Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 113 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 112 113
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Netflix has a pretty good documentary on the French secret service in the sixties. It covers their role in the bay of pigs, Cuban missile crisis, and the Berlin Wall, among other things. It's in French with subtitles. It's called, "A Very Secret Service".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Startup

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob
At one point he and his girlfriend drove from Paris to India. No way you could do that now. But back then the roads were there and it was safe enough that you could do it.

You can still do it. I had a taxi driver in Paris a couple of years ago that had just driven home to Pakistan and back.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've watched a lot lately. Not much was memorable. Pretty sure I'm harder to please than some of ya'll. LOL

1944, Fuucked to be an Estonian in WWII.

Band of Brothers, via an HBO subscription trial on Prime.

As reminded here, Master and Commander.

The Legend of Ben Hall. Australian raider that gets what's coming. Some damned inaccurate period shooting that is likely spot on...

Haven't seen a Western that isn't largely horsechit stupid in too long.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
“Not much was memorable”.
That’s for sure, who the heck recommended Bone Tomahawk?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall

Raising my hand up slowly....Me. LOL

Bone splitting that dude in 1/2 was pretty gross, no?

😂🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You didn’t like Bone Tomahawk?

I thought it was a heartwarming tale.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well yeah, I can’t say that I recall watching someone being prepared for dinner down the middle like that. The Indian caller was a pretty novel concept too. Since the Prime account is the wife’s I had to cough up the $2.99 plus tax or it would have been a bone of contension.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I see that The Road is now free on Prime. Saw it once many years ago. Plan to watch it again tonight. It's about an asteroid impact that results in a mass extinction on earth, and follows a man and his son in their efforts at surviving the aftermath. Clearly, the impact occurred on the far side of the planet from them, or they would have been broiled alive by the ejecta. I recall the man, his wife, and son, were viewing a glowing night sky, which would have been the ejecta from the earth's magma returning to earth from near orbit, and impacting the globe everywhere randomly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Startup

not bad. a little woke in some of the shows

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Startup

not bad. a little woke in some of the shows

Yeah. At different points, you'll hate each of the main characters at least once. Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoyed watching "A Simple Plan" free on Prime a couple days back. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, so other people liked it too. I've noticed that what was a charge movie on Prime a month or two back is a free one now. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World as an example. With my Scottish tight wad ancestry, I like free stuff.

My other auto is a .45

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I enjoyed watching "A Simple Plan" free on Prime a couple days back. 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, so other people liked it too. I've noticed that what was a charge movie on Prime a month or two back is a free one now. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World as an example. With my Scottish tight wad ancestry, I like free stuff.

Master and Commander is great. I've had it on DVD for many years.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Donkey Punch

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix is okay if you like super hero type stuff. Six people acquire various powers in the late 20's - early 30's and now have to train their offspring in the super hero game to take over. Decent production values and CGI and since it deals with aging it might find some sympathy with the 24hcf demographic.

This one is a bit of a twist since it discusses some opposing viewpoints on right and wrong, old school clear cut "do the right thing and never, ever, never under any circumstances kill the bad guy or use their powers to influence governments" vs. their whiny children's "the world has changed, the bad guys kill us so why can't we kill them and use our powers to influence governments?" - meaning it should be okay to kill Nazis and everyone we don't like is a Nazi.

It got a very low score on Rotten Tomatoes and my guess is that it's because it wasn't nearly woke enough. They dare to show that maybe some of the old school values had merit so the woke reviewers hated it. Anyway, they give both viewpoints some discussion so everyone on both sides might find something to hate. Or like.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just watched The Road free on Prime. Highly recommended, but expect a tearjerker.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A listing of potential "war" movies, with possibly a few missed over the years....

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/05/31/best-war-movies-to-watch-on-memorial-day/

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The King. A pretty good retelling of Shakespeare's Henry V and the battle of Agincourt.

Netflix.

Last edited by auk1124; 05/31/21.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Sting is free on Prime. Must have been 40 years since I watched it last. Think I'll watch it tonight. As I recall, it was quite good.

PS Many of the free movies on Prime state that they are free with ads. That's only the case if you watch them on PC. When viewed on a smart TV plug in device they are free and commercial free. At least that's the case when watched on my AppleTV. I assume it would be true on an Amazon Fire TV plug in, too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by auk1124
The King. A pretty good retelling of Shakespeare's Henry V and the battle of Agincourt.

Netflix.

Just finished watching, and absolutely agree.

If you follow along with the actual history as you're watching the movie, it makes it that much more enjoyable. The movie does not stray much from the generally accepted and documented history.

Had I been better educated about the siege of Harfleur and Battle of Agincourt when in Honfleur, we would surely have visited both locations. I believe we were only 17 mins from Harfleur, just east of Le Havre.

Thankfully, we did have at least a layman's knowledge of the area's history and visited the Bayeux Tapestry during our stay there, which tells the story of the Norman Conquest, 4 centuries before Henry V..

Our main mission in Normandy was, of course, to visit the sites of Le Debarquement (D-Day).

Last edited by local_dirt; 06/02/21.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 35 of 113 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 112 113

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.