Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've always wondered if the DNA testing sites, like '23 and Me' or 'Ancestry.com' and there are several others, were private. Well, I got my answer today.

The link below is an article about a Washington woman that has been missing for 40 years. The authorities used DNA and cross referenced it with DNA from commercial sites to identify the woman's remains.

So, not only do you get your results from your DNA tests, so do the feds. Now I figure that just being on the campfire is enough for the feds to keep an eye on me/us, but voluntarily giving them my DNA is not my cup of tea.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spokane-woman-missing-nearly-40-020200928.html

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I work for the lab that runs the assay for one of the top players in DNA testing.

Trust me when I say that nothing about genetic testing is private. You put your genome in the public arena when you are tested and it stays there for ever.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually it could have a up side, sorta like chipping your dog.

After we all grow old and feeble and get hard of hearing and decide to take a walk, if some cop a half a block away screams 'drop the cane and eat dirt' and we refuse, because we can't fckin hear him..

They can sop up some of your blood from the street after they gun you down and be able to find out who you belonged to.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We had ours done. I was supposed to have American Indian in me, nope, English, Scandinavian, 6% Italian, and 1% Chinese.
Wifey is the same, except 6% Middle Eastern. She found out she is 3rd or 4th cousins to Rhett Akins from her Dad’s side.

They have caught a few criminals that were floating underground through their kin that had the DNA testing done. I don’t break the law, so I’m not worried about the government having mine.

Last edited by hanco; 05/11/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the founders and current CEO of 23andMe is Anne Wojcicki, who is a Jew.

A universal truth about Jews is that if you give them the opportunity, they will Jew you. So you have to deny them those opportunities if you want to avoid that certain outcome.

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by hanco
We had ours done. I was supposed to have American Indian in me, nope, English, Scandinavian, 6% Italian, and 1% Chinese.
Wifey is the same, except 6% Middle Eastern. She found out she is 3rd or 4th cousins to Rhett Akins from her Dad’s side.

They have caught a few criminals that were floating underground through their kin that had the DNA testing done. I don’t break the law, so I’m not worried about the government having mine.

Hanco,

You’ve already broke the law. You are white!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A white man from Texas no less. Gotta be a supremacist.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Micheal Connolly’s novel “Fair Warning” from last year explored some of the issues around data in the testing industry. Hint: they aren’t making their money on the $20 they charge you.

Like with Facebook, if you aren’t the customer, you are the product.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
As for the native American DNA...i have 100 percent proof I am 1/8 Sioux and the ancestry test came back not mentioning that. I did a little digging and it seems the tribes told them no way when it came to giving them samples to use.

So it sounds like their tests are not as accurate as they want us to think. It's only as accurate as the data they have to work with like any other piece of science.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its a database.....and people are dumb enough to pay to use it.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You've been trained well.

I don’t break the law, so I’m not worried about the government........

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t break the law, so I’m not worried about the government having mine.

I'll take words that tyrants love for $1000 Alex...

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the problem if you're DNA is known to other's?...
20+ yrs ago, without thinking, I gave a sample for an insurance policy, would like to walk that back.

It could be used for good if they can identify unsolved cases, victim's and perp's can be identified.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why in the fug would anyone need or want your DNA, is the question!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
As for the native American DNA...i have 100 percent proof I am 1/8 Sioux and the ancestry test came back not mentioning that. I did a little digging and it seems the tribes told them no way when it came to giving them samples to use.

So it sounds like their tests are not as accurate as they want us to think. It's only as accurate as the data they have to work with like any other piece of science.

It’s not that their tests aren’t accurate, it has to do with them not exactly reporting the complete story. Had a bit of a conversation with archaeologist son on this very subject. He occasionally gets involved in a bunch of DNA work thru his employment.
He said something like that a bunch of folks are doing the test specifically to see if they have any NA DNA. As we was a bit of drinking involved during this discussion I will try to explain the best I remember. He stated that if the numbers are low, as would be the case in many circumstances, they go unreported. So unless it is quite obvious that you have NA DNA, they are more or less, adhering to an agenda.

I know that my good childhood bud (now deceased), stated that his results showed small “Mongolian” traces. So that may be one method of Skirting the issue.

Also there is always the possibility that being so miniscule and watered down, the NA DNA was simply not passed to a person.

Son went on to say this was a method to keep caucasians from claiming NA descent. He also said you can asked to have it checked and some companies will come clean and give you nimbers.

Now I may be totally full of schidt. And admit it. But something along these lines is the best way I remember the conversation. He’s is convinced that any NA traces our family may have are just not there. Despite the same old family stories. But he went on to state that did not mean they weren't there in past great grandparents etc

Like I said, this is the best I remember. Anyone else heard any of this???

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I paid a hundred bucks to get on to 23andme.com Well worth it.

What I like the most is I found out that I have more Neanderthal DNA than 96 percent of the population.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 673
What's the problem if you're DNA is known to other's?...
20+ yrs ago, without thinking, I gave a sample for an insurance policy, would like to walk that back.

It could be used for good if they can identify unsolved cases, victim's and perp's can be identified.

I agree. A useful tool is turned against the innocent and used as a weapon, I fear the company/government in its abuse and privacy issues.

Same thing happened at work with GPS on company vehicles. Useful for dispatching, but some managers were glued to the computer screen looking for route violations when a guy needed a bathroom break.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ancestry admitted it in fine print on their site when I did some digging. In my case my grandmothers mother was 1/2 sioux and we have relics and other proof of this. So in my case I didn't take the test to find that out. I was trying to trace mom's side.

Kinda stupid that they even manipulate who you are.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Government wants to database as much DNA as possible.

Volunteers help.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Does anyone honestly believe politicians are heart-broken over C19 wiping out certain low-income nursing homes?

Suppose these politicians have a way to determine who is predisposed to the most costly long term elderly care.

Financial class, as well, in determination.

Some folks just don't deserve a long life.

Think Barack and Obamacare.....giving granny a pain pill instead of a new hip.......then sending her out on the ice to fetch the mail.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.