Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 41 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 40 41
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
GREAT post RickyD

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I first heard it from the late Adrian Rogers . Don't know if it was original with him . You can bet he didn't claim it as his own if it wasn't !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There were/are people who participated there that are great people, Christian in every way. I appreciated their insight.

Andrew,
I greatly appreciate that acknowledgement: not of or for myself by any means, but for the good men and women who contributed to that forum honestly and in love.

please show me another HUNTING AND SHOOTING board with 15,000+ members that has a place specific to faith like we had here?. I can't find one on AR, Baitshopboyz, Sniper's Hide, AR15.com or anywhere else.
Huntamerica does not have the membership of this site but it does have a forum to express faith. You might be interested to know it has a few Mormon posters who have put the shoe on the other foot and are quite adament about their faith even to the degree of it being the only valid one, it seems from the little review on my part to date. They do a good job of backing that faith up and do not shirk from critism of theirs.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gene williams
NOT "exactly" . I see it that way, but some see the rituals as being the essence or at least essential.

And that's the way the "bashings" start.

There are two examples I can think of. One being communion, the other baptism. I think most churches practice communion of some form. Baptism has always been a sticking point. Catholics christen a baby into the church. Baptists, and others, baptize when the child supposedly makes a choice after reaching the age of accountability. It is a profession of faith. We don't believe a child is responsible for original sin until they reach the age of understanding. From what I understand, in the catholic faith that profession is the first communion. Just like in the Jewish faith it's the Bar Mitzvah. I've heard it said that if you're not baptized by total emersion then you cannot enter the kingdom. I don't know, and even though I believe that I do not have the authority of the Lord so I cannot say with certainty.

Last edited by garryc; 08/14/07.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Where did Christ at the campfire go?

Maybe he went hunting...like the rest of do.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gene williams
How many "rightous" folks did God require be found in Sodom and Gomorrah in order for Him to spare the cities ?

Ten.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Where did Christ at the campfire go?

Maybe he went hunting...like the rest of do.

Absolutely! He always comes with me.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've heard it said that if you're not baptized by total emersion then you cannot enter the kingdom.

Just one of the many things I've heard too that I disagree with though that is exactly how I was baptised.

Too many people give too little credit to the power of God's Grace or understand the fullness of His Word. They might want to hope He doesn't chose to return the favor.

Is that rousing rabble, Gene? smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seldom posted at CATC. I agree there was enough toxic stuff there that it often wasn�t worth the effort to try to filter out the good/uplifting stuff. I did check in after the flap about the Pope writing that the Catholic Church was the only genuine Church due to IIRC a direct linage to Christ�s disciples <or something along those lines> My point is, he knew his words caused great anger and hurt among the Protestant world.
When the other flap occurred over the Pope saying something along the lines of islam has done some mean things back in the 1400s followed by muslims go into a worldwide seething fit, and kill an elderly nun or two the Pope makes a trip to Turkey and says something about he was sorry if his meaning was misunderstood. I will give him credit for not saying islam is peace�. But he threw them some sort of face saving bone.
I made a few very careful posts looking for any insight into the catholic posters views on what the Pope had said and then just backed off. �
Perhaps I missed an explanation of how the Pope was not being disrespectful to those of the Protestant faith�.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep! Teal is a straight-up guy .I earned the tag as "trouble-maker" from my exchanges with Blaine,Sanlen, etal,re the " bibical inerrancy" and "revelation apart from scripture" issues .The "tag" sorta spilled over into the "catholic bashing arena" ,though I didn't participate .

Andrew is one of the few to acknowledge that and I appreciate it.

Most of us protestants don't identify with our particular chosen denomination to the extent the Roman Catholic brethren identify with the CHURCH , so Teal is correct when he [ obliqley ] makes the point that I can't gauge the depth of the hurt caused by the remarks posted above .

My admiration for Billy Graham probably does not approach the level of veneration he feels for his church so I have to take him at his word . I have no basis for comparison .Maybe my skin is not thicker than his .

Of course , as I've said before on the late CATC , I don't recall if it was wife # 4 or #5 took the last one of my feelings that could be hurt !

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sanlen:

The reason I say that is because, as Fish280, I see a diabolical side to this. I see a side that simply got tired of being disagreed with, of not having what they said accepted simply because they said it. I don�t call it bigotry, however. To me it is censorship. While I agree it is your site, Rick, and you can do what you wish, I think to say CATC was shut down because of the bigotry there may have been a cheap shot, as is most of the �discussion� I�ve seen on this thread. To go by this would mean that you cannot have any real discussion on the Campfire. Disagree with Rick and he�ll pull the plug on you. By putting a sticker on threads such as the Pope�s views and explanations, which meant it would always be at the top, you actually placed it where people couldn�t avoid it, and incited more comments instead of just letting it die.

It seems that it is impossible for some to separate individuals from an organization. Funny thing is (though I�m sure that some will consider this �bashing�) by this action many simply had their opinions (whether true or false they will never know now) of Catholic individuals and the Catholic Church forever merged. I�ve already had people email me with complaints about how Catholics censor things they don�t like. Again, this is not necessarily what I think, but what has already been said to me. To them this is just another Inquisition with Rick as the Grand Inquisitor. �They don�t accept our beliefs? Turn them on the spic for a few minutes� that will teach them. Don�t agree with Catholic doctrine? Boil them in oil. Dare to post their ideas that don�t agree with Catholic dogma? Cancel the forum�. And, don�t just cancel the forum and say it was for the sake of harmony and simply time to move on to something new, but make sure you vilify those that dared to disagree with you when you do it, and foster the one sided hate that this thread has revealed. Oh yeah, this was a good move, Rick. Sadly, it didn�t have to be this way.

Man, is this website ever censored. It's like you can't get a word in edgewise with the Grand Inquisitor Webmaster pushing all his buttons! That whole danged Inquisition thing and all. It's a wonder you've NEVER had a post pulled!

It's a good thing your posts never come across as personal attacks, or anti-Catholic though. Whew! Otherwise who knows what that trigger-happy webmaster would do.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Rick, I'm going to say this straight-out. I like you, I certainly respect you, and I am thankful that you provide us with this website and the opportunity to participate here in these discussions.

But in my opinion you have made a very big mistake by eliminating 'Christ At The Campfire', and I certainly DO NOT agree with those who have foolishly, and in ignorance, supported this act. Your decision does not serve Jesus Christ at all but, but rather the devil himself and every demon spirit that has been trying to tear down that forum, and you have inadvertently become an accomplice to that end, and likely without realizing it, but you have nevertheless, and even in partnership and with the hearty approval of some who are mockers and who are walking in spiritual darkness. Think about the implications of this!

What was the purpose of 'Christ At The Campfire'? Was it to bring people to Christ and illuminate the word of God, or to defend a particular denomination? Are you so caught up in denominationalism that you have forgotten your first love - Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour? When I read your reasons for taking off 'Christ at the Campfire', I realized that you did this out of FEAR, as you feel the Catholic church is being attacked. But the spirit of fear comes from the devil himself and NOT God! God does NOT give us a spirit of fear, not ever! God is in control, always. If you believe that what the catholic church preaches is the truth and nothing but the truth, then why not leave the 'Christ At The Campfire' forum open, knowing that God's word ALWAYS brings us to the truth, and like a two-edged sword, His word will pierce through all UNtruths! HE is in control, not man, and man-made theology. HIS light and HIS very words are LIVING spiritual truths that He Himself reveals to us when we are SEEKING the truth. You can't alter or change the truth of God's word! God does not need your forum to reveal truth, either, although He will USE it, IF you are compliant to His will. Jesus commands us to be a light in this world, loving our neighbors as ourselves, and sharing the word of God to those who have not yet heard it, and to those that do not see. Should this not have been the purpose of 'Christ At The Campfire', and as such, should not that forum still be in active use? How can you, as a believer and the owner of this website, offer God anything less?

READ THE BOOK OF JOHN! Jesus addressed that very issue of religious rules that the Pharisses lived by (legalism!) and how they were more loyal to their traditonal rules (many that were man-made) rather than the true word of God and bringing those to Christ. It appears that such has happened here as well, unfortunately! Remember, Jesus loved the Pharisees as well, even though they persecuted Him!

Your decision also completely fails to obediently fulfill what Jesus Himself commanded us to do, and as a true believer, as I must assume you are, this is not only is an act of disobedience, if not outright rebellion, and it serves the darkness rather than the light:

Matthew 5:14-16, and these are the words of Jesus Himself:

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannnot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

It also fails to obediently carry out that great commission which we, as believers, are instructed by Jesus Himself to fulfill. As are the verses that I've previously sited, these are not "suggestions", they are commands:

Matthew 28:18-20

'And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Obviously, your decision to eliminate 'Christ At The Campfire' surely does not serve this commandment, either...........

Rick, as has been pointed out by others, this is indeed "your house", and as such, and out of respect for you and other catholic members that we have here, I will by no means carry on about the numerous disagreements that I have with the Catholic church.

But I will say this: You have to decide where your true loyalties lie. Are you first and foremost loyal to Jesus Christ, to His commandments, and to His holy Word, as written in scripture, or are you first loyal to the church of Rome?

Jesus said as much in Luke 16:13, "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

Rick, I urge you to restore 'Christ At The Campfire', and let all testimony furnished there be compared to scripture, and let the validity of all that is stated there either stand as the truth or be demonstrated as apostasy, and also by the same means: The holy, written Word of God Himself, as stated according to the purity and completeness of the Holy Bible, and by no other measure...........

www.pro-gospel.org

Respectfully submitted,

AD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mr Rick, bless your heart. You have done suceeded in busting up one playhouse and the fragments have broke out in three or four places. Reminds me of a topped out woods fire. grin Jumping from tree to tree.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boggy,Go back a day or so . You heard it "here" first !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gene old bud, I tried my best but the scent of hellfire and brimstone overcome me. :>)

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't know the kind of stuff that went on at CATC, but I see it was the kind of bickering that decided me to give up on churches altogether.
Now any time I feel the need, I go out to the hills, sit under a tree and have a long talk with the guy who made all this.
He's pretty easy to get along with, don't preach much, and listens well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Uh Rick
I was down there all the time deleting posts and not telling you. I was just trying to prevent you from seeing the hateful, hurtful things being posted. Honest I only took out the bad ones! I am sure I got them all...

Sheesh! Some people are a bit narrow-minded...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

"The Catholic religion is straight out of the pits of hell."

"How can you have a "church" when heathen people gather in the name of false doctrine?"

"The devil is a master counterfeiter, do you really think he wastes his time hanging out at the Church of Satan?"

"Satan wants God's children to associate with his children in an unholy alliance -Don't do it! Billy Graham has caused millions of people to see no harm in the Catholic religion. I tell you, the Catholic religion is straight from hell."

"The Catholic church is based upon TRADITIONS and not upon the Bible. Even by twisting the Bible out of context, it's still impossible for Catholics to justify their ridiculous religion."

"Look at the creepy picture below of the Great Catholic Whore, notice the scars in her hands..." (in refernce to the Virgin Mary)

It appears to me that whoever made these quotes just wasn't focused properly. Send them down to the optics forum and they will get them straightened out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently some Campfire menbers are exempt from the admonition "Judge not"
How did you obtain such status?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
gene - thanks for the kind words.

To a Catholic who is a devout or very active - it's very difficult to separate our Catholicism from who and what we are. An attack on our Church is an an attack on us personally for many people. I think that is where a lot of this comes from also.

To be honest - I was a lapsed Catholic. I hadn't practiced my faith in a long time, but reading the bashing there stirred something in me and got me back. To me the Catholic Church is family in a very real way. Others can attest but when I came back to the church the VERY first thing Fr. John said to me was "Welcome Home". I know those same words have been spoken to others who joined the church 1000's of miles away - it's an attitude or way of living.

I liken it to more of someone slandering your family over the phone - you stand up for it then sooner or later you just hang up the phone - not out of fear of what someone is saying but tiredness. I didn't have to pick up the phone to begin with and I can put it down at any time. Thats what Rick did IMO - he put the phone down for a while.

AFAIK - Rick never said CATC is gone forever. It may be back with the flip of a switch. That said - I had noticed that there was usually 12-30 people in there all the time but few posters. The number of people chiming in here on the subject leads me to believe that many were interested. Why then weren't there more posters? Means 1 of 2 things.

1. They didn't feel comfortable posting due to the perceived tone there.
2. They had nothing to say - well that is hard to believe. I think we all could add 20k+ posts to our totals for things we wanted to say but kept our mouths shut.

Me

Page 14 of 41 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.