Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Where are the chips made?

Guess.
That’s right...China.

California....China what's the difference???

A quick google search says we’re both wrong. Taiwan is where most computer chips are made.

Taiwan, the US, and Northern Europe are the main supplier countries. China does around %20 of the global chip production.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Hard to believe there's no substitute for any given chip. Doesn't anybody write code anymore?

What does writing code have to do with hardware such as chips? Code does no physical function, solid state devices of different types will always be the "end user" of what ever process code is used.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How the devil does our country get us into these jackpots? Biggest, most advanced industrial power in the world and cant make computer chips?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Three local Chevrolet places have exactly 0 2500/3500’s on the lot. They usually have a combined total of at least 50+.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by K1500
Three local Chevrolet places have exactly 0 2500/3500’s on the lot. They usually have a combined total of at least 50+.

I believe that 's the been standard for all the Big 3 manufacturers for going on a year (anything bigger than a 1/2 ton)

A new half ton is like a grocery getter like it or not

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Be nice if you could just drop in a set of points and drive away

Hell no, I'll wait on the chip.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
How the devil does our country get us into these jackpots? Biggest, most advanced industrial power in the world and cant make computer chips?

By depending on and conspiring and colluding with the third world.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It’s not just Ford. My neighbor works for a local Chevy dealer. They have 20 new vehicles and 50 used on their lot, that’s it!! They are being told by the factory to not expect a new truck until late 3rd quarter of this year! He is the guy that looks for specific vehicles for customers throughout the country and says it’s virtually impossible to locate anything other than a basic work truck right now. Cars are a bit easier, but still difficult.

The chips are made in Mexico and the factories down there are working at 25% capacity.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Well, the manufacturers wanted the most profit margin they could get so they moved all the production overseas. We had a president who tried to fix it but everyone called him a meanie and a nazi for trying and tossed him out of office. Now we have a president who's gotten money from every third world chithole on the planet so he thinks having all our manufacturing overseas is just swell.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Well, the manufacturers wanted the most profit margin they could get so they moved all the production overseas. We had a president who tried to fix it but everyone called him a meanie and a nazi for trying and tossed him out of office. Now we have a president who's gotten money from every third world chithole on the planet so he thinks having all our manufacturing overseas is just swell.

Bingo!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The handwriting is on the wall!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
GM had a similar problem in January or Feb...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife needs a new cell phone. Hers wont hold a charge and wont take a charge sometimes. Wants an SE whatever that means. Had an appointment at Verizon yesterday and we were told there are no SE phones in Tucson and they don't know when they will be available. They had two on Saturday but we couldn't get one because we didn't have an appointment. Asked them to put one on hold and call us when it came in. Said they couldn't do that.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 45_100
My wife needs a new cell phone. Hers wont hold a charge and wont take a charge sometimes. Wants an SE whatever that means. Had an appointment at Verizon yesterday and we were told there are no SE phones in Tucson and they don't know when they will be available. They had two on Saturday but we couldn't get one because we didn't have an appointment. Asked them to put one on hold and call us when it came in. Said they couldn't do that.

No need to buy a new phone. Go to Batteries plus and they will replace your battery with a new one for $60. The wife and I just got ours done. Beats $1000 or whatever. Most folks don’t know this. Your welcome

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
SE is essentially an iPhone 8

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Be nice if you could just drop in a set of points and drive away

Rigs are so computerized these days that you can't work on anything. Remember the days when we used these to tune our engines? smile

Attached Images
Engine_tuning.jpg (45.5 KB, 149 downloads)
tuning
Last edited by Wideopen; 05/04/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah Right The CEO of Ford COO Computer Chips is waiting on a lap dance

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
SE is essentially an iPhone 8

^^^^^^^^^^

clever

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by 45_100

No need to buy a new phone. Go to Batteries plus and they will replace your battery with a new one for $60. The wife and I just got ours done. Beats $1000 or whatever. Most folks don’t know this. Your welcome

Thanks Alot you Fugking Dicgkhead

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m in the key making business and can tell you first hand Ford and Chevy have royally screwed there customers with the new autos starting in 2017 for GM

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,555
Posts18,491,722
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.