-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remington is re-entering a very competitive market with a damaged reputation and their flagship products have a damaged reputation as well.

The 870, 1100, and 700, when executed properly, are fantastic products with attractive prices. Ditch the rust attractant finish on the shotguns. Put a good trigger in the 700, and while I think the brazed bolt handle issue is overblown, just weld the damn thing. Remember that lightweight and twist is more important to buyers today than it was a few decades ago. Then QC QC QC. If a problem does come up. CS CS CS. Build the foundation with those basics.

Remember what you offer that others don't. The pump action centerfires are unique. They tend to be very accurate as well. Synthetic and stainless or cerakote sells today. Seems "guide guns" are still a thing and tactical does as well. A 7600 "guide" model or "tactical" model perhaps?

Build foundational products correctly the first time. Stand behind them. Innovate into niche segments with little competition.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Because there are 45 billion used ones for 350 bucks out there. Anyone who wants one has one.

That may be so in some parts of the country, but dealers in Maine are paying over $500 per unit for clean, original, 760s and then selling them for a healthy profit.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Because there are 45 billion used ones for 350 bucks out there. Anyone who wants one has one.

That may be so in some parts of the country, but dealers in Maine are paying over $500 per unit for clean, original, 760s and then selling them for a healthy profit.

Nu h h derrr. Herrr. Lol.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Remington is re-entering a very competitive market with a damaged reputation and their flagship products have a damaged reputation as well.

The 870, 1100, and 700, when executed properly, are fantastic products with attractive prices. Ditch the rust attractant finish on the shotguns. Put a good trigger in the 700, and while I think the brazed bolt handle issue is overblown, just weld the damn thing. Remember that lightweight and twist is more important to buyers today than it was a few decades ago. Then QC QC QC. If a problem does come up. CS CS CS. Build the foundation with those basics.

Remember what you offer that others don't. The pump action centerfires are unique. They tend to be very accurate as well. Synthetic and stainless or cerakote sells today. Seems "guide guns" are still a thing and tactical does as well. A 7600 "guide" model or "tactical" model perhaps?

Build foundational products correctly the first time. Stand behind them. Innovate into niche segments with little competition.

How many firearm companies have you worked for?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Three30Eight
and nobody under the age of 60 wants one

Ever hunted anything in New England? Prices for them are up over $800 now for a good one. Carbine might go $1k.

Last edited by PintsofCraft; 05/05/21.
IC B2

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I rarely see 760/7600 in shops here anymore and when I do they run about $700 and up.

And as Pintsofcraft said, carbines run over $1,000

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wink_man
Can I hear a 7600 CARBINE in .35 Remington coming into production? I'll put an order for TWO of them right now.

Make that Carbine with a 20" bbl and you'll have the perfect short range deer rifle.

The Fudds will go nutz over that one, including me. smile

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Can I hear a 7600 CARBINE in .35 Remington coming into production? I'll put an order for TWO of them right now.

Make that Carbine with a 20" bbl and you'll have the perfect short range deer rifle.

Black bear on bait and hogs too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Nu h h derrr. Herrr. Lol.

You taking language class from Big Stick ?

Laugh at you.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I’d be a buyer too 😉

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, those were disappointing answers. The whole thing was grey middle management speak. There was no definite specific goal described in the whole thing. You are not going to pin that guy down.

Last edited by CarlsenHighway; 05/05/21.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by MagMarc

I’d be a buyer too 😉

In my humble opinion, I think there is a much bigger market out there for a good pump action rifle like the 760/7600 than the bolt guys realize.

Ain't no way the "Amish Machine Gun" is selling for $350 in Pa, they are too highly prized. And if they are, give me the LGS address or a link and I'll buy them for $350.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Well, those were disappointing answers. The whole thing was grey middle management speak. There was no tone definite specific goal described in the whole thing. You are not going to pin that guy down.

I agree fully !!!!

Garry
Trump won !!!
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The whole time he is answering your questions with words like "Legacy" or "sustainability" or "moving forward" if you don't keep your eye on him, youll turn around and find him swallowing you like a python..."foundational" gulp "focus driven approach" gulp "consumer trust" gulp

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

None here in the South for $350. have I seen in years.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

In my humble opinion, I think there is a much bigger market out there for a good pump action rifle like the 760/7600 than the bolt guys realize.

Ain't no way the "Amish Machine Gun" is selling for $350 in Pa, they are too highly prized. And if they are, give me the LGS address or a link and I'll buy them for $350.

You can call me a "cross shooter"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like bolts & pumps.

There is a 6mm Rem & 30-06 that CAN'T be bought.
The other 2 are not likely to be sold either.

I was skeptical of the pumps at first even tho my Dad had a 760, 30-06 as his only rifle for years.
They proved their value to me.
6mm Rem, 270 Win, & 30-06 shoot accurately the SAME loads as bolt actions.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Grice had them for that amount...used.

I don't give a damn if you believe that they were there or not. Fact is they were.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Moved on from Remington many years ago. Too many others that don't have issues, or will shoot from the box. Saying that, the wife does have a couple. An older 870 Light Weight Limited and a Model 7. Both are good. Remington was one of the few makers that had something for a short statured person that was balanced. I hope they can come back, they did have many very good offerings. The later ones not so much.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jwall

You can call me a "cross shooter"

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like bolts & pumps.

There is a 6mm Rem & 30-06 that CAN'T be bought.
The other 2 are not likely to be sold either.

I was skeptical of the pumps at first even tho my Dad had a 760, 30-06 as his only rifle for years.
They proved their value to me.
6mm Rem, 270 Win, & 30-06 shoot accurately the SAME loads as bolt actions.
Jerry

I'm with you Jerry, I like pumps and bolts.
And I like the Jamomatic I have in .308 that functions flawlessly, so much so that I just purchased another in 270 I'll be picking up tomorrow.
7MM Rem Mag, 270 Win., 30-06, 6MM Rem., 308 Win, 35 Rem., it's all good !!!!
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not too long ago used 760 and 7600 rifles were common in the pawn shops here. And somewhat occasionally in local forums. I paid $200, but I think $300 was more typical. I haven't checked in awhile though.

I'm partial to the 760 corncob with front swivel on the tube, not the barrel. Cool rifles, and I dig the design. But I still think that guys that like pump rifles already own one or several. Most new shooters (coworkers or friends) that I help are interested in a Ruger American, not a pump action.

Obviously Remington has the sales numbers and will plan accordingly.

Last edited by 4th_point; 05/05/21.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.