Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Willto
And yet a cousin fuggin Alabama retard will show his profound preference for modern hunting arms by taking to the field with a pointy stick and string

Kind of flies in the face of your assertion about my hunting skills. Way harder to kill them with a stick and string than a rifle. And yet I still prefer a bow over a 30-30. LOL!

A 30-30 should come with a kit when you buy it that has a pair of tennis shoes and a ball-peen hammer in it. Shoot; slip on the tennis shoes; run down your deer; and finish it off with the hammer. LOL!

Maybe throw in a nostalgic themed DVD talking about the last decade the 30-30 was relevant to anyone besides some Ted Kaczynski shut in that hasn't ventured into town for 40 years. Maybe throw in a coupon for 30% off on Metamucil. What a great 30-30 package deal. LOL!
Hmmm, I don't know. I never found it terribly difficult to kill deer with a bow myself, or a .22 rifle, or a handgun or muzzleloader or shotgun. Seems like a genuine Alabama retard is the only one having trouble here and is just too stupid to see it. LMAO

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by pete53
put it this way if you have a open mind ? my Ruger #1 - 257 Weatherby mag. in my hands will kill a big whitetail buck or a bull elk easier with my one single shot faster right behind the front shoulder at any distance much better than any 30-30 ever made can rather its 30 feet or 500 yards . > yes as a kid i used a 30-30 lever with no safety and killed deer , but for a kid these old levers are dangerous to use for kids and many adults with no decent safety when unloading, if you love your kids or grandkids buy them a rifle with a safety at least ! >and no you have not been trolled <
Hey Rip Van Winkle, they've been making lever guns with safeties for unloading for 38 years now. Bring that .257 Weatherby to the Adirondacks. The locals will get a kick out of it.

i seen the Deliverance movie ,you boys i mean boys are kinda busy with your banjo`s, that`s why you boys use that 30-30 .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
put it this way if you have a open mind ? my Ruger #1 - 257 Weatherby mag. in my hands will kill a big whitetail buck or a bull elk easier with my one single shot faster right behind the front shoulder at any distance much better than any 30-30 ever made can rather its 30 feet or 500 yards . > yes as a kid i used a 30-30 lever with no safety and killed deer , but for a kid these old levers are dangerous to use for kids and many adults with no decent safety when unloading, if you love your kids or grandkids buy them a rifle with a safety at least ! >and no you have not been trolled <
Hey Rip Van Winkle, they've been making lever guns with safeties for unloading for 38 years now. Bring that .257 Weatherby to the Adirondacks. The locals will get a kick out of it.

i seen the Deliverance movie ,you boys i mean boys are kinda busy with your banjo`s, that`s why you boys use that 30-30 .
Ahh yes, Deliverance. That was those cousin fuggin West Virginan's. The Adirondack's ain't in West Virginia dummy.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Have you ever seen someone more happy to be “retired” I.e. getting unemployment with full corona benefits LMAO?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
[quote=BobBrown]Have you ever seen someone more happy to be “retired” I.e. getting unemployment with full corona benefits LMAO?
Funny as hell you think I need unemployment or "full corona benefits", whatever the hell that means but then you think riding a scooter and playing golf is cool. LOL

#cousinfugginretard

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Deflave is possibly crushed cuz Bleck Furt is dissing him.

LMaO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure didn't take too awfully long for this to become a pizzing match. laugh

I've killed a few deer with the 30-30 and none ran very far after being shot. These days I consider the 30-30 a fun gun; one I shoot for pleasure. FWIW, over half the deer I took with the 30-30 were shot with a 170 gr. cast bullet. These days the 30-30 goes on desert hikes usually load with my pet cast bullet load. Just fun walking around scaring the bejabbers out of running jackrabbits and taking an occasional coyote.

These days I do use more modern cartridges and like the .308, 30-06 .300 Win. Mag. and .35 Whelen, especially the latter if I'm after elk. However, I'm in the middle of a love affair with the 7x57 as far as pleasant shooting goes but have yet to hunt game. Stuff just keeps getting in the way.

My take on the .243 is I really do not like it. Years back when I lived in a small Nevada town, I took neighbor kids on their first deer hunts. They used the .243 Mauser I had at the time. Load was a near max and the 100 gr. Hornady. Four deer were taken. One dropped on the spot, two ran 50 to 75 yards before dropping and one easily 250 yards before running into a fence, then falling back and running into the fence again before expiring. Upon opening it up the heart and most of the lungs were Jello. I never could figure out what kept that deer on its feet.

Would I ever shoot another deer with on of my 30-30s? You never can tell. If the situation was right I see no reason why I shouldn't take the shot.

There's a story in an old Outdoor Life where a guy shot a grizzly bear that tied the world's record. He couldn't enter it in the books because he shot the bear though the head with his (GASP!) 30-30.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
For the record I've just been having fun with Willto and have enjoyed it. I hope that goes both ways and he's enjoyed it too.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For the record I've just been having fun with Willto and have enjoyed it. I hope that goes both ways and he's enjoyed it too.

Same. Funny stuff.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Same. Funny stuff.

Phaggs

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Same. Funny stuff.

Phaggs

Says the guy named after a Frank Zappa song about a transsexual. LOL!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Same. Funny stuff.

Phaggs

We’re talking about 30-30’s here. You guys take your homo-erotic flirting somewhere else.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bellydeep

Same. Funny stuff.

Phaggs

We’re talking about 30-30’s here. You guys take your homo-erotic flirting somewhere else.

You and your boyfriend Francis need to lighten up.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Meanwhile, back on topic:
Every 30 WCF I’ve ever fired recoiled as much as a 30 Government with 200 gr bullets.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
From an article on bullet calibre and killing on relatively fragile White Tail Deer: Why Rifle Calibers Don't Matter Much.

From the Article:

"Once you get to at least a .24 caliber bullet of reasonable sectional density (about .218), construction and sufficient impact velocity to destroy blood-bearing organs and quickly end circulation, the differences in killing power become minor on a light and fragile animal like a whitetail deer. We might like to think that at 150 yards, the maximum range at which an estimated 98% of deer are taken, there is a huge difference between a relatively low energy .30-30 and a more than double the energy .300 Magnum. However, there is actually no significant difference in killing power. Both are more than sufficient to take a whitetail deer quickly, cleanly and efficiently."

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Randy Wakeman…… now that’s undisputed authority.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,449
Posts18,471,018
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.