fire scope on it, that I leave on 6 power. It shoots plenty good for me and our local spruce grouse. Every year before moose season I try to shoot a few hundred rounds off hand with it from 25 to 75 yards. I am convinced it has helped me kill moose that require a quick shot before disappearing into the brush.

A few years ago I picked up a take down Ruger 10-22 and put a 4 power Leupold Rimfire scope on it and a different trigger. My grandsons really like the 110 round drum magazine. I hardly ever shoot it and prefer the T-Bolt.

But, the regret I have is letting the little Browning lever action .22 go that was made in Japan. I had and old 4 power Redfield scope with a 3/4 inch tube on it. I shot 14 ptarmigan, 4 spruce and one ruffled grouse with it one evening in early September.

It was a petite little .22 that shot better then it should have with CCI Standard Velocity Mini Mags. A joy to carry and shoot and I let my self get traded out of it. Woe is me.
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/19/22
Yep I picked up a used BL-22 awhile back and it is a great rifle.
It and my Belgian browning SA-22 are some of my favourites.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/20/22
Once I found my Annie 1416 with sporter 22in bbl I have no need for any other 22lr !
Posted By: Big Stick Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/20/22
Thezero,

If ONLY you'd seen something good. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: Big Stick Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/20/22
A few. Hint................

Posted By: Wddotts3 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/25/22
Interesting 457's are on my radar
Posted By: Partsman Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/26/22
Well my latest 22 came in today, a Rossi 62, figured i would get it and not have to shoot my winchester 62 as much.
Sweet little rifle, shoots well, i think it will be fun.

Just waiting on my winchester 275 in 22 mag to arrive, hope it is as fun.
Posted By: GSPfan Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/27/22
Bought a CZ 452 in 22 mag and a Cooper Western Classic.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/27/22
My lovely wife gave me a Ruger 10/22 LVT for my birthday. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 02/28/22
Not actively looking for one, but if a Browning or Winchester 52 reproduction pops up at the right time, it might find a new home.
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 03/01/22
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Not actively looking for one, but if a Browning or Winchester 52 reproduction pops up at the right time, it might find a new home.

Be careful on that one...after what I saw one sell for on Gunbroker last night, my Browning 52 is about to get listed.

Over $2,000 on the last one of two I've seen...

Stuck some gray/black G-10's on the new baby browning. It'll match up better with the Sybil-ings....

Posted By: pacecars Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 03/05/22
Freedom Arms 97 is next on the list
Posted By: Rolltide Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 03/06/22
Freedom Arms 97 is next on the list

Unless I buy something before Wednesday, that's what my next one will be...unless UPS / FedEx screws something up...
Posted By: pacecars Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 03/06/22
I just put the FA97 on layaway. 5 1/2” barrel, .22 LR/.22 Mag with black Micarta grips
1972 model 41 7 3/8”
1954 .22/32
1954 .22/32

That’s Sweet !!! I used to have one of the Airweught versions. Let a good friend talk me out of it. Still regret it.
Early to mid 30’s k-22 outdoorsman
Nice.. I have all the rimfires I will ever want. Barring something really unique coming along.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Nice.. I have all the rimfires I will ever want. Barring something really unique coming along.

Same here WCH, it’s that pesky unique thing coming along that conspires against me
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/03/22
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

I certainly have all I need, and oughta be shooting them instead of adding to the pile. Doing some upgrades. New trigger, sight base, and slide loop for the Victory, trigger spring and magwell for the 457. Always futzing around swapping scopes, red dots etc.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: What's You Next Rimfire? - 06/03/22
My latest "next rimfire" Ballard Pacific somebody converted to .22 rimfire. My plan was to re-convert back to centerfire, but I made the mistake of shooting the donor. It shows promise after only one short range session.

50 & 100 yards. (I just had to wreck a fairly decent 5-shot 100 yard group by starting to make it a 10-shot group, as usual, haha!)

© 24hourcampfire