Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

and I own a Mercedes GL series.

Wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. One of my tenants is a Mercedes Tech with all the certs.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
OK, I am getting it narrowed down to either the Expedition Platinum(maybe Max) and the Yukon Denali(maybe XL). I will wait to see what the 2022s of each look like, which will be available for order later this summer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GM gets $0 from me.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Elilad is ma favorite ride!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Cracker in hunt club has one jacked up with brush guard and winch. It appears to do well off road for him. That means deep ruts and mud.

Ran into big money timber investor way back in woods once. He was in a Lexus station wagon. Us regular folks don't even drive our trucks back there.

Point being luxury versions are capable. Buy what you want. I'd buy used though.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If it's just you and the dog, I wouldn't even bother with a full size truck. I'd get a midsize.

You would get a lavender Prius.

Only you would think of something like that. Is there something you're trying to tell us?

You would look fabulous at those defund the police rallies.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Full3r
Toyota Land Cruiser. Luxury+reliability

I’ve actually got one of these too, a restored “79”. Luxury isn’t quite the term I’d use for that one.

Osky

Certainly my choice!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

He was in a Lexus station wagon. Us regular folks don't even drive our trucks back there Buy what you want. I'd buy used though.

exactly......let the original owner eat any depreciation

Whole lots more depreciation in a GM or Ford than Toyota/Lexus

Oh......reliablity mentioned too

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/JTJHY7AX2H4225800

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned quite a few GM vehicles in my lifetime, but looking back I realized the latest one was a 1999 Suburban 4x4. Based on that experience and what I have kept hearing about GM since 1999, General Motors is at the very bottom of the heap. I've been having WAAAAAY better luck with Fords since the early 90s.

I got really pissed at Ford over Motorcraft warranties back about eight months ago and swore there'd never be another Ford in my garage. When it came time to fish or cut bait, I went shopping for another F150 as "my last vehicle"...we'll see about that. I just could not bring myself to even look at Dodge (okay, RAM for you sticklers) or GM. Toyota might have been an option, but for various reasons I stuck with Ford and put a 2015 5.0 Lariat 4x4 with 55,000 miles in the garage (never bought a brand new car in my life, just doesn't make sense to me). I'm lovin it, too.

If I WAS in the market for an SUV, my past experiences with GM vehicles would prevent me from even considering looking at an Escalade.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
If it's just you and the dog, I wouldn't even bother with a full size truck. I'd get a midsize.

Only you would think of something like that. Is there something you're trying to tell us?

Lame.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by whistle1
I am thinking about ordering the Escalade. For the last 10 years I have been driving a 4x4 F-150 and before that it was a 250 with the V-10 engine. I am pretty much out of the horse business so pulling a goose-neck is no longer a consideration.
I find myself wanting luxury and creature comforts so have thought about several options. ie the Escalade, fully loaded, the Lincoln Navigator or an Expedition Platinum. 4x4 is a must and I would usually be traveling by myself w/ one dog, sometimes another person but rarely. I need enough room for some canvas tentage and camping and fishing/hunting gear but that would not take up that much space.

Am in the research stage right now and would be grateful if anyone here had any experience with a later model Escalade.
Thanks

e

Just traveled to a track meet with a friend and he has a 2018 Escalade. Nice truck for highway trips, at least from the passenger seat. Quiet and smooth. Don't know about MPG but it has plenty of power. Comfortable seats. About 5 hours in the truck just last week.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one should drive one unless they are a multi millionaire. Read the book millionaire next door. Got a buddy who is lucky to pull down 90k a year but has assets nearly a million and multiple times the wealth of his friends making 250k or more per year.

I read an article that GM makes the closest to sales price on them than other models. It reminds me of my son. Get a little money in his pocket and he blows it. The type of people that buy them are the worst at negotiating.

Buy an asset that generates enough to make the payment. Watch the video. Between that and what I said I just taught y’all something more valuable than what you learn in 4 years of college.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Mercedes GL550

I'd run from that car

and I own a Mercedes GL series.

Wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. One of my tenants is a Mercedes Tech with all the certs.

I've heard when they started building them in Alabama, they started having problems.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that U Tube fugger is full of himself---------------

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/07/21.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you should be millionaire to drive an Escalade, how much should you be making to drive a $60k pickup?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Lame.

Oh snap!

You go Karen!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 163bc
Originally Posted by Full3r
Toyota Land Cruiser. Luxury+reliability

this n never look back

My first thought before I finished reading the OP

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Except that the Land Cruiser is no longer sold in the US.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No one should drive one unless they are a multi millionaire. Read the book millionaire next door. Got a buddy who is lucky to pull down 90k a year but has assets nearly a million and multiple times the wealth of his friends making 250k or more per year.

I read an article that GM makes the closest to sales price on them than other models. It reminds me of my son. Get a little money in his pocket and he blows it. The type of people that buy them are the worst at negotiating.

Buy an asset that generates enough to make the payment. Watch the video. Between that and what I said I just taught y’all something more valuable than what you learn in 4 years of college.

a net worth of a million dollars isn't really that impressive anymore. Do agree with buying a lightly used vehicle. Well Cadillacs are well known for their electrical problems like Mercedes and BMW's. Look at their resale value and depreciation after 4 to 5 years

Last edited by ribka; 05/07/21.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I say go for it and make your first road trip to the Miami airport.

Good luck!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,541
Posts18,472,864
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.