Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
Plano it a liberal haven I think. The cop looked a little gay and the protest was illegal. They said it was scheduled but you cannot schedule a disruption of traffic unless I'm mistaken. A few well placed shots would've cleared things up quickly. The cop needs to be fired at the very least and his supervisor busted for allowing it to happen.

I don't know if this.ome was.legal or not, but a City issues permits that make it legal. They do it all the time.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ironbender
That cop was there to help protect the protesters, not to be useful.

That cawp was no cop.

You mean a rent-a-cop, or just a POS?

His shirt said he was poleece.

Not rent-a-cop. Ass-whole.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What happened to the presumption that it's a crime to block traffic? Folks used to get arrested and sentenced for intentionally blocking traffic, then disregarding police orders to cease and desist. Cops would show up in force with paddy wagons to arrest them.
When did we, as a society, decide to stop instructing cops to follow this pattern?

You're correct, unless they got a permit. Then it's just like any other parade.

In san Francisco, these actions are loudly described as 1st Amendment activities. Therefore blocking traffic is a minor transgression when compared to the cops violating THEIR rtghts. Screw everybody else.

If the cops went ahead and cited anyone, the charges would be dismissed. And the agency would be sued for civil rights violations.

It has been creeping and evolving for years, but really gained traction in the Obama years. Many judges are appointed, thus elections have consequences.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 05/10/21.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Gets Involved After Plano Police Officer Allows BLM-Antifa to Illegally Block Traffic, Brandish Weapon

The Plano police officer took the side of the BLM-Antifa mob and allowed the dangerous left-wing militia to illegally block the highway.

The man who attempted to clear the road was doxxed by leftists and charged while the law-breaking traffic-blockers walk free!

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton got involved since the Plano police chief refused to arrest the lawbreakers.

“I instructed one of my top deputies to contact the Plano Police Chief to get more details. What he heard paints an even worse picture that the video alone depicts,” Ken Paxton said in a statement.

Paxton said the police chief told his deputy several different versions of what actually happened.

First, the Chief told my deputy that while the weapon drawn wasn’t a pistol, it was, in fact, a “pepper ball gun.” In a separate conversation, the Chief claimed it was a “taser.” In a recent Facebook post, the Department is now saying it was a “electronic control device.” Paxton said. “Whatever it was, the police declined to pursue the leftist who brandished the weapon, and no charges are being pressed against him.”

Paxton continued, “Second, the Chief was anxious to excuse the rioters. “You have to understand the situation.” urged the Chief. “We have to negotiate with these people. Do you expect us to mass arrest the protesters? You know that’s not going to happen.”

Paxton said too many police officers are “held back by politically motivated leaders, crippled by the woke agitators, now aiders and abettors to liberal lunacy.”

“I will never allow our beautiful Texas cities and neighborhoods to become Portland or Seattle or San Francisco because of the unchecked left,” Paxton said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...illegally-block-traffic-brandish-weapon/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After reading the article above, care to guess what color the Police Chief is?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know some southern cities aren't well equipped,
But two plow trucks with wings can clear 2 lanes, including the
shoulders.

All that's needed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas AG letter about the incident.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What does Abbott have to say about this?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

If your going to talk? TALK, if your going to SHOOT----SHOOT, Time for talking to these butt heads is over. Rio7

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

Abbott is secretly wishing BLM well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

So I take it he isn’t going to step in and “help” the man that was charged with assault for defending himself.

Is he also going to put the breaks on AG Paxton?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

So I take it he isn’t going to step in and “help” the man that was charged with assault for defending himself.

Is he also going to put the breaks on AG Paxton?

The AG in Texas is an elected position.

Paxton doesn't work for Abbott.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Abbott is waiting to see how the political winds blow. You can protest all you want if you don't block traffic and take away anyone's rights. The Police Chief and that officer that declined to intervene should both be fired. If this is allowed to go on it will end up like Portland eventually. This lunacy should've been put down hard the first time instead of nurtured. Now they know what they can get away with.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Too bad there wasn’t some game and fish violations happening. They would be on top of that right quick.

I have to admit that I don’t have much faith in the Blue anymore, even though I wore fudge stripes. Modern era law enforcement or is it public safety now? Doesn’t seem to do chit about this type of stuff. Now if there was a church gathering without masks they’d be suited up and ready to go. People are going to have to make a choice someday soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The BLM idiots know what the police will do in a certain town before they even go.

In fact, it's probably orchestrated. Always happens to a camera around...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Plano it a liberal haven I think. The cop looked a little gay and the protest was illegal. They said it was scheduled but you cannot schedule a disruption of traffic unless I'm mistaken. A few well placed shots would've cleared things up quickly. The cop needs to be fired at the very least and his supervisor busted for allowing it to happen.

I don't know if this.ome was.legal or not, but a City issues permits that make it legal. They do it all the time.

On state maintained ROW even within city limits a city issued permit has to have state review and approval. Another factor is controlled access roadways (ergo freeways and their frontage roads). Any closures (except temporary closures for Maintenance projects or disasters ) or permits on these roadways require State Highway Commission (NOT TxDOT) approval. Apparently this occurred on a controled access roadway.

If city does not enforce the letter of the law, district DPS captain and Troopers usually will step in. Seen it happen before. Bottom line is keep roadway open.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by viking
Too bad there wasn’t some game and fish violations happening. They would be on top of that right quick.

Yea, somebody shoulda called Lone Star Law and told em there were some improperly tagged coons in the street. That sheit would have got shut down quick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Abbott is waiting to see how the political winds blow. You can protest all you want if you don't block traffic and take away anyone's rights. The Police Chief and that officer that declined to intervene should both be fired. If this is allowed to go on it will end up like Portland eventually. This lunacy should've been put down hard the first time instead of nurtured. Now they know what they can get away with.

Fired by "whom" is the issue. I don't know what the Plano city council looks like, but if it's as anything like Dallas, those guys are off-limits.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

I’m surprised. Thought he wasDesantis-like.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,554
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.