Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
he doesn't bite out of aggression but just curiosity.

"hmmmm what are these hairy fughkin things?"

*Chomp*

"Blech!" lol

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/04/21.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Way coolll

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
George is Cool, like up dates every now and then.

^^^This^^^

Thanks Roger! I always enjoy seeing George!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Love these updates Roger!

I dont know why, but it never occurred to me that a fox would wag its tail like a dog.

Cool stuff!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very cool thanks for the video

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I like the way you say that the animal is more like a cat than a dog. I spent many hundreds of hours deer hunting from stands in Georgia. Shot many dozens of whitetails.
And in all that time, I saw one fox. One sunny afternoon, a beautiful red fox walked past my stand. Beautiful red tail sticking out. He went within 15 feet of my tree stand, and then he walked out of view. I didn't see a deer that day, but that is one of my most memorable experiences as a deer hunter.
I thought the same thing of this animal, he is a member of the dog family but he moves more like a cat than a dog.

So interesting the freedom there in Texas. It is legal to keep a wild animal as a pet. We had a guy on another forum, his name was Dennis Nielson and he lived an hour nw of San Antonio, he had caught a little fawn whose mama had been run over on the road at his house. He saw the little fawn caught up in a fence in his back yard, the little orphan was standing on a fire and hive and was covered with fire ants. Would have been stung to death in a few more minutes. He brushed off all the ants. He kept the little deer for a pet it was only about 7 days old. He posted videos of the little deer, he called him "Little Buck" and I bet those videos are still available on youtube. They had a dog bed for Little Buck on the floor and he was like a pet dog.

See, back in the Southeast it is illegal to keep wildlife as pets. There was a case a few years ago, a guy in Alabama had two pet deer in pens in his back yard. An Alabama Game and Fish SWAT team raided his place, led him off in handcuffs and shot his pet deer dead with the ARs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good to see ol George is doing well. I still think of him as something between a cat and a monkey. And maybe something else mixed in, not sure what.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A fox is in the cat family. They are more like a cat than a dog. A coyote though is a dog. Every fox I ever saw acted much like a cat.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Good to see ol George is doing well. I still think of him as something between a cat and a monkey. And maybe something else mixed in, not sure what.

No doubt Andrew! Made me laugh and think about the old Richard Prior footage of him talking about his pet monkey.

To me, though, Foxes definitely act more like cats than canines.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ihookem
A fox is in the cat family. They are more like a cat than a dog. A coyote though is a dog. Every fox I ever saw acted much like a cat.

"Canidae (/ˈkænɪdiː/;[3] from Latin, canis, "dog") is a biological family of dog-like carnivorans. A member of this family is called a canid (/ˈkeɪnɪd/).[4] There are three subfamilies found within the canid family, which are the extinct Borophaginae and Hesperocyoninae, and the extant Caninae.[5] The Caninae are known as canines,[6] and include domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes and other extant and extinct species."

Du Schweinehund!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Cool, have you weighted him? He doesn't look fat?

probably around 15-16 lbs bigger than the average grey.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"As cousins to wolves and dogs, foxes are a great model for dog domestication. They diverged from the wolf lineage about 12 million years ago (a brief time period, evolutionarily). It is difficult to study the process of the dog’s domestication since its wild relatives, the fox and wolf, are now different species."

Descended from wolves. Just like my Beagle.
Hard to imagine, really, but the grandfather of all foxes, and Beagles, was a grey wolf.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I like the way you say that the animal is more like a cat than a dog. I spent many hundreds of hours deer hunting from stands in Georgia. Shot many dozens of whitetails.
And in all that time, I saw one fox. One sunny afternoon, a beautiful red fox walked past my stand. Beautiful red tail sticking out. He went within 15 feet of my tree stand, and then he walked out of view. I didn't see a deer that day, but that is one of my most memorable experiences as a deer hunter.
I thought the same thing of this animal, he is a member of the dog family but he moves more like a cat than a dog.

So interesting the freedom there in Texas. It is legal to keep a wild animal as a pet. We had a guy on another forum, his name was Dennis Nielson and he lived an hour nw of San Antonio, he had caught a little fawn whose mama had been run over on the road at his house. He saw the little fawn caught up in a fence in his back yard, the little orphan was standing on a fire and hive and was covered with fire ants. Would have been stung to death in a few more minutes. He brushed off all the ants. He kept the little deer for a pet it was only about 7 days old. He posted videos of the little deer, he called him "Little Buck" and I bet those videos are still available on youtube. They had a dog bed for Little Buck on the floor and he was like a pet dog.

See, back in the Southeast it is illegal to keep wildlife as pets. There was a case a few years ago, a guy in Alabama had two pet deer in pens in his back yard. An Alabama Game and Fish SWAT team raided his place, led him off in handcuffs and shot his pet deer dead with the ARs.
not legal, but screw them.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Badazz

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
2 years old already, wow! Time flies

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,498 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.