Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 16bore
Imagine a waitress on a $15/hour minimum wage.

#slowerthanoldcoot

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by killerv
That's why they have money.

No it isn't.

Explain.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Tipping waitresses is part of their pay. Without tips your meal would cost more. Fine, but I'm not tipping big for grits n eggs like it's a gourmet restaurant. IHOP would never pay that well.

Waitresses I've known personally laugh at men who overtip. They play up to them to get the tips though. Kinda sad.

Hate tipping guides when they own the ranch or boat. Just add it to the price. Also think owners should pay their hands enough so you don't need to help them out. I like to hunt with people not be a sport. Having money involved is weird.

Recently had an older gentleman refuse a tip. He worked at the resort but he just wasn't that kind of fella. I'm with him. A job well done is its own reward.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I usually tip at least 20%, many times more, but tipping has gone full retard in the U.S. A $12 tip at a breakfast place for refilling a cup of coffee? That's crazy and the problem is that it gradually becomes expected as more and more people try to be the big man thinking that cute waitress will actually give you the time of day. Now fast food places are expecting tips for handing you a bag with a burger and fries in it, many even have the tip on the screen if you pay by credit, all for a "server" that never took a step away from the cash register.

Dillonbuck is right, our country is one of the few places where you're expected to tip. I travel for work and in the far east you don't tip, in Japan it's considered an insult to offer a tip, you're basically telling them that they're beneath you. In Europe it's basically round up the change, you'll never see a european leaving a 20% tip in a restaurant, it'll be a couple of euros at most.

I tip more than most because I don't want to be "that guy", but the system is screwed up when we've allowed restaurant owners to shift the burden of paying their employees wages on to the customer instead of themselves. In the long run you're not helping the server so much as padding the restaurant's profit margin.

This and then some, I just hate eating out anymore period. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heeler

Several years back had a pre-bid conference down there for some construction work. Stopped at a McDonald's for lunch. Old fart was at the counter lamenting at being charged for a second soft drink in addition to the cheap double cheeseburger combo meal he was buying. A couple minutes later his saw his wife cutting that burger in half.

I cannot fathom going to that area voluntarily.

Agree

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heeler

At the time I did notice a startling lack of nice, sit-down type restaurants.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of cousin fugking retards than in south Texas.

It's one thing to be born into it, anybody that winters there should be shot.

Lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I usually tip at least 20%, many times more, but tipping has gone full retard in the U.S. A $12 tip at a breakfast place for refilling a cup of coffee? That's crazy and the problem is that it gradually becomes expected as more and more people try to be the big man thinking that cute waitress will actually give you the time of day. Now fast food places are expecting tips for handing you a bag with a burger and fries in it, many even have the tip on the screen if you pay by credit, all for a "server" that never took a step away from the cash register.

Dillonbuck is right, our country is one of the few places where you're expected to tip. I travel for work and in the far east you don't tip, in Japan it's considered an insult to offer a tip, you're basically telling them that they're beneath you. In Europe it's basically round up the change, you'll never see a european leaving a 20% tip in a restaurant, it'll be a couple of euros at most.

I tip more than most because I don't want to be "that guy", but the system is screwed up when we've allowed restaurant owners to shift the burden of paying their employees wages on to the customer instead of themselves. In the long run you're not helping the server so much as padding the restaurant's profit margin.

Excellent post. I would also ask why the tip is expected to be a percentage of the total bill instead of a flat amount.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I usually tip between 15-20% regardless, if service is great 50%, exceptional service is usually tipped more than the meal. I didn't ever tip more than 30%, but the Gov has fućķd the local restaurants so badly it's the little I can do to help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fishing friend offered after dinner cigars to the group one evening. Wanted to be reimbursed as we were wrapping up the trip.

To the other side on tips: When out of town for meetings our small circle eats well and tips well if service is good. Once left a restaurant in San Diego, and the waiter came out behind us screaming about our being a bunch of cheap bastards. One of the party went back in, retrieved the $75.00 in cash we had left beneath a saucer, counted same in the waiter's face, and was out the door with cash in hand.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Tipping waitresses is part of their pay. Without tips your meal would cost more. Fine, but I'm not tipping big for grits n eggs like it's a gourmet restaurant. IHOP would never pay that well.

Waitresses I've known personally laugh at men who overtip. They play up to them to get the tips though. Kinda sad.

Hate tipping guides when they own the ranch or boat. Just add it to the price. Also think owners should pay their hands enough so you don't need to help them out. I like to hunt with people not be a sport. Having money involved is weird.

Recently had an older gentleman refuse a tip. He worked at the resort but he just wasn't that kind of fella. I'm with him. A job well done is its own reward.

Are you ever not full of shidt?

MAGA
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Excellent post. I would also ask why the tip is expected to be a percentage of the total bill instead of a flat amount.

So the same tip whether serving 10 people or 1?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's why they have money.

No it isn't.

Explain.

Success does not equal cheap.

To say otherwise is bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The fact that you didn't make the fellow take your tip says a lot about your character. Waitresses don't laugh at big tippers. Just making schit up again. The past year you should be tipping at least 20 per cent when eating out.

Last edited by ribka; 05/07/21.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Higginez
With the Vid flying around I’ve increased my tipping to the point of borderline stupidity. I’m. very thankful for those willing to work when they could be sitting on their ass making better money.

This 👆🏻 And I tell them thanks for getting off their ass and going to work not staying home getting the easy money

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I tend to tip very well for service I deem decent and up. That said, if I feel that the wait staff sucked the tip is minimal to none. For me it's about the effort. Why tip high? Because I can. I'm not wealthy but I'm financially better off then the average wait staff. To further what Nestucca said, If we took better care of each other in our communities there might just be less desire to loaf around on welfare.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An automatic tip of 20+ percent makes no sense to me. The whole tipping in general, really. Especially percentages.

So, if I order a meal on the menu that cost a bit more than someone else at the next table, and the waitress/waiter has done the same amount work, why should I be "socially obligated" to pay more (because tipping in general is based on a percentage of the bill)? Really dumb concept and I don't play that game.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting to see how the cheapskates rationalize.
20% should be the minimum, as has been mentioned, especially over the past year when restaurants have been hit harder than most other business.
Bitch how they will stay at home and collect unemployment; then bitch about coming up with an adequate tip for the ones willing to serve you.
I wish there had been a tip jar at the grocery checkout, I'd have left $10 or more every trip.
If you don't like tipping eat at home and take a lunch.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Boomer~"The damn kids don't want to work!!!"
Waitress making $2.13 an hour~"Thanks Boomer for the 50cent tip."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You gots the inside lame with the waitresses.

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tipping (and the amount) is solely at the discretion of the individual, and the "minimal amount/percentage" that some feel everyone should pony up automatically irregardless of service, attitude, and competence is laughable and ludicrous. You're $$ and your decision gentlemen, and while the intention of most may seem to be well placed, the culture in general regarding tipping and what is now expected is downright stupid and ill serving.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,989 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.