Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I know Leica isn’t so good at customer service but my experience with them has been horrid. I ordered a set of their new 3200.coms on 03/12/21 through a site linked to my work. Leica immediately debited the money and told me it may take up to 15 days to ship.

On 04/01 I called Leica and was informed they were in the shipping department as would go out 04/02 and to call back if I didn’t receive tracking, of course I didn’t get tracking so I called as requested and was told they couldn’t go out until 04/08 due to them doing inventory but would absolutely ship 04/08. Now I’m not quite sure why a product supposedly boxed and labeled for shipping would be counted on inventory but whatever.

Come 04/14 I still had not received tracking so I again called Leica and was told they “got behind” and would absolutely ship by 04/16. I got tracking on 04/16 as promised but the tracking number is invalid.

The vendor I purchased through confirmed that the tracking number I had matched my invoice from Leica and they too are unable to get any answers from Leica.

I’ve left emails and voicemails for Leica to provide a correct tracking number and it’s been total radio science. I guess Leica feels the consumer should feel grateful they allow us to purchase their products and shouldn’t care that they have $3300 of our money for almost 3x the amount of time they quoted and can’t even provide accurate tracking.

I’ve owned many pairs of leicas but this is likely my last as their customer service and constant excuses is absolute horseschitt.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
cancel the order and write a letter to the CEO. Buy some Swarovski's

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I am understanding this correctly you ordered from somewhere that didn't have it in stock so they were having Leica do a drop ship of the product for them to you. Is this correct?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
cancel the order and write a letter to the CEO. Buy some Swarovski's

In full disclosure I get a pretty big discount from Leica due to my work, not that my discount makes their excuses acceptable in my book

I’ve played with a buddies EL ranges and they are a consideration though I’ve had a few iterations of leicas so I’m familiar with them.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
If I am understanding this correctly you ordered from somewhere that didn't have it in stock so they were having Leica do a drop ship of the product for them to you. Is this correct?

Doug, the vendor I ordered from is supposedly contracted through Leica to facilitate some of the Leica LE/Mil discounts with Leica drop shipping the product's. Prior to ordering I called the vendor and Leica directly and was assured by both that they were in hand and would ship in under 15 days.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So what’s the problem besides you were promised they would ship by 4/16 ? It’s the gook flu and all that

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always call Doug first, and it has never not been my last call.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
So what’s the problem besides you were promised they would ship by 4/16 ? It’s the gook flu and all that

I was initially promised they would ship 04/02, then 04/08, then 04/16 and got tracking on 04/16 that’s invalid.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RickBin

I can get the same discount, I still use Doug period for whatever I can. Best customer service at time of sale and years later, in one case 10 years later for me with Leica range finder. He stands by his products and more importantly his customers.

Spence

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I got LE/Mil pricing on them and would never even dream to ask Doug to match that price delivered. It’s a substantial discount but at this point worthless as o can’t get Leica to follow their promises or deliver an accurate tracking number.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by spence1875

I can get the same discount, I still use Doug period for whatever I can. Best customer service at time of sale and years later, in one case 10 years later for me with Leica range finder. He stands by his products and more importantly his customers.

Spence

Normally Doug is my first call for all of my optics but I thought I could save $800 going direct but the headaches and lack of honesty by Leica hasn’t been worth it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Often times a tracking number is “invalid” initially until the shipper has their hands on the product. It will say shipping label created or something. That blows though they immediately debited you’re account for the full amount

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I know Leica isn’t so good at customer service but my experience with them has been horrid. I ordered a set of their new 3200.coms on 03/12/21 through a site linked to my work. Leica immediately debited the money and told me it may take up to 15 days to ship.

On 04/01 I called Leica and was informed they were in the shipping department as would go out 04/02 and to call back if I didn’t receive tracking, of course I didn’t get tracking so I called as requested and was told they couldn’t go out until 04/08 due to them doing inventory but would absolutely ship 04/08. Now I’m not quite sure why a product supposedly boxed and labeled for shipping would be counted on inventory but whatever.

Come 04/14 I still had not received tracking so I again called Leica and was told they “got behind” and would absolutely ship by 04/16. I got tracking on 04/16 as promised but the tracking number is invalid.

The vendor I purchased through confirmed that the tracking number I had matched my invoice from Leica and they too are unable to get any answers from Leica.

I’ve left emails and voicemails for Leica to provide a correct tracking number and it’s been total radio science. I guess Leica feels the consumer should feel grateful they allow us to purchase their products and shouldn’t care that they have $3300 of our money for almost 3x the amount of time they quoted and can’t even provide accurate tracking.

I’ve owned many pairs of leicas but this is likely my last as their customer service and constant excuses is absolute horseschitt.

would that 3k be for the same 3200.coms that Doug has for sale for 2999?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
would that 3k be for the same 3200.coms that Doug has for sale for 2999?

Yep and LE price on them is as I said about $800 less and that’s not a hit I would even ask Doug to take.

And I fat fingered a wrong button in my $3300 shown in the quote above. Price isn’t the issue, broken promises, long list of excuses and general lack of customer service are the issue.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Did you finally receive them or.......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GSSP

Wondering the same

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GSSP

My apologies that I forgot to follow up on this. Yes I got them and got an answer for the tracking number issue as when they arrived the tracking on the box wasn’t remotely what was provided.

From what I was told someone at Leica saw this thread and wasn’t happy with the delays so as my binos were supposed to go out the door USPS ground on 04/16 the decisions was made to change the shipping to 2 day air and apparently the tracking number was never updated in their system which Leica apologized for. USPS as they often do dropped the ball and didn’t manage to deliver them until 04/25.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody care to bet on what Genie spoke to Leica?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My experience was identical.

I got a "top of the line" range finder from Leica and it failed quickly (about 8 months) and would not range my house from only 200 yards away. I sent it to them and they told me "tough luck" in so many words. They would do NOTHING and there was NO guarantee at all. They they were stupid enough to try to sell me a new one (mine was "new" but that didn't matter)

I did buy a new one. But it was not a Leica and I won't ever give them another penny. I try to warn people at every opportunity too.

Feel free to pass this info on to ALL you know.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm wanting to enter the bino/rf one unit club, and even consider a Geovid in spite of Leica USA dropping the ball on my last try with them. I hate screwing around with piss poor CS and am even considering a Vortex Fury 5000 AB instead of the Geovid, realizing I'll give up some optical performance. Only reason I'm considering another Geovid is the new warranty but still not convinced they are worth the extra $$$$.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 16 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,810
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.