Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Source: Biden’s ‘American Families Plan’ lets the IRS snoop on your bank accounts

Text of Article:

In President Biden’s first address to a joint session of Congress on Wednesday night, he laid out his ambitious, expansive agenda for getting the country past the economic wreckage associated with the coronavirus pandemic, mostly under the rubric of what his administration is calling the “American Families Plan” (some of the details of which we spelled out here).

For one thing, Biden wants to expand the federal tax credit that provides for up to $3,600 per eligible child in stimulus checks, spread out over monthly payments (starting this July). Instead of the current 1-year expansion that’s already underway, though, Biden now wants to stretch that out through 2025. Meantime, the American Families Plan also calls for everything from the tax credit expansion to greater access to Medicaid, paid family leave, free community college tuition, and much more. The big question — how will all of this be paid for? Answer: Partly by taxing the rich, and to help that process along, Biden’s plan wants to give an extraordinary amount of new power to the IRS.

Take a look at this fact sheet from the Treasury Department, explaining a new provision that would require banks and financial institutions to start telling the tax agency what people have in their bank account, when money is moved around, and the like. This proposal, according to the fact sheet, “leverages the information that financial institutions already know about account holders, simply requiring that they add to their regular, annual reports information about aggregate account outflows and inflows. Providing the IRS this information will help improve audit selection so it can better target its enforcement activity on the most suspect evaders, avoiding unnecessary (and costly) audits of ordinary taxpayers.”

Giving the IRS more power to track money that moves into and out of your accounts is supposedly meant to help the tax agency go after the wealthiest taxpayers. However, this new authority has been described as being akin to giving federal tax “cops” even more of an excuse to claim a metaphorical probable cause to financially “stop and frisk” someone.

The US operates under a so-called pay as you go tax framework, meaning that people are penalized if they wait until the end of the tax year, for example, to pay all their taxes in one lump sum. This way, the IRS could see that people have a certain degree of taxable income flowing through their financial accounts that they should be paying taxes on throughout the year.

The Biden administration wants to spend $80 billion to expand the IRS’ compliance abilities in order to generate $700 billion over the next decade to help pay for the American Families Plan, and the benefits it includes like new quasi-stimulus checks. Where does that $700 billion come from? From the increased tax enforcement that the $80 billion IRS expansion made possible.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Banking privacy was once considered a hallmark of the American way, and banks guarded your personal information, short of a warrant from a judge. The State, however, always wants to know every last detail about those over whom it rules. It thinks of you as cattle, not free citizens.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Credit Unions are the way to go for any semblance of banking privacy.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The commies are so evil. They rape the language and dress up their tyrant garbage with deceitful sounding names like American Family Plan.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Why?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Why?

The Charter of mine requires a court order for info beyond what is presently mandated for inflows and outflows of $.

That and they don’t sell or share your information to other banking institutions or other outside interest groups.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Several years ago I received a hand addressed envelope from the IRS San Francisco office. It contained a copy of my bank statement, which I had never sent them. No explanation, not related to tax season as far as I know. It was during the Obama years and his use of the IRS for intimidation of conservatives. That was a mystery to me.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Source: Biden’s ‘American Families Plan’ lets the IRS snoop on your bank accounts

The US operates under a so-called pay as you go tax framework, meaning that people are penalized if they wait until the end of the tax year, for example, to pay all their taxes in one lump sum. This way, the IRS could see that people have a certain degree of taxable income flowing through their financial accounts that they should be paying taxes on throughout the year.

What exactly is a "certain degree of taxable income"?
Well, you didn't estimate your quarterlies correctly, here's another penalty. Pay up. Now.
Privacy be damned. Typical.
We want information........

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Several years ago I received a hand addressed envelope from the IRS San Francisco office. It contained a copy of my bank statement, which I had never sent them. No explanation, not related to tax season as far as I know. It was during the Obama years and his use of the IRS for intimidation of conservatives. That was a mystery to me.

Did you send them an envelope with a piece of spent cartridge brass in it?

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My bank seems like they are already working for them. We were cleaning up around the house and selling things we didn't need in about January. I took some checks to the bank, maybe 4 checks totalling about $700 and the teller told me I had to tell her where the checks were from. I said the names are on them. She said no I have to know why they paid you. I said I sold some stuff and then she wanted to know what I sold. I told her that I didn't think that was any of her business.

Then our checks started getting held longer, they started limiting my electronic deposits and holding them for several days. The next time she insisted I tell her where I worked and what my job title was. I was thinking she must be a Democrat feeling empowered now that they stole the election. A few weeks later the manager of the bank called me out of the blue just to see how I was doing and to see if I had any banking needs and wanting to know what I'm doing these days. First time that's happened after 22 years at us bank. We are in the process of switching banks now.

I'm glad I have a lot of junk silver because I think I'm going to move more and more towards bartering. I like dealing in cash but they'll probably take that away soon.

Bb

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Nollij
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

What exactly is a "certain degree of taxable income"?
Well, you didn't estimate your quarterlies correctly, here's another penalty. Pay up. Now.
Privacy be damned. Typical.
We want information........

And do they pay interest on the excess of taxes they take in when you pay as you go?

Seems a lawyer somewhere needs to address that issue. Everyone who gets a refund (who actually PAYS taxes), should have compounded interest on that income. A fair an equitable rate might possibly be the same IRS "penalty"....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And the hits just keep on cummin'.

MM

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The irs already knows your bank account #'s

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by garddogg56
The irs already knows your bank account #'s

This ^^^^^^^ ... They already know about your banking transactions. The new regulations will just make it LEGAL for them to know...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My bank seems like they are already working for them. We were cleaning up around the house and selling things we didn't need in about January. I took some checks to the bank, maybe 4 checks totalling about $700 and the teller told me I had to tell her where the checks were from. I said the names are on them. She said no I have to know why they paid you. I said I sold some stuff and then she wanted to know what I sold. I told her that I didn't think that was any of her business.

Then our checks started getting held longer, they started limiting my electronic deposits and holding them for several days. The next time she insisted I tell her where I worked and what my job title was. I was thinking she must be a Democrat feeling empowered now that they stole the election. A few weeks later the manager of the bank called me out of the blue just to see how I was doing and to see if I had any banking needs and wanting to know what I'm doing these days. First time that's happened after 22 years at us bank. We are in the process of switching banks now.

I'm glad I have a lot of junk silver because I think I'm going to move more and more towards bartering. I like dealing in cash but they'll probably take that away soon.

Bb

That's some crazy chit right there.

Is this normal for most banks?

The credit union I use has never done that to me.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I think they want to know where money is so they can take it at some point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The commies are so evil. They rape the language and dress up their tyrant garbage with deceitful sounding names like American Family Plan.

And the clueless Karens suck in every ounce of the evil kool-aid.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Federally Insured = Federally Regulated = Federally controlled. Don't expect something for nothing from the federal government. Its always their foot in the door.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Federally Insured = Federally Regulated = Federally controlled. Don't expect something for nothing from the federal government. Its always their foot in the door.

There is no door to block them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, akrange, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,627
Posts18,492,935
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.