Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ironbender
There’d have been a big problem if anyone at a school laid a hand on my kids.

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

Then YOU are a part of the problem.

BINGO !

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.
Pretty consistent bitchin’ that public schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers nowadays, but it’s OK for em’ to discipline people’s kids...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I never gave an adult figure (school the street or otherwise) a reason to need to paddle me when I was a kid. My dad would have beat me 10x worse if I had. Don’t get me wrong, I had a GREAT dad, miss him every day, but he wouldn’t tolerate his children being rude, or difficult to a teacher, or any other figure of authority. For that reason, all 3 of his children have grown up to be responsible, well balanced adults. IMHO, there’s not enough of that nowadays. Hence participation, and last place trophies!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Pretty consistent bitchin’ that public schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers nowadays, but it’s OK for em’ to discipline people’s kids...?

Most of the teachers today doing the indoctrination want nothing to do with corporal punishment and “feel” like the parents shouldn’t either. I highly doubt this kid was being spanked for having differing political views. They seem to be telling her that she has behavioral problem both at school and especially at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt that is a public school. Are there any public schools in the US that still allow corporal punishment?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From Jr.High through High School I think I got whacks every year.
Never recall one that actually hurt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

Respect for authority has to begin somewhere. Don't be stupid.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I doubt that is a public school. Are there any public schools in the US that still allow corporal punishment?

In my area it is available with signed permission.

However, total expulsion packs a much heavier weight. I know of two cases where kids were expunged from the system for their behavior.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been say that this needs to happen everyday, everytime to a kid that is out of line and the [bleep] would stop.

My dad always said that the quickest way to a kids brain was through his ass👍 scientifically proven!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Respect for authority has to begin somewhere.
Does the government controlled public school system have any respect for the taxpayers who fund all of it...? Is the government controlled public school system held accountable for its pitiful performance...? Is public education itself a failure...?
Don't be stupid.
You mean like expecting these same folks (mentioned above) to teach a child “respect for authority” when they can’t even teach them academics...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MARCEL

BINGO !

Paul Barnyard defends the lil' Dindu Nuffin boys. LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From age 11 on I was subject to being struck on the hand with leather strap at school by an order of Irish Christian Brothers. Talk in class - ya got the strap, didn’t do yer Latin homework -ya got the strap, late for class, ya got the strap etc etc...

Stung like a SOB but I dunno how much of a deterrent it was, this was an all boys school. That cold-blooded psychological warfare that was an English Grammar School classroom still went on.

One time a Christian Brother lost it and whaled and whaled on some kid with the strap while that kid was curled up in a fetal position on the floor trying to ward off the blows. The other Masters from adjacent classrooms heard the commotion and pulled the Christian Brother off.

Next day the guy just apologized to the class and it was business as usual. We understood, that kid has willfully pushed that guy’s buttons until he snapped.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Re: Paul B's comment about not tolerating a teacher/administrator verbally reprimanding his child, that's ridiculous. I'm sure his child is a great kid and that's awesome. However, kids are kids and they make mistakes. If Paul B. thinks for one hot minute that if his kid is goofing up in class somehow, like maybe talking when they shouldn't be, disrupting the class, not working when they should be or whatever little thing that happens daily in a typical classroom and the teacher shouldn't verbally straighten that out right away he's delusional. Nobody has time to call home for mommy and daddy to come to school and handle whatever little issue is at hand. Your child doesn't get to disrupt the learning process for the other students. In life when you mess up somebody will put you in your place and mommy and daddy aren't always going to be around to run interference. Let your child learn how to accept responsibility, deal with other people and fix their mistakes on their own. Or, raise some snowflake that can't deal with life. Clean out your basement, they are gonna be around the house for a long long time.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
My son was in kindergarten..maybe first grade. He was all boy. If he saw a cricket running across the floor, he'd jump up in the middle of class and go catch it. If the kick ball went over the fence on the playground, he'd climb over and go get it. Teachers had a hard time controlling him. He wasn't being disrespectful, he just didn't realize they had different rules than he had at home. I tried to teach him to be independent. If he needed something on the counter, I taught him to climb up and get it. Well, teachers were having a hard time, so after about the second time of them calling me leaving work to go out to the school, I had a pretty serious talk with him and asked the teachers to step outside. I busted his butt and told him to listen and behave. He's bawling. I opened the door and they're all out in the hall bawling too . I looked at them and asked what they thought was going to happen? That lasted for a couple of months. The last time they called, I said "look, he already respects me. Do you have a paddle on that campus?? Yes sir. Then use it. But stop calling me at work." I asked my son that evening if he got paddled at school. No. They couldn't do it. Lol.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bosque
My son was in kindergarten..maybe first grade. He was all boy. If he saw a cricket running across the floor, he'd jump up in the middle of class and go catch it. If the kick ball went over the fence on the playground, he'd climb over and go get it. Teachers had a hard time controlling him. He wasn't being disrespectful, he just didn't realize they had different rules than he had at home. I tried to teach him to be independent. If he needed something on the counter, I taught him to climb up and get it. Well, teachers were having a hard time, so after about the second time of them calling me leaving work to go out to the school, I had a pretty serious talk with him and asked the teachers to step outside. I busted his butt and told him to listen and behave. He's bawling. I opened the door and they're all out in the hall bawling too . I looked at them and asked what they thought was going to happen? That lasted for a couple of months. The last time they called, I said "look, he already respects me. Do you have a paddle on that campus?? Yes sir. Then use it. But stop calling me at work." I asked my son that evening if he got paddled at school. No. They couldn't do it. Lol.

It works like this as a parent, I was told back in the day.

When your behavior changes, the pain will stop.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Me either. But mine are all 30 or older and bigger than I am so if I tried to step in they'd probably tell me to go sit in the corner while they handled it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Birdie knows the routine. In our school, it was the nuns first, ruler across the knuckles on your desk. If the pointer came out you were in serious scheidt. If that didn't work, Monsignor had a belt and was not afraid to used. Being an Irishman, he probably was taught by Birdie's Christian Brothers.

I seem to recall a ruler/yardstick broken across my knuckles once.

When this scene came up in the movie theater where I watched it when first released, I howled with laughter when she grabbed that pointer after breaking the ruler. BTDT!

I don't recall getting the paddle in HS.........................................I just got detention and suspension.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

+P

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Between the 6th and 8th grade, I bet I got paddled 12 to 15 times. Got lit up pretty good a few of those times. Several times they put a lock on my locker, forcing me to carry all my books around all day. In the end, they won. Mr Fox (Principal) and my Dad saw to it. I was as broke as Cool Hand Luke when they got done with me. Today I have much respect for all involved in correcting my behavior. I got what I deserved.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.