Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How? Just look at this crepey neck.
[Linked Image from bizpacreview.com]

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Incredible..... Yet I've heard those stories many times. I can't seem to get my head around that sort of thing. Now I can only wonder if that hiker had a beard.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Although it looks fun, those hunters out there waving turkey fans around like in the skoot and shoot videos.....are living dangerously, It would have to be a huge tract of private land and me be in the middle of it to even consider it.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Rule 4 violation, people shoot at sounds, and / or very slight movements, they hear a turkey call and blast the underbrush.

I talked to a guy some years ago who got shot that way. His little boy was with him, sitting between his legs while they called. Some moron blasted them twice from the side, both were injured.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That’s why we mostly gun in stands down here, especially in east Texas. There are all kinds of peckerwood numbnuts out in the woods in east Texas. They shoot anything that moves. They ground check everything.

Last edited by hanco; 05/10/21.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
i heard it happened in east Texas. Wife shot her husband mistaking him for a deer. They convicted her because she didn't field dress him...

My brothers ex mother in-law shot her first (obviously very dumb) husband 3 consecutive years in a row deer hunting. After the last time he finally left her. Some people are just plain stupid!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've never seen a man look like a turkey (bird) grin , or a deer.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Read the Bigfoot thread.

That’s what you’re sharing the woods with.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Pfft. People are mistaken for deer many times every season.. I keep hopin' someone will mistake the FLIP for a turkey (face and wattle matches) and bring that fat bird home for roasting.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There is a lot or members in Congress who are Turkeys I would like to shoot.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dess
Is Missouri one of those states where you can legally hunt alone even if you're legally blind?
Bad eyesight could easily be the culprit. But I can attest that even with good vision your eyes can play tricks especially in low light or heavy brush. I've never shot anyone but did kill a bird once that I thought was a squirrel. It was a leafy tree and there was a squirrel up there also.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was three feet from a turkey twice today...

It didn't talk trash or tell me I was a racist Mexican...

But it's brain was probably bigger than most liberals...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 16bore
Worried more about how cool the Instagram post would look than what he was doing.

What a dumbass.

Or it could’ve been and old, squinty-eyed diabetic dumb fouck eager for the taste of mud flavored turkey meat.

It was a squinty eyed 78 year old codger that shot my buddy. Buddy lost the sight in his left eye and is still carrying around pellets in his head, neck and chest they didn't want to risk removing. Judging by the 2500.00 hubble telescopes a lot of members seem to need to kill bambis dad, I think there are a bunch of those squinty eyed old codgers here.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We were talking about this, this morning because it happened not too far from our house. I could picture this happening with someone so excited they aren't thinking right (obviously) Like a cop yelling TASER, TASER,TASER, and shooting someone with a pistol (firearm). I am not excusing it, but I can imagine it.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For several years during our gun club's youth day I ran a hunter safety course through the woods. I would have some animal targets that were safe and legal to shoot, some illegal per game laws, and others unsafe. I had an orange vest set up between the shooting stand position and a deer target that you couldn't see unless you stepped away from the tree at the shooting position. Another was a bear target across a ravine with a USGI woodland camo shirt near the target showing how well the camo worked. Several adults were impressed with the lessons learned on that course.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Musta been pretty damn ugly....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
GRIZZ say he was scared to death to call dogs after watching Alien.

That’s what you’re sharing the woods with.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shaman

Bottom line: if you think you could never shoot another hunter, you're probably part of the problem. It's the experienced guys who get fooled the easiest.

Bullsheit . . . . . .zero chance I ever mistake a person for a deer or a turkey. ZERO

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by rainshot
i heard it happened in east Texas. Wife shot her husband mistaking him for a deer. They convicted her because she didn't field dress him...

My brothers ex mother in-law shot her first (obviously very dumb) husband 3 consecutive years in a row deer hunting. After the last time he finally left her. Some people are just plain stupid!

No chit??!!?? 3 times?

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jimy
I'm guessing that anyone that's poking your wife, might look like a turkey, in the right light .

I always wondered what percentage of hunting accidents had something like this in the equation. I'm betting it's pretty high.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,882
Posts18,497,770
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.