Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I was recently informed from a UofC student that it is now mandatory for all (white??) students to take a “white privilege” course in order to attend.

It’s embarrassing to be human IMO.

Pitter Patter!
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The video of the Calgary mayor talking about the mask mandates is just typical liberal nonsense. They make things up to suit their own agenda, and totally ignore real science, like the two largest studies ever done on masks that showed the offer no protection and can cause harm...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Nashville
I was recently informed from a UofC student that it is now mandatory for all (white??) students to take a “white privilege” course in order to attend.

Do you have a link for this?

I could not find anything on line about any mandatory "white privilege" course in order to attend.

There are various voluntary courses about racial sensitivity and profiling and such from several sources, but I found nothing about a compulsory University of Calgary course like you describe.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
It was only in conversation as they were quite distraught over the matter. As a student they said they have no choice and HAVE to take a course in order to continue to be a student there.

Pitter Patter!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It was only in conversation as they were quite distraught over the matter. As a student they said they have no choice and HAVE to take a course in order to continue to be a student there.

Yes, but this is only hearsay really, and what are perceived as facts often turn out to be simply a rumor.

I am not saying that it isn't true, but without any actual link or evidence to substantiate it, at this point it is not credible.

IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I can ask them again for better details which we could substantiate next time I speak with them.

If you would like to pursue it further for yourself in the mean time, feel free to contact UofC and inquire.

Pitter Patter!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I can ask them again for better details which we could substantiate next time I speak with them.

If you would like to pursue it further for yourself in the mean time, feel free to contact UofC and inquire.

It's your claim. You should provide the link.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Does not surprise me at all. I see government job postings every day that say " First Nation Hire Preferred." The government is breeding racism.Typical liberal MO. Keep people fighting amongst each other. Divide and conquer. Its gotten so bad up here that its getting harder and harder for local companies to compete because if a company can show some FN ownership they get extra points in the bidding process. Then its standard in contracts now that companies have to agree to a certain amount of FN hires or they get fined for every day they dont have the right number. The last job I was on the number was 20%. It was impossible to reach that number because the company couldnt find enough FN people that wanted a job. So they paid the fines. Just makes things more expensive for all of us. Total insanity IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the Yukon, that covers almost everyone.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Small insignificant people like saddlegirl won’t look for facts that destroy their sheltered world view. Liberals like her prefer to piss and moan online while ignoring reality. She’d rather you provide everything she needs and then she’ll continue to piss and moan while she continues to ignore reality. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

It's possible that such a course is a requirement to graduate with the particular degree that the student in question is pursuing, but it's certainly not a general requirement for all students.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254

Does not surprise me at all. I see government job postings every day that say " First Nation Hire Preferred." The government is breeding racism.Typical liberal MO. Keep people fighting amongst each other. Divide and conquer. Its gotten so bad up here that its getting harder and harder for local companies to compete because if a company can show some FN ownership they get extra points in the bidding process. Then its standard in contracts now that companies have to agree to a certain amount of FN hires or they get fined for every day they dont have the right number. The last job I was on the number was 20%. It was impossible to reach that number because the company couldnt find enough FN people that wanted a job. So they paid the fines. Just makes things more expensive for all of us. Total insanity IMO.

This is how they have separated the Country born Canadians from everyone else. As the FN populace was pulling up their pants and trying to make a better standard for themselves, families, and community, someone comes along and inserts a lower bar for one race over all others. Which is the point of schooling and grant $$$, to make it more equal.

FN have been separated...Patriot's have been separated, and new Canadian's separated. No Patriot's are needed anymore.
FN were/are exempt from Covid restrictions, and there is a sign at the entrance to a reserve near me that says...
"Visitor's are not welcome on band lands during Covid"........

It is the balkanization of Canada, one doesn't have to be very astute to see what is happening, one just needs to take his head out of his azz long enough to see it.
UNDRIP, Treaty process = the end of Canada as we know it.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have reached out to the student I spoke with to get more detail (and evidence) on that matter. I will update as soon as I am able to.

It would not surprise me that this would be mandatory for all students to take such a course. Similar cases have caught a lot of media attention throughout the US and I believe there’s even a petition out in BC calling for similar mandatory courses in Highschools.

Pitter Patter!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Small insignificant people like saddlegirl won’t look for facts that destroy their sheltered world view. Liberals like her prefer to piss and moan online while ignoring reality. She’d rather you provide everything she needs and then she’ll continue to piss and moan while she continues to ignore reality. 😉

@AcesNeights

Trolling me with childish insults, abuse, false accusations, whining, and wailing doesn't change anything.

The members of this forum are too intelligent to be taken in by silly melodramatic rhetoric.

These are just the standard ploys of distraction, deflection, and defamation that internet trolls love to use because they really have nothing else to say.

You claim that I am ignoring reality, yet Nashville has made a claim that is based on pure hearsay, and NOT reality.

That claim is that The University of Calgary is forcing students to take a compulsory course in "white privilege".

Yet he can not or will not provide a link or a news story to substantiate this claim because he can't, and I can find nothing on-line about it.

That is reality.

If he does in fact have any proof of this allegation, why doesn't he provide it?

I would love to see it, as would the others reading this thread, if any proof exists.

However, right now this is just hearsay from one person (Nashville) that some guy said something.

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/13/21.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
And people in the community are ‘happy ‘ he was arrested. I am sure many were only too happy to report him.

It’s becoming embarrassing to be a Canadian.

Apparently this has been going on for a while.....and yet not a ‘super spreader’. How dare they think they can worship in a manner of their choosing!

Have to think that the cops are tremendously proud of themselves.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Lorne
And people in the community are ‘happy ‘ he was arrested. I am sure many were only too happy to report him.

It’s becoming embarrassing to be a Canadian.

Apparently this has been going on for a while.....and yet not a ‘super spreader’. How dare they think they can worship in a manner of their choosing!

Have to think that the cops are tremendously proud of themselves.

I agree. The 'snitches' might want to consider what happened to the nazi collaborators after WW2.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
it is shame that at the beginning of the pademy or whatever we can call that the authority in the yukon blamed one church for the case then never released the flight number or other locations for the next cases and for very long time.

on another note: unfortunately not that much happened to the collaborators of the nazi regimes after ww2 and the bad explanation was they needed all to rebuild ...

we can choose what to do and some had no problems to call the authority to blame your neighbours but some others still think at the whole and of course wont snitch friends and neighbours... we count on all and we need all.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,646
Posts18,474,534
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.