Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I received a survey in the mail entitled "Better Hunting in South Africa". It is from Prof. Laetitia Radder of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

It begins:

"You have hunted in South Africa-did you have a memorable African experience, or did you problems with the PH, the taxidermist, customs, or the shipping of trophies? How can we make your next hunt more enjoyable?"

What follows is a very detailed survey that covers Leisure and hunting Activities, General hunting Beliefs and attitudes, Influences on wildlife orientation, Motives and opinions, Reasons for choosing South Africa as hunting destination, Risks and outcomes of the RSA hunting experience, Success of the hunt, and Future intentions.

This is very well organized and thought out. It comes complete with a SASE for return.

Anyone else receive this yet?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not me, but I only got back 3 weeks ago.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have not recieved one either. I hope I do! I will be very specific about the problems with the firearms permits.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
That would be great. The firearms were such a PITA this May that I started considering having a rifle there for my use.

JB

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John:

Did you use a meet-and-greet? If so, which one if you don't mind.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick: I used OPTIMA and they were excellent. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Air 2000 / very good

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been sending my clients to Afton house for overnight stay and help with meet/greet/ firearms permitting and they have done a great job. I agree that RSA's system needs streamlining. They will probably never be as wide open as Zim, but it would not take a lot to improve the system greatly. It would be nice if RSA AND the US nderstood that folks with evil intent are NOT the ones buying a hunting license and TRYING to go through the proper channels, but I digress.... smile

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree Afton house is great, very hospitable people. I brought in my rifle myself. I did fill out the forms beforehand though. The whole process took about 10 minutes and in fact both my wife and I skipped the normal customs line with the porter who took us around to the police office. We actually were cleared and on our way before the rest of our plane! This was in large part because we came late at night and in March so nobody else was at the police office, still the whole thing seemed very streamlined and hassle free to me. I guess I was just a lucky SOB that day. I never received a survey after my hunt in South Africa.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 9,816 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,361
Posts18,546,877
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.