Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Escalades are for drug dealers/pimps, pompous aholes, or somebody that found an old one cheap.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by whistle1
I am thinking about ordering the Escalade. For the last 10 years I have been driving a 4x4 F-150 and before that it was a 250 with the V-10 engine. I am pretty much out of the horse business so pulling a goose-neck is no longer a consideration.
I find myself wanting luxury and creature comforts so have thought about several options. ie the Escalade, fully loaded, the Lincoln Navigator or an Expedition Platinum. 4x4 is a must and I would usually be traveling by myself w/ one dog, sometimes another person but rarely. I need enough room for some canvas tentage and camping and fishing/hunting gear but that would not take up that much space.

Am in the research stage right now and would be grateful if anyone here had any experience with a later model Escalade.
Thanks

e

Wife has had a Yukon Denali and now has an Escalade. The Escalade is a lot nicer and rides better. I’m not enamored with all the electronic gadgets but the ride is better. So far, the Yukon had more issues than the Caddy. Haven’t had any real issues with the Caddy. Had several with the Denali.

I prefer the Cadillac and the Denali to any of the Ford products because of the engine. The 6.2 is about the best engine out there. It has plenty of power and it is t some souped up six cylinder or even four banger like they put in the Expeditions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not that it means much but it seems the favorite automobile for big time athletes is the Navigator. Maybe it affords more legroom than the others, but its a staple of professionals.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You see a lot of fat gurls driving Escalades!!!

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Yukon Denali, or Tahoe High Country or Premier.

Luxurious vehicles without many of the electrical only functions of the Escalade. Most every function on the Escalade is touch screen. Yukon and Tahoe have a touchscreen also, but not near as complicated.

Expect 6 figures for the Escalade and around 80 for the Denali or High Country.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd be embarrassed to ride around in a Escalade

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think the Escalade is an overpriced POS.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had no idea an escalade was offered in 4wd.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You can’t get a V-8 in the Navigator or Expedition.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Two of the people in our campground had Escalades; briefly. One now drives a Lexus and the other a Mercedes. Both said they breathed a sigh of relief when they handed over the keys to the Caddy. GD

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I if were in the market for a ghetto status symbol the Escalade would be the first vehicle I'd look at.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldn’t do it for several reasons. The people that drive them are almost all what I call fake rich. They have a complex of look at me I made it in life. It’s a lot of times a fake titted bleach blonde driving them. Without fail I say to myself when I see someone driving one. I wonder how much real estate got bought? Probably none. It’s people who waste their money on a depreciating asset, all for what? To look cool? And depreciate they do. After 4 years they are only a few thousand more than a Tahoe.

But I do think kinda the same about the expeditions platimunms and the navigators I see around. People who pretty much have no business driving them because they have done nothing to secure lasting wealth for themselves. The funny thing is the people focused on that never buy those vehicles even though they can most afford it. None of the people I know that “really got it” by truly earning it and making it would drive an Escalade. Invest the 80k in real estate that cash flows enough to to make the payment on the Escalade? Now we are talking. That is respectful and I will not make fun of the decision.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Lease one and if you like it, buy it at the end of the lease.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I couldn’t do it for several reasons. The people that drive them are almost all what I call fake rich. They have a complex of look at me I made it in life. It’s a lot of times a fake titted bleach blonde driving them. Without fail I say to myself when I see someone driving one. I wonder how much real estate got bought? Probably none. It’s people who waste their money on a depreciating asset, all for what? To look cool? And depreciate they do. After 4 years they are only a few thousand more than a Tahoe.

The other day I drove by an Escalade and I thought 'Hey, there's an Escalade.'

Your life sounds way more exciting.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don’t let the poors get you down. The Caddy, the Yukon, and the Tahoe are all GM trucks. GM generally makes good trucks. They are as reliable as any other GM truck and the only thing more electronic on the Cadillac than anything else nowadays is that it doesn’t have gauges. Otherwise, your average Chevrolet pick-up nowadays has enough cameras and electronics to dock the space shuttle. It’s overpriced, but they all are nowadays.

But the best advice would be to wait a year or two no matter what you buy. Used cars are selling for $10k or $12k OVER Blue Book at auction and new ones for that much over sticker NOT INVOICE, but sticker because of production shortages.

As for depreciation. Well, my buddy sells them. His wife just put 5k on a Denali and he is selling it for almost $20k more than he paid for it.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/07/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Tint the windows real dark, they'll think you're a real life Watermelon Bandit

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I drive a 17 navigator. In my mind Iwanted a v 8 but the 3.5 twin turbo 6 is the only option. It has pleny of power. Fast, quiet and smooth. IMO gm quality is [bleep] these days. I was down to the expedition, navigator or a,platinum suequia.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I drive an 88 Suburban.

Makes an Escalade seem gayer'n aids.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I do love these threads though. These are the threads where guys driving $60k pick-ups call people driving $90k Cadillacs “fake rich”.

I honestly don’t know what to do. If you want something decent and new, you’re going to pay more than $50k for it. If you go used, you’re probably going to pay $40k and get a schittier interest rate to boot. To get down in the $30k and $20k range you’re suddenly looking at high mileage. That’s a lot to pay for something with more than 100k miles on it.

If you’re going to be making payments anyway, the difference between $60k and $90k is just a few hundred a month more. I drive a 2013 pick-up. I tell my wife she can drive whatever she thinks that she can afford. I listen to her bitch about my schitty truck and I’m just going to keep driving it for now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

But I do think kinda the same about the expeditions platimunms and the navigators I see around. People who pretty much have no business driving them because they have done nothing to secure lasting wealth for themselves. The funny thing is the people focused on that never buy those vehicles even though they can most afford it. None of the people I know that “really got it” by truly earning it and making it would drive an Escalade. Invest the 80k in real estate that cash flows enough to to make the payment on the Escalade? Now we are talking. That is respectful and I will not make fun of the decision.

When is your book coming out, Dave Ramsey Jr?

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,261
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.