-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No lies then no inventive stories. Kind of like when I went to school it was in the snow and was up hill both ways. No aliens here today.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well, folks, if you are talking of the Lord's name in vain, just don't do it.

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin.

It isn't.

Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God."

If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.

I've honestly learned and understand more about religion from posts like this on this very site, than I did in two years of confirmation.

Of course, when you're 14 and have Stacie R. rubbing your balls with her stocking foot under the table for two hours every Wednesday night, you don't pay much attention to what the Pastor is trying to teach you....

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin. It isn't. Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God." If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.
I've honestly learned and understand more about religion from posts like this on this very site, than I did in two years of confirmation.
Good. If the subject (religion) were banished from this wide open discussion forum...as some would have it...you wouldn’t have even seen the edifying posts to which you referred. I gain some valuable insight from guys here...including those who normally don’t routinely post on the religious threads, and including those who don’t profess to be Christians...there are some insightful men here.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Taking the Lord's name in vain has nothing to do with exclaiming "Jesus fugking Christ" after hitting your finger with a hammer or saying "god damnit" when you drop your car keys. But of course 90% of the idiots that fill up those big buildings every Sunday morning will gleefully tell you it's a sin.

It isn't.

Taking the Lord's name in vain means you're using people's faith and belief in God to do evil things. Examples of this would be convincing minors to suck your dick in the name of the Lord (Dave Koresh) or to swindle people out of their money (Jimmy Swaggart) or to commit heinous acts by presenting yourself as a prophet that can communicate with God directly (Jim Jones.) It can also mean to blaspheme God. i.e. "He is not the one true God."

If people actually read the God damned Bible, they would know this type of schit.

Of course, when you're 14 and have Stacie R. rubbing your balls with her stocking foot under the table for two hours every Wednesday night, you don't pay much attention to what the Pastor is trying to teach you....

Weird name for a preacher, stacie.

MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

It isn't.

Weird name for a preacher, stacie.

Gruff! The lightening! God Dammit! The lightening!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
lol

MAGA
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

282 members (2ndwind, 300s, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 39 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,012
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.