Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shaman
Back in.

@0900, I had a gob come out of Hootin' Holler and started closing on me. He got within 30 yards and I got my gun up. I was waiting for him to clear some bushes. A few minutes later, he appeared 90 deg off to my right. He circled around below me, and popped up just above the grass. He caught me moving my barrel around and left.

It turns out everyone else had seen him as well. He's started the morning about a 1/4 mile away on the east side of the property. He came around Angus' blind and then took off towards Moose's blind 500 yards away. Moose saw him come up out of the hollow and then veer off towards me.

No aches or pains. I'm feeling blessed.

There ya GO! Defend that FORT!!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I thought you self-proclaimed Shaman types had all the answers. Between this and the 'what do I do about my well' thread, I believe a handle change is in order...

Don’t forget the “why did my lawn mower tire blow up after I filled it with too much air.”

The mystery remains.....

laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Taking all at face value, I remembered this case for its possible apparent similarity:

A young women came to the surgeon via her family doc complaining of vague abdominal pain for some time (I don’t remember the length of time). X-rays were read as negative. I can’t recall if an MRI was done but all physical exams and a barium enema, etc were also read as negative.

Finally, at a loss as to the problem the surgeon decided to do a diagnostic laparoscopy — putting small instruments into her abdomen via a couple small wounds after the abdomen is inflated to give room to work, one a camera and another to manipulate soft tissues allowing visualization. Yes, this is a surgical procedure.

After “running” the small bowel, a small area of inflammation was noted on the distal bowel. A close-up view showed a very small bone had penetrated the bowel incompletely, sticking out about a centimeter and a half. It was removed. Had nothing been done what would have happened? Hard to say, from getting worse and abscess to the small bone being walled off by an inflammatory process. Neither are a comforting resolution.

Post-op, the patient remembered eating fresh fish with rib bones in the meat a week or so earlier.

Steel bristles I know are stiff, non-bending and sharp and will doubtfully make all the small bowel turns easily. If you believe you did swallow steel bristles, you are a step ahead of this lady. I would make preparations to get in to a doc to explain the situation and get direction. Steel bristles should show up on x-rays or other tests and confirm their position to be followed up and at least be watched. It could prevent an emergent situation. If nothing shows, you may not have swallowed anything and be relieved.

George, all due respect and all, but people swallow all kinds of scheit all the time. It almost always passes through without a problem. I probably see a dozen such cases annually. They come in because they're sure they swallowed something (or their kid did) but almost never with symptoms other than a scratched throat, if that.

I get xrays done if they come into the ER, which has some value if it's a metallic FB. Otherwise you won't see anything. I invariably send 'em home and tell 'em to follow up with a surgeon if they develop symptoms like abdominal pain or rectal bleeding over the next few days. They almost never do. So they get to pay the hospital a whopping $1000+ ER charge for advice to come back or see a surgeon if they develop those symptoms.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Easy money. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yeah, right... ER docs get paid pennies on the dollar billed. Corporations run medicine to enrich themselves, not the docs that have no alternative if they want to work.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by akasparky
Where is Slumlord when ya need him, gawd knows he'd have a elixir
just for this ailment!

Slumlord has excellent insurance and would be at the Endo’s office/ER in 45 mins.

Had a couple of endo scopes down the esophagus before. No big deal and you get to have fentanyl. I love that stuff.

👍

Here I figured you'd chime in with :

"Put you a mustard poultice on it an drink some sassafras tea. Pickin' up an swingin' a viper never hurt nothin neither"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is it too late to offer advice? I think you need to purge your system. Castor oil would work. Then get a Vietnamese enema. Most nail shops can do it. Just go in and ask. They’ll know what you’re talking about. Then about three days after all that, schit on a plate, cover it in foil, and take it down to the closest ER for examination. If they don’t find anything, you didn’t do it right and you should start the entire process over.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Is it too late to offer advice? I think you need to purge your system. Castor oil would work. Then get a Vietnamese enema. Most nail shops can do it. Just go in and ask. They’ll know what you’re talking about. Then about three days after all that, schit on a plate, cover it in foil, and take it down to the closest ER for examination. If they don’t find anything, you didn’t do it right and you should start the entire process over.

Dr JoeBob knows his scheidt.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I bet your stomach acids will dissolve it. A long ago dog of mine grabbed a baited hook on my fishing rod and swallowed it. I had no choice bit to cut the line. next afternoon I was watching him take a [bleep] and out comes the fishing line and the only part of the hook still there was what was covered by the knot. No matter what good luck to you.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well I bet your stomach acids will dissolve it. A long ago dog of mine grabbed a baited hook on my fishing rod and swallowed it. I had no choice bit to cut the line. next afternoon I was watching him take a [bleep] and out comes the fishing line and the only part of the hook still there was what was covered by the knot. No matter what good luck to you.

Makes sense that the barb and point would be the first parts to dissolve removing the chance of a poke through..

The problem with a wire is it is too thin to round off, although shortening and weakening may be the key...
Also the pancreas or gall bladder is meant to grab that stuff...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just ta be on the safe side.........................

Don't let your nephews get anywhere near your logged-in computer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Taking all at face value, I remembered this case for its possible apparent similarity:

A young women came to the surgeon via her family doc complaining of vague abdominal pain for some time (I don’t remember the length of time). X-rays were read as negative. I can’t recall if an MRI was done but all physical exams and a barium enema, etc were also read as negative.

Finally, at a loss as to the problem the surgeon decided to do a diagnostic laparoscopy — putting small instruments into her abdomen via a couple small wounds after the abdomen is inflated to give room to work, one a camera and another to manipulate soft tissues allowing visualization. Yes, this is a surgical procedure.

After “running” the small bowel, a small area of inflammation was noted on the distal bowel. A close-up view showed a very small bone had penetrated the bowel incompletely, sticking out about a centimeter and a half. It was removed. Had nothing been done what would have happened? Hard to say, from getting worse and abscess to the small bone being walled off by an inflammatory process. Neither are a comforting resolution.

Post-op, the patient remembered eating fresh fish with rib bones in the meat a week or so earlier.

Steel bristles I know are stiff, non-bending and sharp and will doubtfully make all the small bowel turns easily. If you believe you did swallow steel bristles, you are a step ahead of this lady. I would make preparations to get in to a doc to explain the situation and get direction. Steel bristles should show up on x-rays or other tests and confirm their position to be followed up and at least be watched. It could prevent an emergent situation. If nothing shows, you may not have swallowed anything and be relieved.

George, all due respect and all, but people swallow all kinds of scheit all the time. It almost always passes through without a problem. I probably see a dozen such cases annually. They come in because they're sure they swallowed something (or their kid did) but almost never with symptoms other than a scratched throat, if that.

I get xrays done if they come into the ER, which has some value if it's a metallic FB. Otherwise you won't see anything. I invariably send 'em home and tell 'em to follow up with a surgeon if they develop symptoms like abdominal pain or rectal bleeding over the next few days. They almost never do. So they get to pay the hospital a whopping $1000+ ER charge for advice to come back or see a surgeon if they develop those symptoms.

Couple years ago I had an ER surgeon in Yuma misdiagnose me for something similar. Still dealing with the issue, when I told the surgeons up here in first world medicine, to a man they laughed and were very incredulous. One asked where they went to school, and i told him very likely India. He shut up after that and wouldn't say another word except to keep on point going forward. What she told me happened, they said is an almost impossibility. Between that and several other instances over the years, I try to trust my docs, but I put no one on a pedestal.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That dog sounds like a keeper.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Couple years ago I had an ER surgeon in Yuma misdiagnose me for something similar. Still dealing with the issue, when I told the surgeons up here in first world medicine, to a man they laughed and were very incredulous. One asked where they went to school, and i told him very likely India. He shut up after that and wouldn't say another word except to keep on point going forward. What she told me happened, they said is an almost impossibility. Between that and several other instances over the years, I try to trust my docs, but I put no one on a pedestal.

Happy schidting

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Dr JoeBob knows his scheidt.

He knows you are a schidt head

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Happy schidting

A nice, big healthy poo with no blood or pus in it is a beautiful experience that should not be taken for granted.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Skip to 5:00.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bruinruin

That dog sounds like a keeper.

I see what you did there. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

One of my professors pulled a fast one on the sophomore class.

We had research cattle at the farm with plastic windows on their stomachs for sample analysis.
He would reach in a little with the extraction device to show us the procedure. Then he said, " oh NO, I LOST MY WEDDING BAND!
Then he asked for a volunteer to retrieve it. Up shoots a hand and the guy rolls up his sleeve and fishes around for a while.
Then, out of the blue, the Doc finds it. " It was in my pocket! "

Nobody wanted to sit near the guy on the bus trip back.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 812 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.