Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He credits God and Vanderbilt, good for him.

Glad he was with his dad and made quick decisions.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It is hard to belive that the action wasn't tested to at least twice the maximun expected pressure.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That’s a different design than any other 50 on the market. I won’t knock it without knowing more, but threads vs locking lugs has me wondering. Could have have just been bad ammo.

With some hot mil ammo I’ve had to tap the bolt back on my SHTF 50, it has three large bolt lugs.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MM879
It is hard to belive that the action wasn't tested to at least twice the maximun expected pressure.

Is this a requirement? SAAMI or otherwise? Then again we don't know what the actual pressure was that blew it up.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So what happened to the fire hydrant?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Looks like a Serbu RN50, didn’t listen to the audio. Hell would freeze before I’d shoot a .50 BMG round in a break action hammer gun with a threaded breech cap.
I'd feel more confident firing 12 gauge in a threaded gas pipe!

Me too.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
That’s a different design than any other 50 on the market. I won’t knock it without knowing more, but threads vs locking lugs has me wondering. Could have have just been bad ammo.

With some hot mil ammo I’ve had to tap the bolt back on my SHTF 50, it has three large bolt lugs.

Comes down to cross sectional area and strength of the metal. Either way, failure of thread or lugs leads to something coming backwards towards the shooter.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sure glad Scott survived, he gave credit where credit was due

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MM879

Is this a requirement? SAAMI or otherwise? Then again we don't know what the actual pressure was that blew it up.

No, SAAMI is only +30% for a proof mark. I was thinking DFMEA requirements.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The shooter gives a pretty detailed description of the explosion and his injuries around the 8 minute mark.

WOW, dude be lucky to be alive.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a powerful story.
I will continue with that channel.
His life was saved. I pray that someone will have the opportunity to lead him to Christ and make sure that he has a home in heaven. That was close.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He is lucky to be alive for sure. Quick thinking, training, and having his dad there saved his life. The only 50cal I've fired was in the Army. Now there is no way in hell you would get me behind one of these things, fugg that!!

I'm glad it turned out ok for him 🙏

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guy was kilt here a few months back here in So Cal WWII vintage ammo and from what I understand a modified WWII vintage rifle. This shooter had the gun benched and the bolt went through his chest and was found roughly 60 feet behind him.
The shooter was allegedly a "Gunsmith"

Coyotes shot no waiting.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
There is a reason to reload your own, or use reliable factory loads. And a little "common sense".

File this under dumfuckery....

Last edited by las; 04/29/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lucky guy. The old finger in the hole on the artery trick.

My friend was at a gun show in Denver in about 2010 when a kid picked up a 40 S&W off a table and fired it into his friends chest. My friend was near by and he used to teach surg tech at a school in Utah. He said blood was pouring out so he stuck his finger in the hole and could feel it pumping from a large artery. He moved his finger to the side towards the heart and pressed it closed.

He said the ambulance took what seemed like for ever and the EMTs told him to remove his finger and move away so they could do their assessment. They got ignorant with him when he refused to. He told them here's your assessment, single gunshot wound to the chest, if I remove my finger without clamping this artery he'll be dead in about 60 seconds. They finally gave him a tool they use to clamp umbilical cords so he stuck them in along his finger and clamped the artery and then he left.

I Googled it after he told me the story and one article talked about the unknown man who had saved the boys life by closing off the artery until the ambulance got there.

Sometimes it's the common sense field experience that's good to know. That same friend almost died when the 870 his friend was shooting exploded and half of the bolt that sheared at a 45 degree angle went through my friends chest. Lucky for him the Dr working the ER in Le grande Oregon that day was an old Vietnam War Dr.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/29/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

My friend was at a gun show in Denver in about 2010 when a kid picked up a 40 S&W off a table and fired it into his friends chest. My friend was near by and he used to teach surg tech at a school in Utah. He said blood was pouring out so he stuck his finger in the hole and could feel it pumping from a large artery. He moved his finger to the side towards the heart and pressed it closed.

He said the ambulance took what seemed like for ever and the EMTs told him to remove his finger and move away so they could do their assessment. They got ignorant with him when he refused to. He told them here's your assessment, single gunshot wound to the chest, if I remove my finger without clamping this artery he'll be dead in about 60 seconds. They finally gave him a tool they use to clamp umbilical cords so he stuck them in along his finger and clamped the artery and then he left.

I Googled it after he told me the story and one article talked about the unknown man who had saved the boys life by closing off the artery until the ambulance got there.

Sometimes it's the common sense field experience that's good to know. That same friend almost died when the 870 his friend was shooting exploded and half of the bolt that sheared at a 45 degree angle went through my friends chest. Lucky for him the Dr working the ER in Le grande Oregon that day was an old Vietnam War Dr.

Bb

What's with the bolts through the chests? First the OP video, Grizz's S. CA , now this.
.It now makes me wonder how common bolt shear is.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

One in millions...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
85kpsi is a proof load.
I suspect the threads sheared off did not have enough engagement.
I would like to see a drawing or sketch and RC hardness of the parts.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ias,

I have no data, but have never heard of this being a trend even with reloads. Plenty of blown chambers, which can remove portions of near anatomy, but can't remember the last time I heard of a bolt through a chest. However, I believe all three sources.
I think you are correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lucky guy,, wow!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 55 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,672
Posts18,534,185
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.