-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lower production because of COVID restrictions, plus higher cost of everything, plus low gas prices during Trump's 4 years created a perfect storm. Used truck market is worse, for buyers right now. About 3 years ago, if I tried to sell a 7 year old truck similar to mine, I would have gotten about $15k for it. Right now people have similar trucks on Craigslist here for over $25k. That's why I may sell mine asap before the commies push gas prices much higher.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The "good" Toyota dealer has a used 2017 Tundra with 121K miles for 33K I think. That is insane.
I was thinking of trading my 2018 4Runner on a new 4Runner just to see what the trade value is.
In my area used trucks and SUVs are very sparse.

https://www.bobbyrahaltoyotaoflewistown.com/used-inventory/index.htm?make=Toyota&model=Tundra

5.7L i-Force V8 DOHC 32V LEV Engine
6-Speed Automatic Electronic with Overdrive
121,179 miles
13/17 mpg City/Hwy
Gray Exterior
Graphite Interior
Stock #: BP2019
Dealer Notes: 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax $32,890

Last edited by Terryk; 05/01/21.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My son recently bought a 2018 F-150 with the smaller rear cab, 6 1/2' bed, 5 liter Coyote, 3.73 rear and the ten speed. It is one up from the base model (XLT?) and had 14k miles in mint condition short of a very scratched up (paint) bed that he will have lined. He gave $32 OTD which I thought was a fair price. Pretty capable half ton.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sticking with 2019 4Runner, thank you.
Originally Posted by Terryk
The "good" Toyota dealer has a used 2017 Tundra with 121K miles for 33K I think. That is insane.
I was thinking of trading my 2018 4Runner on a new 4Runner just to see what the trade value is.
In my area used trucks and SUVs are very sparse.

https://www.bobbyrahaltoyotaoflewistown.com/used-inventory/index.htm?make=Toyota&model=Tundra

5.7L i-Force V8 DOHC 32V LEV Engine
6-Speed Automatic Electronic with Overdrive
121,179 miles
13/17 mpg City/Hwy
Gray Exterior
Graphite Interior
Stock #: BP2019
Dealer Notes: 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax $32,890

I'm sticking with my 2019 4Runner, thank you.

Paid it off a couple weeks ago.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Heym06
The only way new trucks are affordable to Joe average, is as a business write off! All others are buying them, to show the other guys their short comings!

Some of us buy a pickup to work out of. Guess mine's not considered new anymore... smile

BTW... EVERYBODY drives a used pickup.

If you are working out of your truck, and not depreciating, said truck, your throwing money away.

I don't depreciate anything. I leave that all to my accountant. He knows his stuff. wink

I leave mine to my accountant also! Just saying!

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am going to buy a new truck in the next year. I want one that is almost new when I retire.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Wideopen
Originally Posted by gsganzer
How much do you want to bet that once this pandemic is over, the prices still won't drop to anything close to pre-pandemic levels.

I forget what the term for it is (something-something window), where you're first shocked by something, but then it's only incrementally ratcheted back and you accept it, because it's not as bad as it could have been.

I was wondering that exact same thing a couple of days ago. I was going to build a small pole barn this summer but thought I'd wait until material prices got back to "normal." I'm now a lot less certain about that happening.

Somehow I’m starting to think these prices are here to stay. Everything is more expensive now, except money.

That’s part of the problem. Folks still believe the price of consumables is going up. It’s not. The purchasing power (value) of the currency you’re paying with is going down. Fiat currency is a ponzi scheme.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/01/21.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Printing fake money and then dumping a trillion or so into the economy is nothing more than good ole free market capitalism.

The U.S. will have a universal basic income inside two years max. We’ll also have a digital currency, which will be the second to last step in our total enslavement. The last step will be the end of private ownership of firearms.
“Stimulus” checks are to condition the average citizen to accept this.
Look how many so called conservatives on here were all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming their way. There are very few things that happen in this world, that aren’t by design.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Printing fake money and then dumping a trillion or so into the economy is nothing more than good ole free market capitalism.

The U.S. will have a universal basic income inside two years max. We’ll also have a digital currency, which will be the second to last step in our total enslavement. The last step will be the end of private ownership of firearms.
Look how many so called conservatives on here we’re all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming there way. There are very few things that happen in this world that aren’t by design.

Completely accurate. That’s the “plan”; yet dumb libtard communists on this forum seem oblivious/or complicit. We are witnessing in real-time mass mind-control of the sheeple. Reality is coming for you ignorant, dumbed-down folks like a freight train, and there is nothing you can do to stop it

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life

Look how many so called conservatives on here we’re all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming there way. There are very few things that happen in this world that aren’t by design.

Completely accurate. That’s the “plan”; yet dumb libtard communists on this forum seem oblivious/or complicit. We are witnessing in real-time mass mind-control of the sheeple. Reality is coming for you ignorant, dumbed-down folks like a freight train, and there is nothing you can do to stop it

Sadly, I agree. Some of us will fight it, and get chewed up in the meat grinder. Dark days ahead for this world.

The gas station guy in No country for old men was right.
You can’t stop what’s coming.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Look how many so called conservatives on here were all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming their way. There are very few things that happen in this world, that aren’t by design.

This is the real reason things haven't opened back up. At first, the Dems opposed any travel restrictions or lock downs of any kind because they had to oppose anything Trump ever did or said. But then, they realized what a commie gift they received in a crisis that could be exploited. Ever since, you can't get any of them to let up on the strangle hold. All they're doing is conditioning people that any time anything bad happens, Big Brother comes to the rescue. Next, the stimulus checks will simply become a new entitlement. You watch, if things start going too well, I guarantee, there will be some major "setback" out of nowhere, to prolong the sheep dependency training on the government.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Prices are crazy. I bought my 2018 Tundra SR5 4WD CrewMax in July, 2019 and it had only 10,000 miles on it. Paid $35K for it. Hadn't even thought about another truck since then. This thread got me curious and DAMN!!! Same truck I have is now going used, with about the same mileage I have on it, for $43K to $45K. Won't be getting rid of this one as it does everything I need, including pulling my 26' travel trailer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just sold a 4.5 year old 2500HD High County Duramax with 45k on it for $3k less than I paid for it. I had multiple dealers fighting over it. The truck was far from perfect. I wouldn't have felt right selling it to an individual. I wanted it gone. I'm done with GM trucks.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Kingston, if you don’t mind can you fill me in on what was wrong with the Duramax? I just traded my 2011 LML for a gasser and was curious what your troubles were.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least a few of the guys here still drive trucks. Most of them have to Google it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by K1500; 05/02/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They say there is a chip shortage that delays cars and trucks being built.

I have worked at Boeing electronic suppliers (5+) times and worked at BOEING (2) times.

If Boeing was behind in a plane development schedule, they would not say that to the news.
Boeing would say that one of our suppliers is holding us up.

After seeing that from the inside... I would be skeptical about the chip shortage.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K1500
Kingston, if you don’t mind can you fill me in on what was wrong with the Duramax? I just traded my 2011 LML for a gasser and was curious what your troubles were.

The Duramax wasn't the issue. The wax frame coating started coming off in year one. They refused to fix it right. The truck was rusting like crazy. They're designed to rot out. I'm a third generation GM truck guy, but after how they handled this and my issues with warranty service on an LBZ, I'm done with GM. I still have the LBZ, but the F350 I bought a year and a half ago is so much more truck. GM is out to screw the customer. They farm the customer. OnStar and their data collection practices are all the evidence one needs.

I tow heavy a lot, so a gasser isn't appealing. The rusting 2016 Duramax paled in comparison to my tuned LBZ and the 2019 6.7 Powerstroke.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for your post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Add in reduced manufacturing production and you have a recipe
that has brought down multiple nations in the last 100 years.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.