Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I typically carry both. I really don't want to have to skin another bear to give it to the state. I've had to shoot 4 already!

is that true for the road system side as well?

over on the west side, any of the side bays off uganik, ugashik... a gunshot was like a dinner bell.

and is it that bad for elk hunts on afognak? my buddy from kodiak pulled a bull elk tag and debating if we should do a surf/deer/elk trip this fall.

had a few run ins with the grumpy brown suit local over down in pashagshak while surfing but i think a dude in a black wetsuit and a huge white board was something not to be messed with and they boogied.

I think the dinner bell thing is overrated. I've never had it happen and I have hunted all over the island. Mostly foxes come in

I had it happen on Afognak. The bear came in on a string and nobody will convince me it wasn't due to the gunshots.

Maybe it is a rare occurrence...I dunno. Sounds like it happens fairly often on Montague Island too. I have never had it happen in MT or WY though which is kind of surprising to me. Just a matter of time I guess.